I told you grits can be sweet or savory. If you're on the other side of the fence then check out this recipe! Not too shabby, eh? We recommend making more grits than you need for breakfast, then transfer the extra to a lightly-oiled loaf pan. All opinions are mine alone. https://www.food.com/recipe/creamy-sweet-breakfast-grits-67734 You can find Craisins® Dried Cranberries at many different retailers. https://www.wideopeneats.com/10-grits-recipes-keep-rotation Now where do you stand on the grits debate? Make and share this Creamy Sweet Breakfast Grits recipe from Food.com. © 2020 All Rights Reserved | A Hoffman Media Publication. Look no further. It's what I start to cr Baked Grits Wedges Pork. When set, slice the grits and pan-fry the slices in a bit of butter until golden brown. Hot take: Grits make the best breakfast, especially in the summer. Once the mixture has reached boiling, lower the heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. white pepper, chicken broth, salt, butter, grits, Parmesan cheese and 1 more . I also like them with brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Dairy. Feel free to top your Sweet Southern Grits with additional Craisins® Dried Cranberries and 1-2 Tbsp of your favorite granola, for a little added crunch. Feel free to top your Sweet Southern Grits with additional Craisins® Dried Cranberries and 1-2 Tbsp of your favorite granola, for a little added crunch. Well, today I am here to tell you that you can make a healthy version of your favorite breakfast food and  have it be just as delicious. Grits, while simple, can be done well without a lot of skill, but they can also be done not so well (avoid instant grits at all costs!). ***Fair warning…This recipe may bother some of my fellow southerners. Make the grits savory by taking out the sweeteners and berries and substituting milk for chicken broth, you can also add cheese, bacon, eggs, and other breakfast foods. Grits don’t always have to be savory; think of this lightly sweetened version as you would a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat, and it’s sure to make all your breakfast dreams come true. Baking & Spices. Stir in honey until apples are coated. Home » Sweet, Creamy Breakfast Grits – A Southern staple! My recipe for Sweet Southern Grits creates the perfect combination of flavors. Sometimes guests like to have a dish of grits garnished with something sweet, then go for a heftier serving with eggs and cheese. Posted on Sep 13, 2020 Categories Uncategorized. A little off the wall, but I know you're still tempted to try them. • Privacy Policy. Remember that soufflés take patience and care so don't rush or make a lot of noise. Get your roux-making skills together for this Louisiana classic! But I sincerely hope your day is going well!