The reason I stopped at ten days is mostly because it stopped fizzing, so I guessed the sugar was finally used up. I thought wow, that sounds like a good idea. Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2013. However, two days isn't enough time. ), Reviewed in the United States on December 23, 2012. Reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2014. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for 2 x Spike Your Juice Kits, "Value Pack", © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on July 26, 2015. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Whether it's holding all excretion, and putting a couple packets in the toilet with your daily rations of fruit, and draping a pillowcase over the toilet so the guards can't see. If you want something that will give you a decent kick after just a couple of days, you're much better off with true booster yeast. Or maybe it's stealing an old bleach bottle from the C Block Laundry room and saving breakfast juice for a month in the bottle under my cot. Reviewed in the United States on January 8, 2012. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on December 28, 2010. It even proclaims itself to be "A European Favorite". However, two days isn't enough time. It was delicious. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . Those who enjoy a very, very mild alcohol content might be pleased, but for the same money you can get a much better buzz. Aside from the occasionally disgusting meal, I live a pretty privileged life. That said, welcome to the 100th Post of Kotas Reviews Everything! Start your free trial. I like the product a lot but do not buy on Amazon.com, Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2012, Nothing at all against this, or any other seller selling this item. Easy and cheap way to make lots of tasty alcohol. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It takes 39 ingredients in varying proportion to make a Spike seasoning! The airlock is good quality and cleans very easily though some bottles (notably Ocean Spray) may have too large of a mouth. This page works best with JavaScript. It's just that great feeling 48-72 hours later, when you open the bottle and chug it as fast as you can, only to find escaping my life sentence for only hours, is just that, temporary. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. No mess at all. Currently unavailable. Store brands seems to work just as well as name brand. Arbitrary markers used by those who wish to make themselves feel important with regards to frivolous tasks. That's it. The first tasting was not particularly enlightening really. I'm not fond of these Spike Your Juice Kits. It makes a great gift. It turns out slightly fizzy and really tasty. Also, the people at Spike Your Juice do a great job with costumer service. $119.95 $ 119. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I don't think that is fermented properly. Buy juice, dump in the packet, stick the airlock on top of it, and leave it there for a few days. This means you can drink the whole bottle instead of worrying about consuming active yeast. It tastes like a lightly carbonated juice, think champagne. Only 10 left in stock (more on the way). I recommend letting the juice ferment for at least one week, preferably 10-12 days. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for 2 x Spike Your Juice Kits, "Value Pack", © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. It was so easy and required no babysitting. I don't if it would or would not work with orange juice, but it would taste like a mimosa if it did. Great gift! You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Made several batches and I decided to let them ferment for a great deal longer than suggested which turned out a much stronger, though dryer, alcohol. I've covered a lot of different things in the past few years of reviewing, but today deserves something special. I very much enjoyed my DIY "spiked" drinks. The fact that I can go out and afford meals, and not lived in a caged closet is a wonderful feeling, but sometimes I do feel like the grass is, perhaps, greener on the other side. It fermented steadily in my kitchen. I used these on some apple cider. Powered by. There were two official tastings, one after the two days suggested by the instructions, and one after the ten days. This shopping feature … After giving a poor rating on amazon they contacted me directly and send replacement kits immediately. Reviewed in the United States on June 25, 2013. it is an okay product but bad seller and false advertising it does not come with the required rubber stopper that it shows in the description i did not get 2 kits i got 2 refill packs not as claimed or shown and i could not return it very disappointed by amazon that doesn't happen often. In less than five minutes you are on your way to a delicious beverage. Reviewed in the United States on November 30, 2012. It mostly tasted like grape juice but it had a bit of an alcohol undertone. 48 hours makes a nice bubbly and refreshing thing just be sure and pour about a glass out before as it bubbles up. I couldn't let it sit long enough it was so good. Also, the people at Spike Your Juice do a great job with costumer service. Setup is fool proof! Hence the 4 star review. This is called “Spike Your Juice” and it’s a little kit to let you ferment fruit juice in your house. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. This page works best with JavaScript. Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2011. I let it ferment for about ten full days before I called it done. Welcome to Kotas Reviews Everything! I recommend cranberry pomegranate or cherry mixes. Get it as soon as Sun, Oct 4. With your membership, enjoy FREE and fast delivery, free games with Twitch Prime, and early access to deals. After giving a poor rating on amazon they contacted me directly and send replacement kits immediately. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The longer you leave it, the more sugar turns to alcohol. Reviewed in the United States on April 15, 2013. Cancel anytime. Does exactly what is says it will. I went to the Spike site and there aren't any trouble shooting or help threads. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Watch Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, award-winning Amazon Originals such as The Man in the High Castle and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, as well as popular movies and TV shows, with all titles available to download. Where everything gets reviewed, eventually. I tasted it after 48 hours and it tasted a lot like grape juice yet but definitely had a "winey" component and was a little cloudy. It really tastes pretty good and it was so easy you couldn't over complicate this/screw up if you tried. Enjoy exclusive Amazon Originals as well as popular movies and TV shows. Not $19.95. There's a problem loading this menu right now. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. When life gives you pomegranate juice, probably the best thing to do is to ferment said pomegranate juice. Setup is fool proof! Where was this before I turned 21? The kit comes with enough yeast packets for six batches, an airlock with rubber stopper, and clear instructions. I like making my own beer, mead, and wine at home, but it's a pretty involved process that needs some special equipment and ingredients to turn out right. Store brands seems to work just as well as name brand. Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2013. It sounded like a cute idea and looked very easy. Leave most of the debris in the bottom of the first bottle and pour the next batch on top to reuse your packet at least once. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Epicurean Handy Series Cutting Board with Handle, 14-Inch by 7-Inch, Slate, Epicurean Poly Cutting Board with Removable Silicone Corners, 14.5" by 11.25", Green, Price and other details may vary based on size and color. I'm not sure WHY my expectations were so low. UPS crunched my package and it came late (not the company's fault and likely do to the craziness of christmas). It was fun to use this kit though. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Tip: If you like your drink to be a little stronger so it actually tastes like alcohol, not just like juice, try leaving it for 3 days at least. It starts fermenting much faster this way as well. Something strange. So I got some inexpensive Walgreen's grape juice and I started it up. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for 2 x Spike Your Juice Kits, "Value Pack" at Amazon.com. This is the stuff after a couple of days, right before the first tasting. You do it in an old bag, under your cot, and it tastes bad, and it costs nothing. The yeast fermenting starts to carbonate the juice and it's refreshing. You buy your juice (64 oz. Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2013. Control data usage while downloading and watching videos on select phones or tablets. There's a problem loading this menu right now. If you're not going to drink all of it in one day, put it in the fridge to slow the yeast down. What other items do customers buy after viewing this item? Stream ad-free with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet. Tart juices work out the best. One the FACE Rating System, the Spike Your Juice kit gets 1 smiley face. Verified Purchase. I'm excited to experiment with different juices. I think that you could have the same thing alot cheaper by using super yeast and buying your own stopper and airlock. This is a great gift item for your football or drinking buddies. I am buying more parts to constantly cycle between juices! Overall I liked the taste of the apple juice I spiked with this. I found the best thing to do was make the base of my juice with Celery, Tomato, Zucchini, or Cucumber (which have zero effect on sugar) and then add a bit of Carrot, Apple, Beet, or other sweet juice to it, as well as juice from green leafy vegetables for more nutrition. I would and have recommended this, for the novelty of it alone. In less than five minutes you are on your way to a delicious beverage. This is a great way to get rid of all that. Not bad, but not plain juice. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I used a funnel and cut a small cube of fine sponge to put in the end to filter out most of the yeast when I transferred to a storage bottle. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to have some fun and create an inexpensive party drink. Very creative product!! Listen to your favorite songs from Spike New Hits Unmixed 1.0 by Various artists Now. I used Welches White grape juice which tastes kind of like a cheap Moscado. Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2013. I was hoping to make a little homemade wine by allowing them to sit longer, but it took an exceedingly long time. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Obviously, good people who care about their product. Well, it seems simple enough... Well, I managed to get it set up. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features.