Very insightful!! The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism An intelligent, intellectually rigorous examination of why the Christian faith still makes sense in an age of scepticism. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Whether in a group setting or individual conversation, The Reason for God is a resource for what to say in response to these objections, and a model for how to say it. En 1989 fundo la Iglesia Presbiteriana Redeemer en Manhattan junto a su esposa y sus tres hijos. Why Is There So Much Evil in the World? The Reason for God small group Bible study can be used individually, with groups, or by any believer who is engaging with friends who don’t share his or her beliefs. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Amazon Price New from Used from Kindle "Please retry" $13.99 — — Audible Audiobook, Abridged "Please retry" $0.00 . Read The Reason for God: Belief in an age of scepticism book reviews & author details and more at Amazon.in. Highly recommended! Please try again. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. If we treat those outside the kingdom with respect they are more likely to engage in debate. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. These books rocked me and also made me feel very sad. My verdict: useful for me, but perhaps not in quite the way the producers intended! There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. The Reason for God Study Guide with DVD: Conversations on Faith and Life, Zondervan; Study Guide edition (February 26, 2011), Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2012. search results for this author. He has also mentored young urban church planters and pastors in New York and other cities through Redeemer City to City, which has helped launch over 200 churches in 35 global cities to date. I found questions that I had long pondered answered and my faith in God deepened. Isn't the Bible a Myth? There was a problem loading your book clubs. Jul 18, 2012 - The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism [Keller, Timothy] on Amazon.com. Different from other books on the Christian faith I’ve read. Please try again. The Reason for God: Belief in an age of scepticism Kindle Edition by Timothy Keller (Author) › Visit Amazon's Timothy Keller Page. *Discussion 6. Fantastic resource for Christians and seekers, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 September 2015. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. With great humility, Keller shows how rather than being a leap of blind faith the gospel answers some of life's deepest questions. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Timothy Keller, pastor of an inner-city New York church, looks at some of the most widespread accusations levelled at Christianity, including Christianity's claim of exclusivity; how a good God could allow suffering; why the Church is responsible for injustice; and if science has disproved religious belief. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping . As the pastor of an inner-city church in New York City, Timothy Keller has compiled a list of the most frequently voiced ‘doubts’ sceptics bring to his church, as well as the most important reasons for faith. Really interesting. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 May 2018. Something went wrong. It's certainly the best book I've read of its type. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Fantastic resource for Christians and seekers, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 September 2015. Different from other books on the Christian faith I’ve read. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. This is strongly recommended for all, even if you, like me, sometimes cow away from the world of Christian literature which is, unfortunately, saturated with trite and poorly written works which do more to undermine the faith than to promote it. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The book is very well written and easy to follow, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 October 2017. Amazon.in - Buy The Reason for God: Belief in an age of scepticism book online at best prices in India on Amazon.in. Not only does it provide structure and format, the videos sparks a lot of thought and discussion. But the author had to set you up for the rest of the book. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Why Is the Church Responsible for So Much Injustice? Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 April 2017. SPANISH BIO: Timothy Keller nacio y crecio en Pensilvania y se educo en la Universidad Bucknell, el Seminario Teologico Gordon-Conwell y el Seminario Teologico Westminster. This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. (. Buy The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism 1st by Keller, Timothy (ISBN: 8601410168360) from Amazon's Book Store. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. At a time when scientists and critics such as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens are questioning the validity of religion, this book uses literature, philosophy and reason to explain how faith in a Christian God is a soundly rational belief. It reads like a Mere Christianity (CS Lewis) for the 21st century. The book is very well written and easy to follow. Please try your request again later. This is an excellent book of popular theology which presents some compelling evidence and arguments for trusting in the truth of Christianity. Worth getting if you want to know how to defend and explain your faith as a Christian, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 July 2018. The Reason for God Audible Audiobook – Abridged Timothy Keller (Author, Narrator), Hodder & Stoughton (Publisher) 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,019 ratings. As somebody who was brought up as a Catholic I have a fundamental faith that God exists. I thoroughly recommend it and would encourage anyone investigating the Christian faith or questioning its foundations to pick it up. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Tim Keller's treatment of the Christian faith is one of the most helpful books I've read. Redemption links and Kindle Books cannot be resold. Please try again. I had also read the brilliant books Sapiens and Homo Deus recently which really was the first brilliant book I have read where the author has pinned his staunch beliefs in a non-spiritual human to the wall. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. However, it helped me and I found some of the arguments compelling. As somebody who was brought up as a Catholic I have a fundamental faith that God exists. Please try your request again later. The arguments are clear and cogent. Keller shows an appreciation of differing viewpoints to biblical Christianity and handles them graciously and with respect. The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Marriage with the Wisdom of God, Evidence that Demands a Verdict (Anglicized): Life-Changing Truth for a Sceptical World. The book is very well written and easy to follow. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. It does it in a smart and kind way. So much to read, digest and think about. Keller shows an appreciation of differing viewpoints to biblical Christianity and handles them graciously and with respect. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Why Does God Allow Suffering? His first pastorate was in Hopewell, Virginia. A nice book with compelling information and philosophical arguments, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 December 2017. I recommend this book for those who don't mind being challenged about their beliefs. This book has been written for believers and non-believers, sceptics and churchgoers, and charts a brilliantly considered and impassioned path to Christianity - a Mere Christianity for the twenty-first century.