Spoon about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of the filling in the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place it, seam side down, in the baking dish. REALLY good. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, warm the oil in a medium skillet or saucepan and add the onions, garlic, and chile. Whichever is easiest. All of our taco party guests were pleasantly surprised by the addition of this dip, and a few used it as their taco filling, too! organic sweet potatoes (~260 g), cubed, skin on (or peeled if desired). Check out this tutorial! You are my fave! Give it a quick sauté then add in the stock. It’s super filling. & Super delicious. Thanks so much for the lovely review! It was so great to have such a fresh, easy to make meal 3 days into a camping trip!! I thought it tasted pretty good – although a tad on the sweet side for my taste. Without the garlic I really have the feeling I miss something. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. This is amazing.” SO delicious and So simple to make! Tasty and fresh dish! My meat eating and plant-based friends alike loved it! Wow- love that! Made this with regular Yukon Gold potatoes since that is what I had on hand. Served it with blue corn chips at a family event and everyone really enjoyed it. Add sweet potatoes, oil, salt, cumin, and chili powder and toss to coat. Luckily we made too much, so we get it for leftovers. My son made this for our July 4th get together. 260 grams is for 2 sweet potatoes, but we are glad you enjoy it with more. Amount Per Serving (1 bowl (no avocado crema)). We’re so glad you enjoyed it, Jen! For me that’s the icing on the cake. If using pure chili powder, it will be spicier! Because it’s avocado based we do recommend making it fresh or at least day of! Add black beans to a mixing bowl and mash half of them for texture. Thanks so much for sharing! This is my new favorite dip next to guacamole! Thank you! Made this yesterday for a super bowl party. Great with an egg on top for breakfast. Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a large mixing bowl and mix in the cooked onions and spices. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? As a die-hard non vegetarian I never imagined I’d say this (and i still wont admit to it in real life) but the sweet potato black bean dip was truly exotic. Thanks Dana! Total Carbohydrate Might be the brand of chili powder. To a medium mixing bowl, add black beans, salt, cumin, and chili powder and toss to combine. Just made this for my family and it was absolutely delicious. Stir in corn and black beans … Maybe in a food processor? Amazing recipe. We are so glad you enjoyed it! I opted to not mash the avocado in to make a sauce as I wanted to have this to eat for lunches during the week. However looks amazing and will definitely try. Cover and cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender, about 7 minutes. After making it once at home, I decided to add it to the menu for a 5-day backcountry camping trip. We love it as a dip and as taco filling. Just made this for the third time in less than a month, this time for a pot-luck. Another amazing recipe from Minimalist Baker! Of course, the freshest the ingredients before serving the better! Talk about bowl goals. They are missing out. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Danesh. Use ctrl+f or ⌘+f on your computer or the "find on page" function on your phone browser to search existing comments! Set aside. This sweet potato black bean dip is so insanely delicious! The dip was gone in minutes! Took this to a Super Bowl party, and it was a hit! It’s one of those dishes you likely always have the ingredients on hand for, making it a great appetizer or side, especially alongside other Mexican-inspired dishes. This sweet potato black bean soup recipe is the ultimate cozy soup for the cold season! When making the crema, omit the sour cream if you’re vegan or watching calories, and just add in water—you will still end up with a creamy avocado crema! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Thanks for the delicious recipe! We’re so glad you enjoyed it, Lauren! You truly have a gift. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes (covering allows the sweet potato to steam and cook faster). In a food processor, combine the black beans, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and cooked sweet potatoes and puree until smooth (or mash the ingredients in a large bowl by hand). We use a chili powder blend. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Does it change the colour ? Cheers, friends! All images and content are copyright protected. This is soooo amazing!! Let us know if you give it a try! I don’t love sweet potato, but it definitely worked here! Love this recipe and can’t wait to make it again with sweet potatoes next time! Take off of heat and set aside. I added a bit of extra corn for crunchiness and seasoned with lots of salt and pepper! So glad you enjoyed it, Lindsay! It wasn’t a popular dish and didn’t get eaten by the guests at the party so I’ll enjoy it all week for lunch (lucky me!). Add black beans, remaining cumin, and lime juice. xo. Thanks for the recipe!! