Place the balls into a lightly greased desired cake tins. Or maybe I can fill it with meat? If it is less than 90 degrees Celsius, your bread will not be cooked and it is likely that when you take out the thermometer, there will be some wet dough stick with your thermometer. They were delicious, and didn’t go to waste, but they weren’t what I was after. It is still soft and i put it in the air tight container. No matter how I did it, the crumb would … Nice review and tutorial. Proof the active dry yeast in 1 cup water, and combine with tangzhong and flour, kneading until it just forms into a ball. I have also upload recipe 2 which is a simplified recipe and taste will not be compromised. I have prepared this using a stand mixer as I do not have a bread machine. I presumed you take dairy products. One of the breads that I could never make quite right is Hokkaido Milk Bread–a sweet, buttery white bread that’s a staple at most Asian bakeries. However, if you have a bread machine, just use the dough function and to knead the dough.. Egg wash – Crack one egg yolk and mixed with 3 teaspoons of water and 2 drops of oil, slightly beat and sift into a small container, use a brush to brush on top of the surface. Transfer to a loaf pan and allow to rise for another half hour. I tried all sorts of things, failed bread after failed bread. I am so excited! Shop for Milk Toast Bread Ads Immediately . The cows in Hokkaido are able to produce higher quality milk because of the greenery, fresh air, spacious land and better living conditions. Cover with wet towel of clingy wrap and let it proof until it double in size. Price History Highest at $2.70. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake bread for about 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. The joy when we can find Hokkaido Fresh Milk readily at the supermarkets in Singapore, and there is no need to travel to Japan to rekindle that taste. Can i replace milk powder with fresh milk? Enriched White Bread 600g. Much have been said about the Hokkaido Bread about its softness and bloggers have been blogging and “promoting” this bread for its softness and tastiness. SUNSHINE Hi Fibre Low Sugar White Bread 400g. If it is a hollow sound, your loaf is cooked, otherwise, the loaf is uncooked. Look! I had been making bread by hand at home, and this was a welcome change. I decided to call it a day and just get on with the rest of the process. Please follow the above for the preparation of bread dough. Some even claimed to use the milk imported from Hokkaido to achieve that effect of softness. After the first proofing, shape the dough into a long rectangular shape following the shape of the loaf tin. You can also do this in the oven, but you’ll need to do the kneading to incorporate the other ingredients. I dumped it in my 120 ml evaporated milk to cool down faster. From my search, I found the Fluffy Asian Milk Bread (Hokkaido Milk Bread) recipe from Pai’s Kitchen. Ooooh! Yum! (Muscovy Behavior). Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. The taste of course will be slightly more aromatic than traditional bread with some creamy milky flavour. However, my dough remains sticky no matter what I did and how long I kneaded with the machine. This should be about 30-45 minutes depending on the day’s temperature. Btw, just to double confirm, the cream n milk r in gram or ml?? And if you analyse the ingredients closely, there were not much difference with the ingredients except the substitution of water with milk and butter or cooking oil with cream. Anyway, I got tired of the kneading and the windowpane and poke tests were pretty much showing it’s okay. Thanks for all you recipe sharing! SUNSHINE Soft White Bread 400g. If you wish, you can use the loaf tin and follow the different set of instructions detailed towards the end of the recipe. Then, I added 56 grams of butter a little at a time until the dough absorbed it all. Hi Kenneth, would like to ask if I want to using tangzhong to make this hokkado bun, may I know whats the recipe if want use tangzhong. Since I can’t find a recipe for this bread, I have decided to replicate this bread today based on this recipe. Her recipe starts out with making the tangzhong, also called as roux. I never homemade whipping cream. I mixed the flour in the milk until dissolved. Since I have always underutilize my chiffon cake tin, I therefor decided to use the tin for proofing and baking the bread. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Maybe a custard bun? I covered it with a tea towel, as instructed by Pai, for 20 minutes. 