It is not a zoo, though, and the animals live free and unmolested in their natural environment, providing you with some perfect photo opportunities as you walk along a well-groomed trail for about 600 yards through the magnificent Alaskan wilderness. The garden railway runs along 250 feet of track through Skagwee, a miniature replica of Skagway as it was 100 years ago. It allows passengers to travel back to the past, riding the rails on a real gold rush train, past waterfalls, glacial rivers, steep gorges, and dense forests that have hardly changed since the time of the gold miners. The magic and mystery of Alaska can be in the details—and when you take a deep whiff of the tundra, you’ll find it raw, but fragrant. Which one is right for you? To see everything that majestic Denali has to offer in its 8,000,000 acres of Alaskan wilderness would take more than a lifetime. You can stand outside or in the heated cabin with a large viewing window. The restaurant offers views of the garden and serves food and drink prepared with garden-fresh, organic ingredients. Three major public art exhibits are showcased on the museum's grounds, including a 40-foot panel exhibit by Robert Davidson paying tribute to a Haida supernatural figure known as "Greatest Echo. Located about 125 miles south of Anchorage, the small town of Seward is the gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park. 231 2nd, Skagway, AK 99840, Phone: 907-983-2217, Fun day trip ideas close to me, things to do this weekend, small towns, best weekend getaways: Getaways in California, East Coast beaches, NC quick trip, Romantic weekend getaways. What to do near my location downtown at night in fall, winter, spring, summer, romantic getaways tomorrow, wedding venues, no-contact delivery, pickup, rainy day trips, best small beach towns to retire, open parks near me: NC, NM, ME, VegasFrom LA, WY, Hot Springs, Midwest , Things to Do in Reno, Ohio castles,, KY, South Padre Island, Dream vacation spots, What to do near my location downtown at night in fall, winter, spring, summer, romantic getaways tomorrow, wedding venues, no-contact delivery, pickup, rainy day trips, best small beach towns to retire, open parks near me: NC, NM, ME, VegasFrom LA, WY, Hot Springs, Midwest , Things to Do in Reno, Ohio castles,, KY, South Padre Island, Dream vacation spots. Hands-on sail­ing adven­tures or all-inclu­sive yacht expeditions. The views are reward­ing, and some­one else is doing the driving, Rent­ing a motorhome in Alas­ka lets you cre­ate your own itin­er­ary and take your accom­mo­da­tions with you, Most wilder­ness lodges offer all inclu­sive mul­ti-day vaca­tion packages, See glac­i­ers and wildlife up close.