That makes it very much like being one of the guys on "CSI," tracking down tiny clues and determining what's happening from things most people wouldn't even notice, or from temperature variations, wind patterns, tonal variations of the ground or grass, and other things we don't talk about. Info on Joining USAF. I was like ah they probably mean cyber security instead of cyber surety. United States Air Force Reddit r/ AirForce. It can be a difficult tech school for some, but based on your current AFSC you'll probably get the hang of it quickly. Can anyone tell me about being a paralegal in the Air Force? Using your research and critical thinking skills, as well as your writing and briefing abilities on both current and longer term intelligence studies, you will…, Root’s Marketing Analytics team is searching for an. Would you recommend it? Most of the combat commands have one, usually at its command headquarters. Thanks for that. The following is mandatory as indicated: For entry into this specialty, normal color vision as defined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examination and Standards. As a radar guy with numerous AF systems buddies it all depends where you work honestly. When I was scouring the internet for information when I applied I discovered this was not a lot of information out there about OTS, and especially about the 13S career field. So they generally don't fall under that circumstance... Long ass tech school but great opportunities with the training after the AF. You often get advanced information about thiings that about to happen because they always want an imagery analysis first. Apply to Analyst, Data Analyst, Investigations Analyst and more! Join to Connect. Most BMETs I know love the work. There is no sure way to do it. 1N191. That answer is going to fluctuate between both extremes depending on who you ask. United States Air Force. Yes there are covered positions in the reserve (and maybe Guard too) that are called Active Guard Reserve, commonly referred to as AGR. Federation Classification; Types of Reachback and Federated Support; Theater Air Force Organizations; Joint and National Organizations; Air Force CONUS Organizations After you complete OUST/EUST, you will return to your base and complete more specific system training there. Those guys are pretty good because they get more chance at long-term specialization. Is paralegal a retrain only AFSC, or can a first term airmen enlist and get this as their job before shipping for basic? I'd consider one-en-oh the next runner up, especially if you're attached to Special Forces (they like their intel to "share the experience" a little bit). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The Central Command Joint Intelligence Center (CENTJIC) is at Tampa Bay. How can you cross into a career without any open spots? The only sure way to become a space operator is to do Guard or Reserve. Mostly though you will do all the legal minutia that the lawyers just don't want to do. Other guys can tell you within hours when a country is going to run a nuclear test *and* tell you what the size of the bomb will be. Air Force Fusion Analyst at work. Also, experience performing functions such as imagery exploitation, mensuration, map and chart reading, reporting, and mosaic construction. OUST is just shy of three months long. That meant not just knowing what every military aircraft looked like no matter the viewpoint, but also knowing the characteristics of each military force *and* the individual activities ongoing at each military base. We have the lists of every target, every missile launched, every bomb load dropped, and we do the "scoring" to figure out where every bomb struck. The initial tech school is called Officer Undergraduate Space Training (OUST) and Enlisted Undergraduate Space Training (EUST). Learn about great opportunities for enlisted airmen, officers and health care professionals. We all work closely with other intelligence "disciplines," such as SIGINT and ELINT. In the past, operators would return to Vandenberg AFB, CA after every assignment to train on their new system. 1,668 Targeting Analyst jobs available on Indeed.com. It just depends. As I do more research I may end up switching to direct email with questions. Indeed may be compensated by these employers, helping keep Indeed free for jobseekers. On the plus side they win all the wing awards, so there is always that. Air Force 101. It works a little differently in the Guard. The precise identification, analysis, prioritization and selection of military targets is the role of Target Analysts, who utilize a systems database analysis approach to optimizing mission success. Modern military operations are often controlled from high-tech information centers quite distant from actual areas of conflict. Join. Any information would be much appreciated. When they talk about places in Iraq or Afghanistan (or anywhere else, just about), I can still see them in my mind. The Joint Intelligence Center-Pacific (JICPAC) is in Pearl Harbor and obviously has a Naval flavor (this is also considered an "overseas" assignment). Constructs queries and retrieves historical files to conduct comparative analysis. was a USAF imagery analyst for 26 years and loved every minute of it. The competition is to find something new first, or if you don't find it first, do a better job of figuring exactly what it is and what it means. 22 Jul 2019 New AFSC training at Goodfellow Geospatial Intelligence, eyes in the sky. Experience. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. I was just notified that i ship out to basic October 6th for Targeting Analyst. I've asked some paralegals at my base for their opinions but I like to draw information from multiple sources. All those places do "strategic" analysis, which means most of the work is either supporting the main database or your command's immediate needs. There was a time when the imagery analysts at CIA made a prediction that a female SSgt who worked for me was able to refute because she had done her homework better--even the admiral we worked for (Admiral Jacoby, who's now director of the Defense Intelligence Agency) enjoyed sticking that one to the CIA. Guys specialing in naval forces can often identify *individual* naval vessels of different countries because of some unique repair or fitment that's been made on that one ship. After basic techniques, you have to learn the details about whatever particular area you're working, how to use new technical devices and sensors, and you're always, always, always learning new ways to see through new attempts to deceive you. You can get a spoiler alert on tech school by looking at the 5J0X1 CFETP and seeing what the 3-level tasks are. Some of our most critical intelligence comes from keen eyes spotting minuscule details in aerial imagery. During wartime, the job of the 1n1 is to do targeting and BDA (bomb damage assessment). If it was missed, we look for what *did* get hit. Every tech school is easy if you study, and as short as this tech school is, that's not asking much. You'll do the administrative work of making the trains run on time. I never see us win practically any awards where I've been. Thank you, very helpful. It's pretty frustrating, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Official Description. Deployments are very rare. As a traditional reservist (TR) you can apply for an active commission through a recruiter. if you want a specific job it is very much all about timing and luck. Welcome to the United States Air Force. Most USAF imagery analysts will be in the big Joint Intelligence Centers.