Amount is based on available nutrient data. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Info. thanks! Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and marinara sauce. This was very delicious. I cooked the ground beef with onions and garlic and then added that to the sauce. Bring to a light boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until onions are tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Heat a large pot on the stove over medium high heat. Our collection features all the classics like pesto, tomato and Bolognese along with a few modified versions. Here you’ll find a collection of delicious recipes that your family will love, all tested and approved by me, Jaclyn, creator of this food blog. So simple and tastes great! I stumbled upon this recipe and found I had most of the ingredients it called for and it only took 30 minutes to prepare! This is a quick recipe for tomato sauce. This spaghetti sauce recipe may be the first thing I learned to cook, completely by myself, when I was really young. Spaghetti and ground beef tacos. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add chopped basil before serving, if desired. Spaghetti Sauce. This version is so much better! Saute onion, green onion and garlic. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Welcome! Packed with fresh flavor and sure to please the pickiest eaters. Or follow extra recommendations listed in the notes? boneless chicken breasts, 2 mild Italian sausages, 24 pepperoni slices, cut into quarters), and reduced the amount of tomato sauce (one 15 oz. Stir it around for 1 1/2 minutes, and then add the garlic. SUBSTITUTIONS: Stevia for sugar ADDITIONS: 1 lb. I simmered an hour and added another tbsp of paste to thicken it because that’s our preference. **If you have a parmesan rind in the fridge you can simmer with the sauce, then remove at the end. Stir, then add the cooked ground beef and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. I’m Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food. Stir to combine, and then put the lid back on and allow it to simmer for another 30 minutes or so. I've never made homemade spaghetti sauce before, but I was in a pinch for something quick and easy to fix for supper. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan. Very good and fast - loved it! I topped the dish with fresh Parmesan. Since spaghetti has long been one of my favorite foods I’ve picked up on lots of different things here and there to perfect it. We did not care for this. It tastes especially good in the summer made with fresh garden herbs. This fresh-tasting spaghetti sauce is a real crowd-pleaser. Leftovers will keep well for lunch the next day, For a change from the traditional basil variety, this quick and easy peppery pesto is delicious dolloped on pasta or drizzled over summer salads, This low fat, tasty pasta supper can be rustled up from tins and packets in the storecupboard, Try this sumptuous dish with a no-cook pasta sauce. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I added some hot sausage (family’s preference) but otherwise followed the recipe. Serve with spaghetti. Thanks for your feedback! I freeze it all the time. Made with hearty beef, crushed tomatoes and lots of fresh basil. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Scott's Scratch-Made Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce. Not a bad recipe however adding red wine is a must! Or, use fresh young nettles, This fresh green purée is a light alternative to traditional heavy sauces and goes well with an Italian-style roast turkey or chicken, This veggie Bolognese-style sauce is great served with pasta and crams in three of your five-a-day, This quick, zesty supper is packed with Mediterranean flavours. dried oregano, 3/4 tsp. olive oil, tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, onions, oregano, green peppers and 3 more. Garlic Parmesan Roasted Zucchini Squash and Tomatoes, Tortellini with Pesto and Roasted Veggies. My son is allergic to dairy and it's very hard to find jarred/canned sauces he can eat and most sauces take too long to cook. Yes, but I recommend browning 2 lbs of ground beef separately, 1 lb at a time and use a pot. Add garlic saute 1 minute longer. 19 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Stir up a tasty sauce for your favourite pasta. I use this website often and have found many fantastic recipes but don't waste your time on this one! Chop onion, garlic and basil while beef is cooking. Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the pan. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2010-2020 | Contact Me | Privacy Policy. and added a bit more sugar and some salt and pepper. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Sorry to hear that. It also freezes well and makes delicious leftovers! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. i used my home grown tomatoes basil and oregano in it instead of canned tomatoes and store bought spices; and put it in my crock pot to cook. Sorry I’m not familiar with canning so I couldn’t say. I added a can of petite tomatoes and a green pepper. Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. So Flavorful, and easy to make. —Anne Heinonen, Howell, Michigan, Savory Spaghetti Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home. As I got better at cooking and baking (and because I loved it so much) I can specifically remember two recipes my Mom would let me make all by myself: this homemade spaghetti sauce, and our family’s favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. First time I’ve made spaghetti sauce and my husband didn’t have to rescue it haha . It tastes especially good in the summer made with fresh garden herbs. Transfer beef to a large plate lined with paper towels, leave 1 Tbsp rendered fat in skillet (or add 1 Tbsp olive oil). Add beef in crumbles, leaving space between them, and let sear on bottom until golden brown, about 3 minutes. This recipe was delicious and fresh. Pesto sauce . can). I have just given the outline for the sauce, but you can add any kind of vegetables to it. Discard any grease in the pot, but do not clean the pot. If you love that basil flavor then double up on the fresh basil. *If you can't get fresh basil try with 2 tsp dried basil, add more to taste. ground hamburger, 2/3 lb. Grate the parmesan and mince the parsley while sauce is cooking. happy to report, everyone loves it! Fennel seeds added a yummy flavor too. You can also let it simmer longer, while thinning with water or broth as needed. You can also add in other things like sauteed mushrooms too. Reduce skillet heat to medium, add onion and saute 4 minutes. Sounds AMAZING!!! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 5 stars are for when your tried it and you thought it was amazing. When it is heated, throw in the diced onions. It was easy to make the flavor was great. Thank you for sharing your recipes. If this recipe didn’t work for you, you’re probably not seasoning enough/not seasoning the ground beef. Use to make macaroni or cauliflower cheese, A superhealthy roasted pepper pasta sauce recipe that's versatile and tasty, You'll never buy ready-made jars of pasta sauce again after trying this simple, easy blend with garlic and oregano, Every home cook needs a good béchamel sauce in their repertoire – our step-by-step guide shows how to make a roux and get rid of lumps, Help kids aged 3-6 make their own superhealthy fresh tomato sauce to go with pasta, Rich and full of umami savouriness, this simple creamy mushroom sauce is perfect with steak, chicken or tossed through hot pasta, This leafy green cabbage-like vegetable is a genuine superfood - it's great whizzed up in place of basil in an Italian sauce, Save time and money with this simple and tasty sauce, great with pasta, meat or fish, This simple sauce is very versatile - perfect poured over roasted veg as well as chicken, Make a classic marsala sauce as the perfect partner for steak or chicken. Made this recipe with a couple tweaks. Add a little water or some low-sodium broth if it needs more liquid. (recommend Hunt's for best flavor and consistency). The only variations I made were using minced garlic & a little garlic powder, a whole yellow onion (since I did not have any green onions), and I added an 8 oz. I was impressed! Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Made with hearty beef, crushed tomatoes and lots of fresh basil. Did you use fresh basil? Thank you! Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.