1 lb. I tried different ratios of things, wondering if it was an the salt killing the yeast or if the milk needs to be heated, less butter, more butter, I scoured the internet for the recipes trying to figure out exactly what I was doing differently than all those blogs with beautiful, pull apart bread. Once it has risen to about twice the size, punch down and knead for another 5 minutes. Hence, it looks bigger than those on the left. Sold out: Show less . Its a good recipe to keep. Learn how your comment data is processed. will giv it a try later today . Knead for one minute and divide equally according to your desired ball size. The preparation do not differ much from the baking of other buns. The preparation do not differ much from the baking of other buns. Hokkaido Fresh Milk now available in Singapore in 1-litre packs. Get 50% OFF your first order with Trade at http://bit.ly/tradeemmymade and use my code ‘emmy’. Hi Kenneth Cover with damp cloth or cling wrap (to prevent moisture loss).Leave it to proof until almost double in size. The 400g dough I made it into smaller buns of 50g thinking I can get nice number…lol…but the buns came out a bit hard and dry even though I adjusted the temp to 180° and 170° subsequently. ( Log Out /  Increase the size of dough or lower the oven temp further? Should have put all the dough in cause the first time it rise too much but this time it didn’t fill the pan. Upload of new picture and a video on shaping these soft buns. Put in all dry ingredients together in a stand mixer whisking bowl, make a well and add in the wet ingredients. Free shipping and returns on "Milk Toast Bread Online Wholesale" for you purchase it today !.Find more Good Sale and More Promotion for Milk Toast Bread Reviews This is certainly Milk Toast Bread Sale Brand New for the favorite.Here you will find reasonable product details. A quick question on storing dough. S$ 2.70. But if you want to use tangzhong, you can refer to this post: http://wp.me/p3u8jH-vg. Please scroll down towards the end for an update post with the inclusion of Hokkaido Dome. As good as that bread was, it was the type that you finish within the day you baked it. Yes, the bread indeed is softer than traditional bun. After first proofing, shape the dough into a ball and place it in a baking tray or baking tin. Same ingredients and method. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Just substitute with 50 grams of milk.. Other recipes, they half the volume and succeed. If not, continue below. One more option for your online shopping. I have been itching to make bread again after the success of my attempt at making wheat bread using the turbo, no-knead method. It went really well with butter. The first time I made this it was successful but the second time, the texture of the bread was rough and hard and the dough still sticks to the side of the bowl although it doesn’t break when you pull it apart. Pipe the toppings on top of the proofed dough and baked in the oven for 25-30 minutes or when a skewer inserted comes out clean. Yes. It is a big mass of bread top with some soft cookies dough like the Mexican coffee buns. Therefore, effectively, the softness come from the usage of  more liquids and fats. During the 2nd proofing or when its about to go into the oven? This loaf is moist and soft and if you are preparing some bread for yourself, you should try preparing this much talk about recipe. But, my tangzhong still turned out okay. I like that Pai’s recipe used milk since I think that will help enhance the flavor. Kneading should be done until it pulls from the bowl. Well, since it can be eaten as a plain bun, spread with butters and jams will definitely bring you to another level of enjoyment. If you find that the top starts to turn brownish, you can lower the temperature by 10 degree Celsius. For me, I am just doubtful about some of the claims and wanted to testify about the highly talk about characteristics of this bread. Hoosier Hill Farm All American Dairy Whole Milk powder in a resealable Jar; Whole milk powder is great for use in confections, baked goods, or as a nutrient supplement; Also great for use as an ingredient in dry blends or reconstituted for use as liquid milk; Directions: 4.5 cups powder plus 3.75 quarts water Makes 1 gallon liquid milk. GARDENIA. You May Also Like . I added one egg to the milk and tangzhong mixture after it has cooled to prevent the egg from scrambling. Place the dough at the lowest rack during baking. I used my hand mixer with dough hook attachments to mix the dough until there’s not much dry flour left. Previously, there are readers who asked me if there is any thing wrong with the water ratio. I made the mistake to separate the dough into 800g and 400g as I didn’t want to overfill the pullman bread pan(13″ x 4″ × 4″) like my first loaf(1.6kg) but this was a mistake. https://healthylittlecravings.com/en/2019/03/01/soft-hokkaido-milk-bread-recipe In this case, continue baking until when you inserted again the oven thermometer, the thermometer shows at least 90 degrees Celsius. I just to try one as soon as it cooled a little bit so I would not burn my hands. I had been making bread by hand at home, and this was a welcome change. In the flat surface dusted with normal or bread flour, take out the dough from the mixing bowl and slightly knead it using hand for 1-2 minutes and shape it into a ball.Lightly oil you mixing bowl and place the ball in the bowl. Sunshine Bread - Hokkaido Milk Toast. Baked in the pre-heat oven of 200 degree Celsius for 30-45 minutes.