I used my Oster food steamer and steamed the florets for 10 minutes or so, then tossed everything together in a bowl.~ Theresa. this website. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/steamed-broccoli-with-seasonings Sprinkle evenly with salt. Once you know how to use a steamer basket, steaming broccoli could not be any easier. Plus, a bonus broccoli cheese sauce recipe the kids will love! The goal is for all of the pieces to be about the same size. From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes, but do not allow to brown. Comfort food is my specialty, and it is truly my pleasure to share these recipes with you. Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. Note, there is a different between “broccoli cuts”, and the packages labeled “broccoli florets.” Broccoli cuts will include chopped up pieces of the stalk as well as florets, and the florets will be solely broccoli florets. Olive oil will help the seasoning to stay in place. which is also why a lot of people think they don’t like veg… or at least broccoli! Place in a serving bowl. My Mom always made her broccoli in a similar way and it was so delicious. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Great addition to dinner. All Rights Reserved. A great way to give a different flavor to steamed broccoli. Add milk a generous splash at a time, whisking after each addition until all of the milk has been incorporated. broccoli crowns or 1 (16 ounce) package of frozen broccoli florets, « Best King Ranch Casserole Ever | Recipe, Thumbprint Hershey Kiss Cookies | Recipe ». Add onion and broccoli to pan; cover and simmer 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. I have many recipes from her, including this one," Peggy pens. No frills or fuss necessary for this particular kitchen tool. Best Broccoli Recipe | Simple Steamed Broccoli. Hosting fewer guests this holiday season due to the coronavirus pandemic? Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden's layout. All can be made in 45 minutes or less. Then try our go-to menu. Here are the best tips for picking out both fresh and frozen broccoli. Whisk dressing; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. All the essential dishes are here, just on a smaller scale. Home Recipes Ingredients Vegetables Broccoli. Combine 3/4 cup water, butter, and garlic in a large skillet over high heat; bring to a boil. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? THIS is the kinda stuff a lot of people want to know how to do, but don’t…. It’s simple and straightforward, with plenty of tips for picking out the best broccoli, cutting, trimming, and cooking it to perfection! Place in a saucepan over 1 in. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Steamed Broccoli Florets, with a tart mustard vinaigrette, is a delightful fast-to-fix recipe from field editor Peggy Van Arsdale of Crosswicks, New Jersey. 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon). From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. Simple is best. Serve right away. "My Aunt Marion was a wonderful cook. Once the cheese is melted, stir in salt and pepper. Keep in mind that the broccoli will continue cooking a bit more, even after you have removed the lid, so if you prefer a firmer bite, remove from the heat as soon as the broccoli is fork tender. The best broccoli recipe for perfectly steamed broccoli! Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. Required fields are marked *. 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. Of all the ways to cook broccoli, steaming has got to be the easiest and the best way to preserve the nutrients within. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar. vegetable. If you’d like to include the stalk, as well as the florets, first peel it with a vegetable peeler, and cut into a 1/2″ dice. A simple recipe for perfectly steamed broccoli. The best broccoli recipe for perfectly steamed broccoli! If you’d like to get to know me a little better, click here. Very tasty - light sauce. If the florets you cut away are fairly large, or branch off into more than one floret, either cut it in half or into individual smaller florets. It’s inexpensive (always in the $8-10 range), dishwasher safe, and all you really need in terms of a steamer basket. Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials. Our Favorite Recipes that Start with Cream of Broccoli Soup, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, Dash each salt, pepper and ground mustard. I really liked the dressing, just thought it was ok with the broccoli though. Fill a saucepan with about a ¼” of water and place steamer basket inside, and place over medium heat. Will be trying your directions right away. However, the pot should not be so large that the edges of the steamer basket don’t touch the sides. Get new recipes weekly. Place broccoli in a steamer basket set inside a pot of boiling water. Add flour and whisk until combined. Steam for 10-13 minutes, or until the broccoli is fork tender. YUM! Plus, a bonus broccoli cheese sauce recipe … If using fresh broccoli, remove any leaves that remain. Our fall-focused indoor and outdoor decorating ideas are guaranteed ways to make the perfect first impression when family and friends come calling on Thanksgiving—or any day during the season. Be sure to check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category! of water; bring to a boil. There won't be any leftovers. There are so many delicious ways to use this hard-shell squash, from soups and salads to lasagna and pizza. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Gently toss, serve immediately and enjoy. The higher quality brands tend put a better quality product overall, with florets that are still intact and properly cut. Place the fitted lid on the pot, and transfer to the stovetop over medium heat. Originally the "dressing" didn't taste quite right but then I doubled the prepared mustard and it made this pretty good! The size of the dice is important because if left too large, your florets will be cooked long before the stalk pieces. Reduce the heat slightly if the lid starts to quiver. The flavor was a little sweet. Comfort food recipes with real ingredients made easy! Also good on steamed zucchini. To trim fresh broccoli, remove any leaves that remain, and turn the crown upside down on the cutting board. And, while I wouldn’t necessarily refuse the cheese sauce these days, I have definitely come to appreciate both the flavor and texture of broccoli…as long as it’s cooked right, that is. Thanks for your tutorial, that is very helpful. When shopping for fresh broccoli in the produce section, look for crowns with a tightly compacted flowery head and a purple-y tinge amongst the green, with little-to-no browning or discoloration. Sign up now! It’s simple and straightforward, with plenty of tips for picking out the best broccoli, cutting, trimming, and cooking it to perfection! This looks amazing, definitely going to make this! That’s one of the wonderful things about broccoli — a healthy stand-alone vegetable side dish, perfect for busy weeknights and quick fix dinners. Note: This post contains affiliate links. Using a paring knife, cut the florets from the stem. I’m Kelly Anthony — a baker, home chef, and mom with a passion for food and an adoration for entertaining. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/steamed-broccoli-florets In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Lemon juice gives a lift to this steamed veggie side. Filed Under: Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights, Gluten Free Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Healthy Side Dishes, Quick Fix Recipes, Side Dishes, Spring Recipes, Vegetable Recipes Tagged With: broccoli, healthy, side dish, steamed, vegetable.