As we have started reading the Bible again, Lori wanted her kids to know Jesus too. All Right Reserved. Relate everyday events to Jesus and help your children to understand that Jesus is with us all the time. Where are you?! Teach your kids that they don’t necessarily have to wait until bedtime to pray. If A New Comment Is Posted:Do Not Send Email Notifications.Send Email Notification ONLY If Someone Replies To My Comment(s).Send Email Notification Whenever A New Comment Is Posted. Displaying Bible verses can be very inspirational especially if you are feeling down, and also a great reminder of how much Jesus Loves Us. Let your children see the fruits of the spirit in you. )Start reading to them young, trust me I had my moments where I thought my kids probably have no clue what I am reading to them. When he finished telling me a certain Bible story, I kept asking and crying for more and more. Guest post by Jessica Smartt. Do not worry about food & body {overcome... How is life leaving law of attraction and... Swearing, revenge, loving your enemy – more thoughts... How I am teaching my kids to know Jesus (resources and my plan), Do not worry about food & body {overcome anxiety with food & body image}, Is good health a promise from God? our testimony back to Jesus from law of attraction. Peace in the Valley | 21 Days of Finding Light in the Darkest Hour is refreshingly honest, down-to-earth, and speaks to the heart of the matter – how can we reconcile our trials with our faith? We pray to him, but he doesn’t usually respond in an audible voice. Knowing Jesus comes through maturity in the Lord but we can help kids along by teaching them practical, yet spiritual ways to get to know Jesus. Here are 10 practical tips for parents who want to teach their children about Jesus and build their faith from an early age. Time flies so fast, now I am blessed with a 4-year-old boy and 6-year-old daughter, a boy and girl how lucky am I? Last summer I volunteered as one of the helpers for Kids Camp at Church. Please share this with someone you think you benefit from hearing about reading the Bible. Please share this video with anyone you think would benefit from it. It wasn’t the food or the workouts…it was your mindset. (Yells at our dog) Nooooo! Laugh and Learn Bible for Kids. We hope this inspires and encourages you to teach you kids about Jesus. Doodle devotion for kids. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. We can be purposeful about demonstrating our own faith for them, and lead them in reading, discussing, and memorizing the Bible, and praying, worshiping, and attending church together. My daughter would ask me how do I pray I do not know how? Disclosure: While all opinions are our own, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs, designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no additional cost to you. (Jumps out of her chair to look around the floor) Jesus! Imagine him. Start by reading Children’s Bible that is age appropriate for your child. I bring up Jesus every chance I get, for example, if my kids misbehave, I will tell them Jesus doesn’t like when you act this way. Or when we are outside I remind them that God created the earth, sky, and all the trees, and us human beings. I asked her how did she know that God made everything. The more we talk about Jesus the more questions and conversations we have and the more their faith grows. I grew up in a small village and in the evenings our city would power off all the electricity for a few hours to save money. Talk about Jesus. We are role models for our children, and if we live by being a good example they will want to be more like us, more Christ Like. P.S. Pray that God gives you the wisdom to raise Godly children, Show your children how the Bible relates to them. Most importantly make Jesus the center of your life, talk about Jesus in your everyday Conversations. Click here to learn more. Relate everyday events to Jesus and help your children … (Pretends to reach into her chest, then holds her hand out to show me) Look, here he is! So I started thinking to myself, How did my parents teach about God? Related activities can be found here. I share more resources inside His Strong Children along with the actual Bible studies and workouts I have done with … Kids need to KNOW Jesus. Kids Need to Know About Jesus. You don’t necessarily have to read the bible all the time, try reading other Christian Based Children’s Books(I have a few recommendations below. When we were driving home, my 5-year-old daughter at that time, told me “Mommy that camp was all about Jesus, huh?” Even she understood what the purpose was for this kids camp, yes it was filled with so many fun activities we planned for the kids, but the main purpose was to teach our kids about Jesus and Be the Light of the World. to Ensure They Never Doubt Their Faith. She said she knew because he made everything. How To Save Money When Buying Engagement Ring. It’s 7:30pm, the kids are in bed, and boy, I am tired. Having my own children I knew one day will be my turn to introduce them to Jesus and teach them all about Gods Love for us.