After only one year i noticed a discolouration of the oven, along with the 2 oven doors, after investigation i noticed this was RUST! This really was the worst purchase we have ever made. Whether you’re looking for a dual-fuel mini range in stunning colours, a sleek gas double oven, or an electric range cooker with energy-efficient induction hob, there’s a Stoves appliance for you. Guess what, no one has called! Our collection of made-in-Britain built-in, freestanding and range cookers … How is that fair? I didn't of course. My 2nd Stoves oven failed after 5 years and 3 weeks out of the Stoves parts guarantee. The Stoves Range Cookers for 2017. If you do require further assistance please email us at info@gdha.com. I have a Panasonic “table top” combined oven, which I utilise for most of my oven cooking.In consideration the two ovens on the Stoves cooker are not used very often.I use the four top burners.I have just tried to obtain replacement "silicone buffers” that fit on the underside of the two pan supports; there are eight in total, (one on each corner).They cannot supply and gave no indication as to when they will be available! All rights reserved. 3) There is no light when using the grill so difficult to see, and no grill temperature settings as per the old model. Induction cooktops and ranges cook faster than regular electric ranges, but you’ll have to make some adjustments to use them. Below we are going to give you an overview of the range cookers available from Stoves. Not vulnerable enough I suppose. Cookers come with a range of hob technologies, from high-tech induction to traditional gas. Customer Reviews — Stoves 60cm Electric Cooker with Induction Hob - Cream - A/A Rated Stoves Richmond600Ei 60cm Electric Cooker with Induction Hob - Cream - A/A Rated £929 Here’s how, from the experts at Consumer Reports. I contacted stoves to arrange a repair. The engineers are a nice people but this company's service is appalling.A week or two ago I was told repairs were not possible because they could not access the spare parts system in order to supply them to the engineers. Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news, © 2020 Stoves, a Glen Dimplex Home Appliance Company, A Glug of Oil - Sterling 600MF & SIH600TC Review, electric range cooker with energy-efficient induction hob, For opening hours or to contact us please. Hi Steve, we're sorry for the unexpected delay. Rang again in July after lockdown had finished - still only dealing with priority customers. Once you have found the model for you then click though to the in depth reviews and read about the models features. 12 days since delivery, this is unacceptable. Another dead-end with no solution in sight, now 15 days without a working oven. Shame on you Stoves, step up and get them a replacement ASAP!!! Try learning to give explanations and advice rather than simple yes or no questions and silence. Wrong! I needed to pay the £118, and I would get a text same day to arrange appointment. I bought a Stoves oven from ao.com in July. Would not recommend as feeling upset and let down. Thank you for sharing your experience, I am sorry to hear this. I have had no notification of a date when an engineer will call and gave up on calling them after spending another hour on hold.Apparently they are giving priority to vulnerable customers. Visit www.which.co.uk/cookers to see the most recent independent reviews. It was fitted in August and became faulty and unusable in early September 2020. The first oven to arrive had clearly been dropped in transit and the entire inside has been unseated exposing wires and insulation. Beware of inadequate service when buying this brand. I'm exhausted and very very upset at how they have no regard for the after care of customers and zero regard for our safety. Cookies: Keep getting told to ring next week as the system is down. Trademark 2005-2020 Reevoo Ltd. 2nd Floor Walbrook Wharf, 78-83 Upper Thames Street, London, EC4R 3TD. Come on Stoves Step up and do the Right Thing, Stoves 55mm cooker main oven not working / loose door casing. 1) It cannot be programmed to automatically switch on and off as per the old model. This is an expensive, high end product- how can it not have a fan setting for the oven? I only hope it doesn’t break down as Stoves/GDHA Customer Repair Service is non-existent. For any further assistance, you're welcome to email your details to info@gdha.com. The Bluetooth function is hard to use - so far I have only been able to use it to set the clock. Would not recommend, very disappointing experience. Shares (Image credit: Getty) Need the best oven of 2020? I am seventy-seven. Have contacted Stoves several times over last couple of weeks as my 1 year old oven is not working. Our collection of made-in-Britain built-in, freestanding and range cookers offer something for every kitchen. They have not had any problems with rust, or enamel on any of their cookers. Our Customer Care Team are happy to help if you would like to telephone on 0344 815 3740 or you're welcome to email your details to info@gdha.com. I