NEW! The avocado in it is so good, as are the tomatoes. Wrap tortillas in two damp paper towels and microwave on high power until warm and pliable, about 45 seconds. Spread half of remaining salsa in bottom of a baking dish. Alternatively, dip the tortilla in sauce and place it flat on a cutting board or plate (Pic 3). Maybe a prexmas eve tradition!! Spread half of remaining salsa in bottom of a baking dish. Everyone loved them and they were surprisingly filling. I was speaking of the jalapeno peppers. * You can make the salsa verde several days in advance of preparing the chicken enchiladas, and keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Pour the rest of the salsa verde over the chicken enchiladas, and top with the remaining shredded cheese. Loved the flavor and the quick prep. I've been looking for an easy recipe for Verde enchiladas and this one gets points for being easy, but it's pretty spicy. Love enchiladas! Thanks so much for coming back to tell me. Enchiladas verde are a big favorite in this house, but I’ve never made them from scratch. But these can also be easily modified using other shredded meats - beef, pork, etc., and switching up the salsas. Microwave tortillas on high power in a microwave safe plastic bag until warm, about 45 seconds. Thank you for sharing! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  On a rimmed baking sheet, roast the tomatillos, onion, garlic and jalapeños for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatillos are bubbling and juicy. Every Christmas we have certain traditions that we follow religiously, and other areas where we fly by the seat of our pants. f This recipe is delicious and easy to make. This is a keeper! We’ve even gone fancy with Perfect Slow Cooker Beef Tenderloin and Pan Seared Duck Breast. Mix well, and salt to taste. Enchiladas are always welcome at our table. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/spicy-verde-chicken-enchiladas Coat the chicken well but do not stir (to prevent the burn message) (Pic 3). Chicken dishes are always good to have on hand. I also used regular sour cream and cheddar cheese. Saving your recipe to try soon, Sommer! Nope, still can’t I get the little yellow flag, maybe it’s my computer. 3. Thank you for the awesome recipe. 5. Add 3/4 cup sauce to the bottom of the pan. The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful -- e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy, Advance, etc. Making this recipe? No yeast donuts at home—a quarantine trick! How do I know? Remove to a plate and keep aside for later. Stir in 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (Pic 2). I crave this type of meal all the time!! Once boiling, whisk in the sour cream, salsa verde and cilantro. Delicious & easy to make!!! Made these for dinner last night. Salsa verde is my absolute favorite. We always eat tamales on Christmas eve :). Place 2 to 4 enchiladas in the skillet. Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Fold the top over the filling and roll up the tortillas. Transfer the roasted vegetables and any juices on the bottom of the tray to a food processor. Mix chicken with 3/4 cups salsa verde, 1 1/2 cups cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl combine and shredded chicken with 1/3 of the fresh salsa verde, 1 cup sour cream, and 2 cups of the cheese. Remove from heat. Put a scoop of the shredded chicken mixture on top of each tortilla. It tastes like dessert but is made entirely from superfoods, so its incredibly nourishing for your body! Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy! I never have commented on a recipe after trying it but  I had to let you know how out of this world this recipe is. Once you’ve got your salsa ready, you’re all set to prepare the chicken enchiladas verde! Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy. A recipe doesn't make it on the blog unless it gets a thumbs-up from my taster-in-chief and teen-chefs, my husband and twin girls! Remove in a plate and keep aside for later. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. Bake for 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbling. Still worth the time and effort though. Hi Sommer (something I usually say in April here in CA!) Roast the onions, jalapeño peppers, garlic and tomatillos in the oven until toasty on the outside, but juicy on the inside. Drizzle enchiladas with 1 1/2 cups salsa and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. I will definitely be making it again. Then pull apart to shred. Place the tortillas in the baking dish; you may have to squeeze them in. These look absolutely scrumptious! Best Instant Pot | Which Instant Pot To Buy? Lastly, I wasn't sure about just putting cheese on top without any type of sauce (all the other enchiladas I've made called for putting a green or red sauce on top) but honestly, they cheese was what made it so good. Top with a scoop of sour cream! Assemble the enchiladas: Use a ladle to put about 1/2 cup salsa verde in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and spread it out a little. I'd serve for company if I were having a Tex Mex dinner. Add a ladle of sauce in a non-stick skillet. Mix chicken with 1/4 cup of the salsa, 3/4 cup of the cheese. Add the cilantro salt, and pepper, and the onion. I was impressed with this dish and so was my boyfriend. I just really love my KitchenAid appliances and want to share them with you. Then, remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling hot. In the meantime, stir in 2 tablespoons of sour cream to the sauce and whisk till it gets combined. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare a large baking dish by lightly smearing a bit of the salsa verde evenly on the bottom. Add chicken breast and top with salsa verde. This looks so good. It gave it a crispy topping that was a great compliment to the filling. Keep in the freezer for up to three months. Make a batch of lemon tahini dressing first, then add chick peas and presto, hummus! Top with sauce, followed by shredded cheese. This looks so good! (I think it was Grilled Lobster Tail, Homemade Ravioli, and Thai Fried Rice.). made up the steps thru adding the chicken to mix. Once you’ve got your salsa ready, you’re all set to prepare the chicken enchiladas verde! Mix well, and salt to taste. This was AMAZING! What are you serving for Christmas dinner? Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. These look so yummy! MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Your email will not be published or shared. Excellent. The avocado and sour cream mixed with the salsa verde and other ingredients gave the dish a smooth and creamy texture with a kick (not too spicy). What an amazing, simple, delicious recipe. Saute for 2 minutes. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. I found the flavors pretty mild, but tasty. One question though… in your amazing description of how you prepare these you mention roasting onions, peppers, garlic and tomatillos. 4 cups Chicken breasts boneless and skinless; cooked and shredded 4 cups Salsa; 32 oz salsa verde 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese; grated 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro; chopped, divided 16 small corn tortillas Make Vegetarian Green Enchiladas: Replace chicken with 1.5 cups of cooked black beans to make the filling. You might have some extra sauce, save it and use it for later. Sounds like my kind of Christmas. Will definitely make this again especially when there is rotisserie chicken leftover! Turn off saute (Pic 1). Make green chile chicken enchiladas healthy and delicious! I’m sure you already had Christmas Dinner figured out, based on all the beautiful dishes you had made. Microwave tortillas on high power in a microwave safe plastic bag until warm, about 45 seconds. I used the chicken leftover from a whole chicken I slow cooked the day before. Loved them – having the second set of them tomorrow nite! These wholesome and healthy Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas. ©2010 — 2020 A Spicy Perspective. I also like to squeeze a little fresh lime on top of my enchiladas after they come out of the oven. So, In Texas, Mexican food is totally appropriate at Christmastime. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, avocado, and tomatoes if you wish. I tried this, and we loved it. I made mine with tofu and black beans instead of chicken and turned out great. So easy, quick and delicious you’ll make it much more often going forward. FREE EMAIL SERIES My fav tips to make you a better cook...right now! Hi Lori! Feliz Navidad to you too! 1. Ad Partners: SheKnows Media - Lifestyle - See Full Partners List>. Made to recipe except used regular chipotle-cheddar cheese on top. Remove from oven and allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving. Best enchilada recipe I have tried yet. Microwave tortillas on high in MICROWAVE SAFE plastic bag until warm, about 45 seconds. Scoop about ⅓ cup of the enchilada filling into the tortilla and roll tightly. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk.