I apologize. I use its wifi. Login: admin. I haven't managed to pull a log successfully showing the IP vanishing. If you know where they are, it would be much appreciated. 3. There is no pattern to the drops. That ruled out a lot of things in the eyes of the in-person and on phone tech support. How many devices are you trying to run over WiFi? I verified wifi levels and wifi interference levels and they seem OK per the measurements on the app that is pulling data. I set my DNS on my mac to 8.8.8.8 and that didn't keep it on yesterday. It looks like you're new here. Out of curiosity is this the only modem Charter supplies? Smart phones, printers,video cameras & servers, home automation? To do this, click Change Password in the upper-right corner of the page, complete the fields and click Save. I suspect it is a software problem. Ip Address: 192.168.0.1. Devices don't have this problem on other wifi. ... click on the message and turn it on. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! Give us at least the site name or the IP address; if you know both, we need both. As my posts Title suggests I would like to change my Routers DNS to OpenDNS. Password: password. What remote site is each one trying to access when its connection drops? You will have to be more specific in describing your DNS issue: You reported "When I am disconnected on wifi, my ethernet is still up." https://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/Advanced_WAN_Content.html, https://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/Main_Analysis_Content.html. Prior to that, I couldn't even go 1 hour sans reboot. 4 To change other settings, use the menu on the left to go to the setting of your choice and make the necessary changes. Not familiar with your router, and haven't touched a mac in AGES... so basically bouncing some thoughts in general here. The default user name is admin and the default password is password. I am fairly certain at this point that it is something in the software of the box. It also wipes out 2.4 and 5 ghz simultaneously. I managed to go 10 days sans reboot after I made the changes above. What isn't working my windows laptop, iPhone, TV, and mac that are on wifi. TECHNICOLOR TG582n (via Telnet) 5. Re: Technicolor TG797n v3 : Change DNS Servers? Blackboard Collaborate is a Java app. 4 Right-click Technicolor TC8717T and click View device web page. I would love to try setting the DNA server at the router level to see if it does help. The reason I am hypothesizing the DHCP is simply that changing those settings has been the most successful in remediating the problems. Provide the make and model number for each one. Wifi signal is fine, strong enough and no interference, Wifi signal isn't near other signals - checked that already. Signal strength is no different when wifi is up or down. My address plan starts at 192.168.0.n (where n>100) as bumping that was advised and seems to help. This website or its third-party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. I can say what has improved issues but not cured them: 1. increasing my DHCP lease time over the original hour that was the default setting, 2. These fixes have helped when the 4 tech and 4 line maintenance visits did not. and "Wifi on multiple devices but not ALL devices is impacted.". It has 0 glitches. Click Login. Technicolor - TC8717T. Im new to this, so id appreciate if someone who knows how. When I am disconnected on wifi, my ethernet is still up. Eliminating another thing brings me closer to sanity. with yak digital home phone (2 pages), Technicolor - thomson computer drive user manual (34 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", How to Change the Default Admin Tool Password, Wireless Router Technicolor MediaAccess TC8715D Quick Installation Manual, Modem Technicolor TG122N Setup And User Manual, Modem Technicolor TG582n Configuring Network Settings, Modem Technicolor TG582n Quick Setup Manual, Modem Technicolor TG582n Quick Start Manual, Modem Technicolor TG582n Installation Manual, Modem Technicolor TWG870 Operating Instructions Manual, Modem Technicolor TG588v v2 Setup And User Manual, Page 24: Connect The Gateway To Your Service Provider's Network, Page 28: How To Connect Your Wireless Client Via Wps, Page 30: How To Manually Connect Your Wireless Client, Page 40: How To Change The Default Admin Tool Password, Page 41: How To Backup Or Restore A Configuration, Page 43: The Gateway Wireless Access Point, Page 44: How To Configure The Wireless Settings, Page 46: How To Start A Wps Session Via The Admin Tool, Page 48: Prevent Devices From Accessing Your Wireless Network, Page 66: Port Configuration For Applications And Services, Page 75: Assigning A Reserved Ip To A Device, Page 78: Wireless Connection Troubleshooting, Page 81: Gateway Reset And Restore Options. Sometimes my dns is hijacked by time warner.. T-Mobile Brings Home Internet Service To 130+ Locations; RIP Slingbox: Devices Will Stop Working By 2021; + more news, AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile Exceed Expectations Amid Pandemic; Shentel/T-Mobile Deal A Go, Final In 2Q21; + more news, Reps Ask FCC To Stop Controversial Items During Transition; Trudeau: High-Speed Internet For All By 2026; + more news, Ajit Pai Likely Out, Controversial Decisions Will Be Reversed; Verizon Expands, Extends MVNO Deals With Comcast, Charter, Goodbye Canadian Internet... we hardly knew you, Scientists 3D print microscopic Star Trek spaceship that moves on its, It's Time to Hang Up on Phone Transports for Authentication. What works when the problems are apparent? (The default was 192.168.0.n). Today, they are back. That is the one test I can't figure out how to determine. They can't do email , get videos, or go to ANY website when this cycle of dropping starts. I just know I can have what seems to be no internet through wifi and my teleconference is uninterrupted with audio, video, and text chat very much intact. MediaAccess TC8717T. i cant seem to be able to find or change my Routers DNS settings on my routers web interaface. If the DHCP is failing or improperly configured, you will get DNS errors because your computing device cannot find any DNS servers. Smart phones, printers,video cameras & servers, home automation? About half the time it stays connected and in my meeting with no lag or latency problems when I am getting no DNS/no Internet warnings and websites become unavailable. [HINT: Most will be 192.168 1.n  (255.255.240.0), with the router at n=1]. If the DHCP is failing or improperly configured, you will get DNS errors because your computing device cannot find any DNS servers. 5 The Admin Tool appears. I suspect it is a software problem. In response to starkjs is there an updated version for this, the modem login screen looks completely diferent now and will not go back to basic settings like that screenshot has displayed.