Consider these perspectives on community as you travel through the journey of life. 42.) A good job is a means to provide for the health and welfare of your family, to own a home, and save for retirement. Community, above all, is bigger than individuals–we are something much more than individuals when we are part of a community. The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. A healthy social life is found only when, in the mirror of each soul, the whole community finds its reflection, and when, in the whole community, the virtue of each one is living. Required fields are marked *, 50 Book Quotes: From Romantic, Funny, Inspiring and Sad Books, 60 Veterans Day Quotes to Honor our Heroes, 50 of the Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Quotes, 50 Captivating Babe Ruth Quotes From the Great Bambino, Lessons and Wisdom from 50 Selfish People Quotes, 50 Thought Provoking Time Flies Quotes About Life, 90 Socrates Quotes On Life, Wisdom & Philosophy To Inspire You, 50 Boxing Quotes to Motivate You Towards Victory, 50 GOAT Polo G Quotes That Showcase the Young Rapper, Published on December 17, 2019 7:42 AM EST, Woody Allen Quotes About Life, Love and His Movies, 105 Rainbow Quotes Celebrating Hope After a Storm, 170 Famous Movie Quotes From Your Favorite Characters, 30 Game of Throne Quotes Celebrating The Final Season, 60 Yoga Quotes Celebrating Your Mind, Body & Spirit. These actions ultimately measure your success in life and will help you feel accomplished and fulfilled. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn, 32.) It's the impetus for creating change. My father used to have an expression. The way to change the world is through individual responsibility and taking local action in your own community. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. True public safety requires a collaboration between law enforcement and the community. Coretta Scott King. – Marianne Williamson. He'd say, 'Joey, a job is about a lot more than a paycheck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw, 58.) It is theoretically and practically impossible to build any community apart from love and justice. My home is in Heaven. "Educate a boy, and you educate an individual. A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. Lend a helping hand. Take some time today to appreciate your life. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. The fight for freedom must go on until it is won; until our country is free and happy and peaceful as part of the community of man, we cannot rest. You have to believe in yourself. The quotes below will remind you of the value that diversity brings to a community, building strong leaders and helping people work together to achieve great things. One of the very rewarding aspects of my work has been the interaction with a superb group of colleagues and friends in the atmospheric sciences community. You never know what you may learn. A good job is more than just a paycheck. Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde, 27.) Appreciate your community and the people that you know and love. This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. I’m just traveling through this world. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on. Think globally, act locally I suppose. A true community is not just about being geographically close to someone or part of the same social web network. Your email address will not be published. Order your soul; reduce your wants; live in charity; associate in Christian community; obey the laws; trust in Providence. The poor are indispensable to the rich. We must attempt, rather, to bring people back to the warmth of community, to the worth of individual effort and responsibility, and of individuals working together as a community, to better their lives and their children’s future.” – Robert F. Kennedy, 6.) It's important to the person who serves as well as the recipient. The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital. “The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers & cities; but to know someone who thinks & feels with us, & who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 18.) “Leaders instill in their people a hope for success and a belief in themselves. I'm very humbled and honored. Let us know in the comment section below. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community. In every heart, there is the power to do it. Rudolf Steiner. 54.) We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community... Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own. – Herman Melville. You cannot sift out the poor from the community. An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. In every heart, there is the power to do it. “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy, 45.) So the community of the cross is a community of celebration, a eucharistic community, ceaselessly offering to God through Christ the sacrifice of our praise and thanksgiving. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” – Martin Luther King, Jr. “I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. Adopt responsibility for your own well-being, try to put your family together, try to serve your community, try to seek for eternal truth... That's the sort of thing that can ground you in your life, enough so that you can withstand the difficulty of life. 1.) Interviews and Podcasts on Everyday Power, 10 Indie Movies on Netflix Starring People of Color, 3 Reasons Hydration is More Important Than I Ever Thought. The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members. In every community, there is work to be done. Without community service, we would not have a strong quality of life. “Diversity in the world is a basic characteristic of human society, and also the key condition for a lively and dynamic world as we see today.” – Jinato Hu, 22.) “One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” – Shannon L. Alder, 24.) You (Millennials) are the generation most afraid of real community because it inevitably limits freedom and choice. – Coretta Scott King. If only one of these two is focused upon, an inevitable extremism and perversion follow. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama. Empathy is the starting point for creating a community and taking action. “Diversity is about all of us, and about us having to figure out how to walk through this world together.” – Jacqueline Woodson, 19.) 23.) Each one of us has a community that give’s us a sense of belonging. “Teaching kids how to feed themselves and how to live in a community responsibly is the center of an education.” – Alice Waters, 13.) He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a delight, part of life’s exciting variety, not something to fear.” – Gene Roddenberry, 15.) “Every person is defined by the communities she belongs to.” – Orson Scott Card, 4.)