What is Journal Entry? When you make a financial transaction, you make a journal entry in the general journal to record that transaction. It can also be a way of relieving stress, rather than inadvertently taking out your unexplored feelings on someone else. You’ll notice the above diagram shows the first step as “Source Documents”. It is a good book that will take you about 1-2 hours depending on how much of a perfectionist yo… A Journal Entry is simply a summary of the debits and credits of the transaction entry to the Journal. Journal entries are important because they allow us to sort our transactions into manageable data. If you haven’t cleaned the seven litter boxes for a week, don’t write that you clean them every day simply because you want your readers one hundred years from now to think you had good habits. Writing in a journal can allow you to work through complex issues in your life, exploring them thoroughly and candidly. How to Make a Journal or Daily Planner: I've been making books for a while and this is one that I have cooked up from taking all my preferences of other books and the mistakes of my old books. The journal is a record of how you felt and what you did. The general journal is a detailed record of the financial transactions of the business. The transactions are listed in chronological order. Telling the truth will make you a reliable storyteller. Consider the following diagram . Journal writing is a creative form of recording your feelings free from the fear of judgement or criticism.