Drizzle the lemon glaze over the cooled scones and enjoy. But really, I would rather have a tall fluffy scone then a thinner crispy scone. The vanilla glaze takes them over the top! I give my scones a little bit of space, but not too much. Then…, We moved to a new house. Since scones are my favorite thing to bake, that’s the direction I took. (All the packing, ugh.). Sign me up! There’s nothing that says summer to me quite like fresh strawberries. I'm the face behind this imperfect, but tasty corner of the internet where I share recipes true to my rural Midwestern roots. Stir the strawberries and lemon zest into the flour. There are times when I’ve had to add a couple tablespoons of flour to compensate for extra juicy strawberries. I already can’t wait to make them again! I want simple & amazing recipes! We went to San Juan and some Caribbean islands. We got my daughter all enrolled and ready for college. Cheers to a new start! Strawberry Scones. It’s kind of the elephant in the room at this point, because I haven’t blogged in nearly a year. Strawberries are a nice addition to scones because they are a more firm fleshed berry and stay intact better than raspberries or blackberries which are easily mashed and broken as you work the scone dough. Please leave a review or a photo! Yes Kelly, It definitely was a heck of a year. Store in an airtight container. I would rather them grow up, not spread out. Hope they turn out as good as yours. But enough about that, back to these scones! ▢ While the scones are cooling, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until the glaze is nice and smooth and no lumps remain. I took her on a graduation trip, just the 2 of us. Here’s the sweetened condensed version of what’s happened in that time: And then just as I was getting my life back together and gaining ground on the redesign process.. Just like my kids! I discovered that my website looked really terrible on different web browsers, so I redesigned the site and tried to improve the search functions and indexes. 350g self-raising flour, plus more for dusting ¼ tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 85g cold butter, cut into … You can make the scones and then freeze them before baking! I recently realized that I don’t make scones like a lot of other people. The one drawback is that strawberries are also more juicy than other berries. My daughter graduated from high school. Have you ever prepared the dough and frozen it before baking? Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with either a silicone baking pad or a sheet of parchment paper. Pour the mix mixture over the flour and stir until completely combined. It never fails to make your kitchen smell amazing and brighten your mood. They are soft, tender, buttery, and bursting with fresh strawberries. Bake for 23-27 minutes or until golden brown. Your pictures really highlight your strawberry lemon scones. In a small bowl, beat together the egg and milk. Got back just in time for the busiest season at the library where I work. Looking forward to making them for my family! I'd love to hear your feedback! Sounds like you have had one heck of a year. You nailed that one right on the head! Fabulous! Instructions. We had to get the old house ready to sell. (This is by far the worst item on the list. This strawberry lemon combo is ace. Remove to a wire rack to cool. I’ve given a lot of thought over whether I would talk about my blogging break or whether I would just ignore it. The dough should come together into a loose, somewhat sticky mass. Light and tender scones are given the summer treatment in this recipe, full of the bright flavors of strawberries and lemon and topped with a tangy lemon glaze. Or do you think I’d be better off freezing the strawberries and making the dough later? Scones are the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert and these Strawberry Scones are perfect in every way. When it’s time to pat the dough out into a round, I do that directly on the baking sheet and then very slightly separate the cut wedges, giving them around a centimeter of space in between. Cut the round into 8 wedges, separating them slightly. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, … Strawberry scones … Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. I decided to pause the blog for the holiday season to enjoy that time with my family. ), 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, approx one lemon zested. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with either a silicone baking pad or a sheet of parchment paper. It is one of my favorites too Jessica. I dislocated my ankle. Hi there, I'm Amy. So as I was trying to decide what to do with the few strawberries I had left after making some fruit salad for a work party, I knew that strawberry lemon would be a winner. I am making this for our house party on Sunday! 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour use more if dough is too sticky I hope so too. These look so good! Light and tender scones are given the summer treatment in this recipe, full of the fresh flavors of strawberries and lemon and topped with a tangy lemon glaze. Accept Read More. Thanks Krissy, I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do. Thanks for the lovely review! Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and with floured hands, pat into a 9 inch round. Recovery is going to be a slow and arduous process. Please update me later and tell me how they turned out. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is crumbly and no large lumps remain. Savor the taste of summer any time of the year with these bright and fragrant Strawberry Lemon Scones. In my household we are obsessed with strawberry lemonade and go through gallons. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I love scones. Lemon and strawberry is one of my favorite fruit combos, and these scones did not disappoint! If you’ve never tried it this way, give it a shot when you bake these strawberry lemon scones and tell me what you think of this method. These scones are best eaten the day they are made. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. So you can see, it’s kind of been a doozy of a year. (So much stress.).