wouldn’t have thought a company could run efficiently if their system is down for a week. Hi Pamela, we are really sorry for the unforeseen delay during these difficult times. I have been polite and patient this entire time but i have no option than to take this to solicitors. I have not had any kind of reply from them yet after 2 1/2 months. Do not buy stoves would be my advice, Have booked a engineer 1 month ago 17th September 2021 Paid £155, after waiting 1 month as text says engineer will call before 10am on the morning of the repair.Nothing so ive called to be told my call has not even on the system despite me having a log number and paid £155. This has not happened and no-one will talk to me anymore. When you are buying an appliance, make sure you invest in a quality appliance that won’t guzzle energy. (77) and live on my own. Their range includes both gas and electric ovens in single, double and built-under designs. Don’t suppose that will bother them though, nothing seems to shake them into any semblance of customer care! I like look of my new Richmond Stoves 600E stove and the top lid is a great feature that is hard to find. The Stoves Sterling 1100Ei and Sterling 900DFT also performed well, receiving scores of 70% and 66% respectively. when they can supply.The email was "bounced" back.ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING; IN MY OPINION BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THE COMPANY -They are unable to supply such a small item which will not be of great cost. It got to the point where i felt utterly unsafe using the oven and after many, many months of trying to get this resolved and spending hours and hours (over 16 hours in total now I think and literally over 100 calls I believe) they agreed to replace the oven. Stoves ovens come in a variety of black and stainless steel in-built ovens and freestanding cookers. I had no choice but to buy a new Stoves ST BI900 G double gas oven to fit my oven housing unit. Appalling service, why did I waste over 2 hours trying to get through to hear this? To help make an informed buying decision, we have a collection of impartial reviews for you to read through, all provided by proven buyers. Paid £650. Our Customer Care Team can help talk you through the functions to help make the most of your appliance if you could please telephone on 0344 815 3740. When you call the company the says we working hard to look after our customers if only this was true. Our Sterling 600Ei received a test score of 70% and was praised for being quick and efficient at boiling, grilling and baking while our Richmond 1000GT range received 73% with feedback of ‘an excellent oven and a great hob and grill’. This was supposed to be fixed by now. I’ve just had a call 29.10.20 to tell me from an engineer to advise he’ll visit today! My elderly parents both 85+ and both classed as vulnerable, took delivery of a new Oven circa 3 weeks ago. The Stoves Sterling 1100Ei and Sterling 900DFT also performed well, receiving scores of 70% and 66% respectively. Have called Stoves warranty service number 5 times for past week, to be told that ‘their system is down / they can’t take new bookings for engineer to come out’. Latest Stoves Cooker reviews, ratings from genuine shoppers. Without Prejudice.I purchased a Stoves dual oven, free standing cooker, early 2017 through John Lewis; it was commissioned immediately.1). I did not expect that such a high quality product will deteriorate so quickly, which is a great disappointment. Are Stoves still in business? First of all the free parts warranty is only valid if fitted by Stoves, with a call-out charge of £118, which you have to pay up front, and they will contact you when they’ll come and fix it. Kind regards Kathrine. Fortunately ao had exchanged the oven and I purchased another brand which is working perfectly. Will drag them through the Courts to get a refund. Just like everyone else, we use cookies to track and improve your experience. No other contact from them other than a text with no real info in all that time, strange though as the engineer said they didn’t have my telephone number! So grateful to ao and who are excellent as Stoves have been shocking. We are doing all the chasing, with no solution and no adequate cooking facilities for our family with small children. I purchased a Stoves dual oven, free standing cooker, early 2017 through John Lewis; it was commissioned immediately. This happened several times as the problem worsened and one 'engineer' told ne not to cook anything moist. Furthermore, in my opinion, based on my experience they are totally unprofessional in respect of customer service. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment. I’ve been told to ring back next week! Yes, it too cooks our hands when touching the oven doors or surrounds. I have a oven under warranty just needs replacing is this hard to sort. I have been without a oven for three weeks cannot tell you how many calls I made to stoves customer services disgrace promised calls back from various members of staff still waiting.