15 / 67g left. A variety of textures and colors will produce the best results.Â, If you don't enjoy tofu, you can leave it out entirely (just be sure to bulk up the vegetable mixture) or substitute it with shrimp or chicken!Â. Stir in the juice of half a lime and the chopped cilantro. 457 / 2,000 cal left. Serve it on top of fluffy coconut rice with lime wedges and you’ve got yourself a very, very tasty meal! Daily Goals. Tofu tends to be a love or leave it ingredient for most people. Serving Size : 1 serving. Just before serving, we’ll stir in fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Season with salt. Sodium 1,673g. Your email address will not be published. This mixture is reduced until thickened and poured over the sautéed vegetable and tofu mixture just before serving. 27 / 67g left. While you can prepare red curry paste from scratch, store-bought red curry paste (I recommend Thai Kitchen brand – affiliate link) has a great ingredient list and can be found in most grocery stores. Fat 52g. How does this food fit into your daily goals? If you’ve been hesitant to hop aboard the tofu wagon, this Thai Red Curry Tofu is a great place to start. 63 %27 gFat. A Beautiful Plate provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietician. 10 Affordable Everyday Food Photography Backgrounds, 1 can (13.5 ounces) full-fat coconut milk, 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (*I recommend Thai Kitchen brand), 1 tablespoon fish sauce (*I recommend Red Boat brand), kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons avocado or neutral high-heat oil, divided, 8 ounces (1/2 lb) French green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces, 1-inch knob of peeled fresh ginger, finely diced, 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded, and finely diced, 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch thick strips, juice of 1/2 lime, plus more lime wedges for serving, handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish, Thai basil leaves, for garnish (optional). Tofu tends to be a love or leave it ingredient for most people. Calories per serving of Thai Red Curry w/ Tofu. post it on instagram and tag it #abeautifulplate. Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. While the sauce thickens, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, non-stick skillet (12-inch diameter) over medium-high heat. Add the tofu back into the pan and pour the warm curry sauce over the mixture, gently tossing the mixture. 26 %25 gCarbs. Add the fish sauce and lime leaves. Season to taste with salt or fish sauce as needed. Thank you! Add the diced ginger, garlic, and jalapeño pepper and sauté for 30 to 45 seconds, stirring frequently, or until fragrant. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. 402 / 2,000 cal left. Serve on top of fluffy coconut rice with fresh lime wedges. Serve the curry over steamed coconut rice (or steamed jasmine rice) with lime wedges for squeezing. Drain and press the tofu to remove excess moisture and water. Generic - Thai Red Curry With Tofu and Rice. Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy . Generic - Thai Red Curry Tofu and Vegetables. You can easily adapt the vegetables to suit your taste (broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, etc. Sodium 1,982g. If you don’t enjoy tofu, you can leave it out entirely (just be sure to bulk up the vegetable mixture) or substitute it with shrimp or chicken! Daily Goals. Nutritional Info. I’m a professionally trained chef and food writer. Learn how your comment data is processed. 318 / 2,300g left. Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy . Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and increase to high heat. We happen to enjoy it, but it definitely requires the right preparation in order for it to leave a lasting impression. Log Food. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 627 / 2,300g left. ), just be sure to adjust the cooking times accordingly. 11 %11 gProtein. All content is copyright of A BEAUTIFUL PLATE and Laura Davidson, © 2010-2019, unless otherwise noted. 457 Cal. Reduce to low heat. Cholesterol 300g--/ 300g left. A variety of textures and colors will produce the best results. Material may not be duplicated or republished without permission. Once pressed, slice the block into 1-inch cubes and pat with a clean kitchen linen or paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. The sauce should sizzle as it hits the pan. Calorie Goal 1,543 cal. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Red Boat Vietnamese Extra Virgin Fish Sauce. Bring to a boil, whisking the mixture until smooth. Posts may contain Amazon Associate or RewardStyle affiliate links. 55 % 60g Carbs. 14 % 15g Protein. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the tofu pieces and spread into a single layer, setting them apart slightly. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. We happen to enjoy it, but it definitely requires the right preparation in order for it to leave a lasting impression. Simmer until thickened and slightly reduced, and keep warm while you prepare the tofu and vegetable mixture. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Fat 40g. It’s made with easy-to-find ingredients and can be prepared in less time than it takes to order take-out. Nutritional Info. 109 calories of Tofu, extra firm, (0.25 block) 90 calories of Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, (0.75 tbsp) 79 calories of light coconut milk, (3.50 oz) 14 calories of Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, calcium-fortified, (0.03 cup) 13 calories of Carrots…