serving of regular sweetened condensed milk contains almost 2 g of fat, according to the USDA. Privacy Policy Sorry about that. I do the yogurt in the instant pot, cold method. Her expertise includes mentoring, serving at-risk students and corporate training. :). Is there a non Dairy alternative ? It will help you understand this lifestyle much better than I can explain! Thanks for your comment! Clean & Healthy Sweetened Condensed Milk With Coconut Oil. The American Heart Association recommends women limit their intake of added sugar to no more than 6 teaspoons, or 25 grams, a day, and that men limit their intake to 9 teaspoons, or 36 grams, a day. You add the sweetener with the half & half and coconut oil in the beginning. You could most certainly use this sweet stuff for your coffee too! This sweetened condensed milk will solidify as it cools. Works fine. Have you ever made it with just a couple donks of stevia? She graduated with honors from New York University and completed her clinical internship at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. A 1 tablespoon serving of regular sweetened condensed milk contains almost 2 grams of fat, according to the USDA's National Nutrient Database. I've thought about finding a substitute for sweetened condensed milk. Just slightly. Did I miss something? I want to make this very soon! Thank You, That's so neat! Can I Use Low Carb Sweetened Condensed Milk In My Coffee? You are a genius!!! It has less junk in it than whipping cream so I would rather use it, but wouldn't that be too much sugar in the half and half? I actually thought of using it today, but I just made the original. diagnosis or treatment. I would use the powdered version so you end up with a smooth texture! Microwave it and nop when bad. I let my 4 year old lick the spoon after giving it a stir…he jumped up and down with excitement because it was something sweet! This would be amazing, do you think it would work? You could try liquid and let me know how it works. It’s creamy, smooth and is the perfect sweetness for your desserts and candies. Condensed milk also contains 36 mg of potassium, 5 mg of magnesium, 56 IU vitamin A and trace amounts of other vitamins and minerals. Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose. Looks delicious! I use erythritol as my sweetener of choice, but feel free to use xylitol or Gentle Sweet . of Agave when ready to eat. If you try it, let me know how it is! I remember it tasting good, but it may have taken longer to condense. Our experience in private label is long running, working with major international groups and with presence in dozens of countries. In this recipe in the Notes at the bottom you say that the sweetener just needs to equal 1/2 sugar...did you mean 1/2 cup sugar?? You reap such wonderful benefits from using coconut oil. Hi was wondering about 2 things: would it work if I use swerve confectioners sweetener (powdered sweetener) or is a granular one preferred? :), Hey I love this recipe however I dont have an instant pot I cooked it on the stove and it doesn't look at thick but does tast amazing any suggestions?? Yes, it's just as creamy and delicious as the canned stuff...even better! Get full nutrition facts and other common serving sizes of Sweetened Condensed Milk including 1 fl oz and 100 ml. Stir and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Condensed milk also contains 71 milligrams of potassium, 5 milligrams of magnesium, 51 international units of vitamin A and trace amounts of other vitamins and minerals. :), Rachel, There are 130 calories in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk. Do you turn the heat down when it starts to boil? A GMO is a plant, animal, microorganism or other organism whose genetic makeup has been modified using recombinant DNA methods, gene modification or transgenic technology. I made this and when I wanted to eat it it was hard. Mixture will boil alot, but just keep stirring. Not seeing that on the directions. Or would it end up just making dulce de leche? The sugar naturally occurs in the dairy. But stovetop has been working wonderful for me recently. Not surprisingly, one of the primary nutrients in condensed milk is calcium - 54 mg per tablespoon. People who are dieting should either avoid sweetened condensed milk or consume it very judiciously. The key to enjoying condensed milk as a part of a healthy diet is consuming small, measured portions. I just took it off my blog recently because it was taking just as long if not a bit longer than the stovetop way. I appreciate that. When do you add the sweetener? Thanks. There’s really no limit on what you can do with sweetened condensed milk, right? Using unrefined may add a bit of a coconut taste. Read more: How to Pressure Cook Sweetened Condensed Milk. Condensed milk is high in calories for the reason that its name implies — it's a dense mixture of milk solids and sugar. After all, it is used as an ingredient in some very rich desserts. Condensed milk can also be cooked for a lengthy