While mixing oils isn't always recommended, it can allow for several benefits. You should be okay mixing olive and vegetable oil as long as the olive oil has a high enough smoke point to perform your necessary duties. Since deep fryers have a max heating temperature of 375° F, it's definitely better to have oil with at least a 400° F smoking point. Sunflower oil is a very unstable one. One off won't harm you even if they say it's bad for you. However, lets say you have coconut oil, which is considered to offer a slightly sweet taste, being mixed with a slightly bitter oil. Yes. 36% pufa and 46% mufa. Years ago used to use sunflower oil for deep frying and didn't notice any ill effects (but wasn't health conscious then). Sunflower oil should be avoided by the people with sunflower seed allergies on the other hand People who are allergic to soy should avoid vegetable oil. Well, what happens when you try and mix sweet and bitter? It's already a mixed breed. We lower fried chickeninto oil that’s about 350°, which leaves a nice cushion between the oil and its smoke point. It's better than sunflower or vegetable oil because it has greater stability and safety when exposed to heat. Olive oil is also my preferred choice too. Each oil also has different levels of omega 3 and omega 6. Can you mix Peanut Oil with Canola Oil? Each oil have widely different amounts of saturated and unsaturated fats. I deep-fried for the first time with sunflower oil, i’ve read that this might be bad for your Health when it hits 180°C, I’m quite a hypochondriac so this was the first and last time I deep-fried with this oil. Deep-frying makes the turkey crispy on the outside and super juicy on the inside (even the white meat). Most people don't always consider everything that they should when mixing oils. That being said, its common to see people mixing different vegetable oils, such as canola, sunflower, corn, safflower, and ect. canola oil (also called rapeseed oil) cottonseed oil. Some recommended products may use affiliate links. Since Canola oil comes from rapeseed or a canola plant, it doesn't sound crazy to mix the two at all. Canola oil is better suited to medium-high temperature cooking like stir-fries and baking. As we've previously mentioned, vegetable oil already contains many different types of oils. There are possibilities of added health benefits when mixing oils for cooking or deep frying. Bad for frying. Personally I use extra virgin olive oil for everything and have never had any problems with pan frying (even in the days I used to eat chips!).