But when I do, these Special K Bars are devoured! Cut into pieces and enjoy. 8 years ago There are two great methods for making these special kay dessert bars: the first is using the microwave, and the second is using your stove. Did you make this project? 1 cup sugar 5 cups Special-K cereal

First, prepare a 9x13 pan by either lining it with wax paper or spraying with nonstick spray. 12 oz creamy peanut butter {most of a regular jar}. Add in all of the cereal, and mix into peanut butter-sugar mixture, crushing flakes slightly as you go. Immediately pour mixture into your prepared pan. Immediately pour the chocolate over the prepared bars, smoothing it down and evening it out. These are amazing. 1 cup butterscotch chips. I make them when the comfort food feeling is needed. They look much better than any recipe I have seen. The crisp cereal stays crunchy and gives the bars the most satisfying chewy texture that is perfectly complemented by the creamy frosting that stays soft and velvety. Privacy Policy. 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (plus 1/3 cup more), 6 cups Special K crisp rice cereal (NOT Rice Krispies), 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugars and corn syrup and mix well until the mixture starts to bubble and the sugar is dissolved. 1 cup chocolate chips on Introduction, I will be making these.

Visit Valentina | The Baking Fairy’s profile on Pinterest. Return the bowl to the microwave and microwave on high for another 2 minutes and 15 seconds, or until the mixture begins to bubble and boil.

Pour and press the cereal mixture into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan, using the back of a greased spoon to press evenly. Good luck chicky! 5 mins. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Combine sugar and corn syrup in medium sized heavy saucepan.

Blogger at The Dutch Baker's Daughter, Truffles Coated in Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder. :), Would I be called a heathen for asking if crunchy peanut butter is allowed :), Absolutely not...use whatever peanut butter you prefer. Remove the bowl from the microwave and add 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter. Don't slouch on the ingredients as they are best savored in their full-fat, full-sugared state. Puffed rice cereals become soggy in the rich caramel peanut butter mixture. These bars were a hit long before Special-K cereal began marketing its low calorie versions. This is the recipe I forget to make for a while.

Don't slouch on the ingredients as they are best savored in their full-fat, full-sugared state.

4.5 from 2 reviews. Total time. Again, rinse that spoon. Special K Bars . In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugars and corn syrup and mix well. They are super popular with my kids and their friends. I know this recipe as Scotcharoos, although those are made with Rice Krispies instead of Special K. They were one of my favorite recipes as a kid. 5 mins. I love this recipe, so simple to remember and looks so yummy! * Use a knife or spatula to spread chips together and frost bars.
Pour the melted chocolate mixture over top of the cereal in one even layer. Scotcheroos (also called Special K Bars) – Chocolate & peanut butter treat. These bars are a pretty good source of potassium, fiber, protein, and B vitamins for a treat! Linda Larsen is a journalist, quick-cooking and slow-cooking expert, and accomplished cookbook author with over 30 years of experience in testing and developing recipes. You must use Special K cereal in this recipe. Puffed rice cereals become soggy in the rich caramel peanut butter mixture. Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture just comes to a boil. In a large nonstick pot, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Author: Valentina | The Baking Fairy. Combine the chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of the peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl.
In the microwave melt together the chocolate and butterscotch chips, mixing well. Special K Bars: These bars were a hit long before Special-K cereal began marketing its low calorie versions.

Pour mixture over cereal and carefully stir with a rubber spatula.

These chocolate & peanut butter cereal treats are a delicious no-bake recipe.

(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.

Special Kay bars are a delicious no-bake bar cookie. Place cereal in large bowl and set aside.