The goal is to recover. You should be able to identify the purpose of every run. but i’ve also found myself, sub 5 minute mile training plan, 6 minute mile training plan, 6 minute mile training plan, 4 minute mile training plan, 1 mile training plan advanced. Pushing yourself that quickly could result in a serious injury. However, if you respond well to training, maybe you could run 4:10 in 3 years. From easy to hard, these 3 training plans will get you running a mile faster in 4 weeks. 0000002930 00000 n Many runners will never put in enough work to run a sub 5 minute mile, but not you. “a 5k might seem long to some and a marathon too much of an endeavor, whereas knowing that there is a local mile race coming up can be just the motivator.” don’t fear the mile. Should I run up the mountains (rocky mountains are 5 mins away from me)? So I need to also build up some endurance- to keep a fast pace for 6 miles. So it appears that you were able to run longer on a high carb diet correct? Running track for athletics and competition in the morning. That's really high and you'll probably need to have won the "genetic lottery" to get that. alternate between 5k pace and recovery pace for 32 minutes of fartlek madness. Go long, go hard, go hilly. Although this is still really, really fast, I'd argue that larger number of people would be able to achieve this with more training. 0000010422 00000 n 219 0 obj <> endobj xref 219 18 0000000016 00000 n How should I train the next couple months? When you search for the 5 minute mile training plan pdf, you may look for related areas such as sub 5 minute mile training plan, 6 minute mile training plan, 4 minute mile training plan, 1 mile training plan advanced, 5 minute mile splits, 7 minute mile training plan, 6 to 5 minute mile, 1 mile training plan for beginners. Don't go fast. Here is my progression so far to give you an indication: 8th: 5:17, a little training but not a lot. I'd guess improvement for you, if you stay VERY DEDICATED to training and gradually ramping up mileage/intensity, you could improve like this year by year: 5:00-5:20ish, a very, very strong improvement. Dude, I hate to break the news but you're not going to run 4:10 or 30 for 10k in 2019. I'm not trying to be negative or elitist, I'm saving you from the snarky laughter of the college guys you're with when you say you're trying to go 4:10 from a 6:36 PR. Luckily at the end of a mile, it is only a few short minutes of pain versus miles of pain if one hits the wall in a marathon.” The twice-weekly workouts in our one-mile training blueprint represent a balanced mix of strength (hills), stamina (tempo runs) and speed (intervals) aimed at preparing you to run your best mile. By Ben Hobson. Day 3: Interval training(30/30): For your race distance, run 30secs on then 30 secs off. And again. 0000004540 00000 n But just cause you can't run at an elite level doesn't mean you shouldn't run at all. Stick to this schedule and it will only take you 4 weeks to run your fastest mile ever! Don't go all out in workouts until track starts so you don't peak early. Holy crap, i'm a freshman in HS and my mile PR is 6:17. My V02 max was 64 mL/kg/min and vV02max was 20.5 km/h (4:43min/mi pace). Wait to try to walk on until the spring or (ideally) sophomore fall.