They never failed to entertain and after my re-watch of this one – late at night and under the influence of alcohol! Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Sadly, this results in a tepid jungle adventure with not much to offer. Der Film bietet sehr schöne Kulissen und Ausstattung, ist aber nicht allzu spannend, weil sehr vohersehbar. View production, box office, & company info. Tarzan and the Slave Girl is a 1950 film directed by Lee Sholem and starring Lex Barker as Tarzan, Vanessa Brown as Jane, and Robert Alda as big game hunter Neil. An expedition seeking to bring Jane back to civilization, and Tarzan into captivity, gets more than it's bargained for. Third, Johnny Weissmuller increased in size quite noticeably, so much that they had to do a new loincloth for him. He refuses, but Boy is tricked into doing the job. . With a title like Tarzan and the Amazons one would hope for some cool action between the two parties but I guess Tarzan putting the hurt on women wasn’t something movie audiences were ready to see at the time. Pero supongo que ya es adolescente y los adoslecentes se rebelan sin causa, o eso es lo que nos venden en esta película donde al fin salieron amazonas. – I can confirm that time has not diminished the pleasure of seeing such familiar elements of the series as Boy…. The queen of the women asks Tarzan to help them. I miss Maureen O'Sullivan. Third, Johnny Weissmuller increased in size quite noticeably, so much that they had to do a new loincloth for him. He refuses, but Boy is tricked into doing the job. Brenda Joyce plays Jane, in the first of her five appearances in the role, and Johnny Sheffield makes his sixth appearance as Boy. She is able to sound an alarm before she dies, and the invaders are all killed save Ballister and Anders, who escape with two pieces of treasure. He refuses, but Boy is tricked into doing the job. Looking for some great streaming picks? He is tricked into doing the job. Warum Boy hier in der deutschen Fassung auf einmal Bird oder Burt oder so ähnlich genannt wird, entzieht sich meinem Verständnis. A group of archaeologists asks Tarzan to help them find an ancient city in a hidden valley of women. They soon learn of a secret tribe of women (led by Maria Ouspenskaya) and ask Tarzan to take them to the ladies. 6,5/10. Me rompe el corazón que ya no utilizen el grito de Tarzán. Directors No, no, no. Brenda Joyce took over from Maureen O'Sullivan and she acquitted herself quite nicely. Henry Stephenson and Maria Ouspenskaya co-star. Report this film. Mobile site. 'Every time men bring guns, men bring trouble..' (Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan). It was released on April 29, 1945.[1]. Internet Service Terms Question: Just why are the Amazons in this film worshiping a male deity? It was really the only appropriate ending and not the one I was expecting. TMDb The explorers attempt to enlist Tarzan to lead them to Palmyria. Telling Boy to wait for him, Tarzan carries the woman through a mountain pass to the valley where her city of Palmyria is located. All rights reserved. Wouldn’t it be more appropriate for them to pray to the likes of Artemis or Athena and not Apollo? Cheeta warns Tarzan of Boy's impending doom. I was very pleased when Tarzan coldly looked on as the country-raping colonialists were slowly sucked down into the mud to their death. Brenda Joyce plays Jane, in the first of her five appearances in the role, and Johnny Sheffield makes his sixth appearance as Boy. Her ankle is sprained, so he carries her to Palmyria--but he won't let Boy accompany him. Not everyone in the expedition is there for its scientific value and some are simply in search of gold. The "Collection Name" is…, Cameron Gidari 1,369 films 102 12 Edit. The queen of the women asks Tarzan to help them. AKA: Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan and the Amazons. So i skipped over to Tarzan and the Amazons, and this is interesting in many ways. Tarzan intervenes and saves the girl. He is tricked into doing the job. 1945 Copyright © 2020 Tarzan and the Amazons Can Tarzan protect the vale's ultimate mystery? But there's no time for love because Jane came with some explorer guys and we know what that means: they or a part of their group are jerks and will cause trouble. Tarzan and Boy joyfully welcome Jane back to Africa from her stay in London. O'Sullivan appeared interested when producer Sol Lesser tried to lure her back for. Can the powerful King of the Jungle and his trusted companions--Cheeta, and Buli--save them? Warum Boy hier in der deutschen Fassung auf einmal Bird oder Burt oder so ähnlich genannt wird, entzieht sich meinem Verständnis. ‎Tarzan and the Amazons (1945) directed by Kurt Neumann • Reviews, film + cast • Letterboxd Offenbar konnte man diesmal nicht umhin, für Jane eine neue Darstellerung zu verpflichten. A group of archaeologists asks Tarzan to help them find an ancient city in a hidden valley of women. Good dose of adventure as you'd expect from the Johnny Weissmuller era of Edgar Rice Burroughs fabled character. She has been replaced by the amazingly mediocre Brenda Joyce who continues the negative trend of wearing too much clothing for a Jungle Woman. A trader and his daughter set off in search of the fabled graveyard of the elephants in deepest Africa, only to encounter a wild man raised by apes. The woman Tarzan saved from the panther takes pity and releases them. The plot involves a lost civilization in Africa, a strange illness, and an evil counselor manipulating a prince into … Certificate: Passed The first few Tarzan films without him or him as small boy are so much better. Not everyone in the expedition is there for its scientific value and some are simply in search of gold. Tarzan knows where the city is located but is a friend of the Amazons and refuses to share that with anyone. En la que Chita y Boy casi causan un genocidio. Tarzan intervenes and saves the girl. Tarzan and the Amazons (1945) is an adventure film starring Johnny Weissmuller in his ninth outing as Tarzan. Because the price of entrance into Palmyria is death--except for Tarzan, because he's…, After a two film absence and after a move to RKO studios, Jane is back! Johnny Weissmuller, Brenda Joyce, Johnny Sheffield. After they reunite with Jane, a group of explorers, led by Sir Guy Henderson, discover the bracelet Cheeta has, and its markings are matched to other relics supposedly from a lost city of Amazons. – I can confirm that time has not diminished the pleasure of seeing such familiar elements of the series as Boy…. I missed out on the World War II Tarzan's made in 1943 in which Tarzan battled evil Nazis due to a DVD malfunction. Sadly, this results in a tepid jungle adventure with not much to offer. The Weismuller Tarzan movies are extremely nostalgic for me as they were often shown in the mornings on BBC2 during the Christmas holiday period of my childhood when it was wonderful to just fall out of bed without a care in the world to lounge on the sofa and watch the antics of Tarzan, Jane (Maureen O’Sullivan or Brenda Joyce), Boy (Johnny Sheffield) and Cheeta. Directed by Kurt Neumann. First, there is a new Jane and she is blonde. 1945 ... Jane. Second there is a return of the old stories with safaris out to find gold or treasure. Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan. Still likable but pretty routine for this series. The rest was rather ordinary Tarzan stuff with a brand new Jane. Go Tarzan! As WWII rages on, a group of Nazi paratroopers land on the secret city of Palandria to exploit its wealth, and they start taking hostages. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Written by After a two film absence Jane returns! They never failed to entertain and after my re-watch of this one – late at night and under the influence of alcohol! But unfortunately she had a big makeover and comes back in the form of Brenda Joyce who hadn't done much before Tarzan and didn't do much after though she was able to play Jane a few more times with Weissmuller and in the first of the Lex Barker Tarzan series, Tarzan's Magic Fountain, in 1949. Film data from TMDb. En la que Chita y Boy casi causan un genocidio. Boy is recaptured and condemned to die. Instead it's a simple raft ride down the river from a trading post run by everyone's favorite scheming bastard... Barton MacLane! They soon learn of a secret tribe of women (led by Maria Ouspenskaya) and ask Tarzan to take them to the ladies. Unbeknownst to Tarzan, Boy shadows the two and learns of the secret passage into this all-female society. Escaped convicts are selling weapons to a warlike native tribe. Directed by Kurt Neumann. A group of archaeologists asks Tarzan to help them find an ancient city in a hidden valley of women. The Weismuller Tarzan movies are extremely nostalgic for me as they were often shown in the mornings on BBC2 during the Christmas holiday period of my childhood when it was wonderful to just fall out of bed without a care in the world to lounge on the sofa and watch the antics of Tarzan, Jane (Maureen O’Sullivan or Brenda Joyce), Boy (Johnny Sheffield) and Cheeta. 2 of 3 people found this review helpful. To escape from an arranged marriage to Aquatania's pagan god, a desperate maiden ends up in Tarzan's fishing net. Good dose of adventure as you'd expect from the Johnny Weissmuller era of Edgar Rice Burroughs fabled character. A group of archaeologists asks Tarzan to help them find an ancient city in a hidden valley of women.