Gently lift and fit the rolled dough into the tart pan. The window is short starting in Mid-May to Mid-June, but it makes all the difference in this recipe! squash blossoms certainly are an obsession of mine, but since they won’t be out for another month or two, I thought I would compensate by obsessing on strawberries! I’m not even kidding, just the sound of this made my mouth salivate! Pierce the dough all over with a fork at 1/2-inch intervals. mhm foodie dream ^.^. c. Alternate a third layer of berries on top. When ready to bake, position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Variations: Italian Apricot Jam Tart (Crostatina marm, Albicocca) and variations One, 4-inch mini-tart: One, 4-inch tart made with a cookie cutter: My interest in this type of pastry started when my daughter went to Italy for study abroad for her school semester. You and I share a love of Italian desserts, that’s for sure This one is gorgeous and looks absolutely delicious. Make another diagonal cut on the other side of the stem end, making a V-shape. Keep everything cold! to log in. 6. Select the most symmetrical and evenly sized berries for the the tart(s). Use as a milder substitute for cranberry sauce—it is very versatile! Adding this to my list of things to make! (Be sure they aren’t too mounded so they bake evenly in the oven.) This strawberry crostata is so easy with the rough puff pastry crust! Store in the refrigerator for a day, at most, if not serving right away. Roll dough into a cylinder and cut off pieces as needed. 1. 3 cups flour. Already a Premium Member on baking911.com? Join Our Our Happy Cooking Community. I'm Chef Dennis and Welcome to my Culinary Journey where I share my Restaurant-Style Recipes & Travel Adventures. I wish I could make your strawberry ricotta crostata now. d. Repeat with the three remaining tart shells. You’re a recent find that I’m enjoying , hi Lynn! Bake the tart dough or those formed in pans, directly on the prepared cookie sheets, for about 15 - 20 minutes, until the crust is light golden brown and feels firm when pressed with a fingertip. Fold one edge over to form a half moon shape and seal the cookie well (photo 3). Select a 4-inch size cookie cutter; make sure it is NOT of an intricate design. 1/3 cup sugar Strawberries are one of my favorites too – I look forward to strawberry season more than any other! STORAGE b. Layer a second row berries on top, alternating between the first. Using your pastry cutter make 3/4” wide strips. a. Cool the crusts in their tart pans, if using, on a wire cake rack. Your post is just in time. Thanks for posting! 7. There are various ways to assemble the berries on the tarts, depending on whether they are made free-form (with cookie cutters) with rims or made in tart pans. Fold up the edges of the dough onto the strawberries.