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, though best when fresh. So glad you enjoy it, Laura! Happy dinner indeed! I eat it as is with some green veg without tortilla chips but I do sometimes make coconutwraps and that’s really a match made in heaven; coconutwraps filled with the southwest Blackbean dip. Who doesn’t love a good dip?! https://www.marthastewart.com/1544027/black-bean-and-sweet-potato-stew Perfect for those with food allergies/vegans (I was catering to both at the party as well as the meat eaters in attendance). Thanks so much for sharing, Kaley! I love the videos, the photography, the food, the presentation, the general style of everything. xo. This dip would make the perfect snack, side, or appetizer alongside other Mexican-inspired dishes. Thanks! Loaded with wholesome, everyday ingredients, this 30-minute Southwest Sweet Potato Black Bean Dip can be enjoyed as an appetizer or side dish on Mexican night. Versatile Combine avocado, crema, cilantro, garlic, salt, and lime juice in a blender. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired, adding more lime for acidity, maple syrup to sweeten, or salt to taste. Add in half of the diced sweet potatoes, beans, oats and spice. You can also, Radicchio Salad with Cashew Ricotta Dressing, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction. I wanted to make sure I could taste the spicy jalapeños! Mashed avocado too gets funky for my taste while being stored. What about the corn? I made it exactly to the recipe, so no subs or mods. For the guacamole sauce I sometimes omit the agave since I want to eat sugarfree but I have to admit this little touch of sweetness really complements the tastes. You made going vegan so easy and wonderful. Thanks, Christine! I would make the sauce right before putting it out. Then add cilantro, onion, corn, and roasted sweet potatoes to the sauce and toss to combine. So good! https://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-potato-and-black-bean-burrito-43473 While the potatoes are roasting, season your black beans, chop cilantro and onion, and make your avocado sauce. That is a plus!! I am a long time follower, first time commenter. Definitely will make again soon. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you try this recipe, let us know! xo. Do you think using already baked potatoes (made some extra potatoes as a meal prep) and just tossing them in the spices would be okay? It’s super helpful for us and other readers. Stir in garlic, jalapeno, cumin and salt; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. All images and content are copyright protected. xo, For a change could you blend this dish Unblended it seems more a salsa or even a salad. Then add sweet potato and lightly mash, then 1 cup rice (amount as original recipe is written // if altering batch size, start with lesser end … Tons of flavor and also pleasing to look at! Will definitely be making this as a lunch dish for work. This is so so delicious! I look forward to making new meals all the time. Serve sweet potato … One question: how does the avocado dressing “ behave” for a make ahead potluck dish? It’s super helpful to us and other readers! Serve the burritos on a bed of rice, if you like, with plenty of salsa. This dish is so delicious and easy to make! I made it this past summer for my brother’s rehearsal dinner and got so many comments about how good it was. Looks so good! What’s not to love? Thanks so much for the lovely review. We roasted the sweet potato on the campfire. Blend until smooth. I made it as diner instead of as a dip, and added some steamed kale. Add the black beans to the skillet and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the black beans are fully heated through. Need help? Nice! Also my body doesn’t handle raw onions so instead I put them together with the sweet potato in the oven, AND I add garlic. Your email address will not be published. Thanks so much for the lovely review! Thank for an amazing recipe. Thank you!! Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Next time would you mind leaving a rating with your review? I wouldn’t necessarily call it quick for a dip though. This was SO great!! This recipe was an excellent excuse to try out my instantpot on cooking dry beans :-). Do you recommend me heating up the potatoes before mixing it with the sauce and other items? Thank you for another wonderful go-to. I really LOOOVVEEE this dish, it’s one of my staples. I have a friend *cough cough* who is a vegetarian and this just might be my go-to recipe. Topped with a luscious avocado crema that brightens up your palate and tiny cubes of roasted sweet … I made this exactly to the recipe specs and it turned out perfect. It was a hit! I love the combination of black beans and sweet potatoes. No surprise that you’re still creating tons of vegan recipes. I’d say this is great warm or room temperature! Or do you recommend baking fresh ones with the spices? 520 g of sweet potatoes and like it that way. Love that you can easily tweak it to your own preferences. We are so glad you enjoyed it! I used everything the recipe called for except maple syrup. Comforting You will not be subscribed to our newsletter list. Add water and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. If you want to republish any of my recipes, please link back to my website and the recipe post. I paired it with a home made pineapple cooler and think it could find a place in my staple diet. It's also a great addition to burrito bowls, tacos, nachos, and more! They are amazing! and 5-Ingredient Vegan Chipotle Aioli. Hmm, we’ve never tried that! Very delicious. Our FREE 49-Page Fan Favorites e-Book has 20 recipes we think you’ll LOVE! I added red bell pepper to make the dish a little more colorful. Hi Marcela! This was good and quite filling. Aww, thanks so much for your kind words and lovely review! I added smoked paprika because I’m obsessed with that spice right now. Thanks so much for the lovely review! Quick & easy Add the kale and black beans … Try out our Go-To Guacamole, Easy Red Salsa, Chipotle Red Salsa, Garlicky Guacamole, Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Dip, and Raspberry Chipotle Black Bean Dip!