period of time and allowed to caramelize. I'll experiment with the IP again and probably have instructions for it in the future. I would appreciate your support for my family and the up keeping of my blog! It's amazing how good this is with coconut oil and not butter! DELICIOUS. It's much easier and faster for me to make it on stovetop. Sweetened Condensed Milk is cow's milk from which water has been removed, with sugar added. Condensed milk is a better choice than cream, however, which contains 5.5 g of fat per tablespoon. Apr 2, 2019 - Homemade Sweetened Condensed Almond Milk, 5 calories per tablespoon Terms of Use Creamy and rich, this clean & healthy sweetened condensed milk will replace the bad stuff in all of your sweets and treats recipes! There are 321 calories in 100 grams of Sweetened Condensed Milk. What do I do? The solid will help keep a good texture if making cookies or fudge. In my recipe I uses half & half so the calories wouldn't be as high as those recipes that use heavy cream. 2020 Stir often until this mixture reduces to about half and is thicker in consistency. Swerve would be fine. According to the ingredient list on a typical can of sweetened condensed milk, the only two ingredients are milk and sugar. Your support is always appreciated! Hope it works for you! Ummm…let’s just say that you could eat this clean & healthy sweetened condensed milk with a spoon! It's not supposed to get super thick. I'm not seeing instruction for cooking in the instant pot. advertisements are served by third party advertising companies. I like to use an extra big saucepan so it doesn't boil over. There are so many great ways to use coconut oil…in recipes, oil pulling, skin care and so on. It's easy to eat a significant amount of saturated fat when you consume sweetened condensed milk if you don't carefully watch portions. It will be more liquidy after cooking. It's likely no surprise that sweetened condensed milk is dense in calories. Can’t wait to try it! This article reviews the nutritional value of sweetened condensed milk… Made from milk and sugar, sweetened condensed milk adds creaminess and sweetness to some of your favorite desserts. The key to enjoying Sweetened Condensed Milk as a part of a healthy diet is consuming small, measured portions. by Rachel | Nov 14, 2016 | Blog, Desserts | 60 comments. Let me know if you try it. Love the idea of using half and half to cut calories! Because it is so beneficial to our bodies, you should always be looking for ways to get it in. Have you ever used this in cold start yogurt? I’m going to have to try it. I started making my own yogurt so I can control the sugars. You'd need to walk 16 minutes to burn 58 calories. Instead of using heavy cream, you can use full fat half & half. If it's combined with acidic ingredients, such as lemon juice, it will thicken on its own — without being cooked or chilled. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Gluten causes health problems for those with gluten-related disorders, Most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe, Vegans eliminate the use of animal products, particularly in their diet. Doing some figures, it just so happens that you are getting WAY less calories by using half & half instead of heavy cream. any of the products or services that are advertised on the web site. This looks amazing! You can make this ahead of time if you wish as well as double the batch. This super-sweet treat also contains protein, although not very much, with 1 tablespoon containing about 1.5 grams. I've used almond milk instead of half & half, but it's been a while. Condensed milk is a better choice than cream, however, which contains 5.5 g of fat per tablespoon. After all, it's used as an ingredient in some very rich desserts. , If you try this clean & healthy sweetened condensed milk and enjoy it, share the love! By adding coconut oil to sweetened condensed milk, you’re getting the benefits of this amazing oil…all while enjoying a sweet treat! You can buy low-fat and fat-free versions of sweetened condensed milk if you're watching your fat intake. Sweetened condensed milk is a decadent treat, as it contains 62 calories for a mere tablespoon. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. Is high in calories as it contains 62 calories for a mere tablespoon. A tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk contains over 10 g of carbohydrates, all of which are sugars. Holding a master's degree in curriculum and Instruction, she has written training materials for three school districts. This recipe makes  approximately 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Add half & half, sweetener and coconut oil to saucepan. Its sugar free, low fat and only 5 calories per tablespoon! The caramel, also known as dulce de leche in many regions of the United States and Mexico, is used as a topping for ice cream and incorporated into other desserts. Yes you can absolutely use powdered sweetener! Can you use liquid coconut oil or have to use the solid?