We offer a variety of instruction options and exam prep study tools to best suit your learning style and schedule. You ultimately want to drive your Kaplan scores up to 85%+ and you’ll be ready. I took the series 7 last week (12/3/2015) using the STC 4 week study calendar and scored an 80%. 2. I am currently using STC for the series 7 as well, I have been getting around an 85% on the practice exams. A combination for the Series 7 Top-Off would be much better. When it comes to the SIE vs Series 7 the verdict is not too different. Like you said, the STC Text and Kaplan Text (plus the QBank – very important!) Kaplan Series 7 Bottom Line. Passing the FINRA Series 7 licensing exam is the next step in launching your career in the securities industry and for individuals who sell a broad range of securities. Series 7, STC and Kaplan. I cannot answer for Kaplan Q Bank, but I did almost exclusively use STC my S7 and I passed no problem. We welcome students, current Registered Representatives and anyone who is curious. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Thus, I am going to do the opposite of you and get STC practice exams. I then bought the Qbank and I’ve been getting 60s over and over again. I am currently using STC for the series 7 as well, I have been getting around an 85% on the practice exams. Close. Series 7 Exam Prep. Posted by 3 hours ago. Hi all, so I passed the SIE using STC. Kaplan Financial Education's securities licensing exam prep packages provide all the necessary tools to help you prepare, practice, and perform on the FINRA® Series 7 Exam, General Securities Representative Examination (GS). I was scoring 80s in STC but failed the 7TO with 71%. I’ve heard that 80-85 on kaplan q bank is good to pass. Press J to jump to the feed. I only read STCs textbook, How did you feel STC prepared you for the exam, More posts from the Series7exam community. Overall, Kaplan is a large and capable company so I anticipate that their SIE curriculum may improve. Good luck! Your score may just have to do with the wording of the questions in the Qbank. I am in the same boat. As an added insurance, I bought the Kaplan Qbank and have been scoring in the upper 60's on the practice exams. Still, this isn’t a bad choice as a budget pick! People on here have said STC practice tests are closer to what the actual test is like. Hi all, so I passed the SIE using STC. The Securities Institute of America, Inc. (SIA) offers a variety of bundles if you're looking to get the SIE credential and then pass the requisite top-offs like the Series 6 or Series 7. I followed the program to a “T” and did not take ANY shortcuts at all. I also was not scoring nearly as high as you were on practice tests. Kaplan had so much to offer. That being said, there is something that holds this prep course provider back from a higher rating. How difficult is the Kaplan Qbank compared to the actual series 7? With more than 50 years of experience and over 1,000,000 students trained, STC is the industry’s proven leader ready to help you prepare and pass your exam. Sounds like you have a solid understanding of things. While many features of Kaplan are on par with STC and other companies, you have to enroll in the highest package option in order to utilize the majority of those options. I found it to be much more difficult and different from STC, and it has me a bit worried. For texts, STC remains a top choice among my students, however Kaplan’s QBank in the case of the Series 7 Top-Off Exam is arguably superior than STC’s practice questions. Series 7 Exam Prep Classes and Study Materials. Don't stress. Hi Withle, I would definitely recommend the STC for the SIE, but Kaplan for the Series 7. The Series 7 Exam Subreddit is a professional community of Reddit users focused on the passing of the FINRA Series 7 Exam. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. As an added insurance, I bought the Kaplan Qbank and have been scoring in the upper 60's on the practice exams. Any advice is appreciated. I used Kaplan for SIE and the questions on the SIE were a lot different from the q bank. Series 7, STC and Kaplan. should be enough. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I’m guessing Kaplan is just harder and I also didn’t read Kaplan’s textbook.