Cook onions until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. A few key steps were lost along the way, so Aunt Raffy and I tried to piece the recipe back together. West Virginia Gov. Remove the sides of the pan and cut the pasta into wedges. This Easy Spaghetti Pie recipe is a great, family-friendly dinner recipe. Once you have cooked and drained mix butter, parmesan cheese, and egg in the noodles. This pasta dish is a family favorite. PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Rania Harris, of Rania’s Catering, is in her own kitchen making Spaghetti Pie a la Del Grosso! I wasn’t a big leftover fan (and I don’t think my mom was either) because spaghetti would either end up in the trash or morphed into something a little different like a fun frittata or Spaghetti Pie. Hope to see you back tomorrow! © 2020 Giada De Laurentiis. Sprinkle 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in the bottom of the prepared pan. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). Sign up for FREE to receive exclusive recipes, news, videos, merchandise, products and more!! Using a handheld immersion blender, pulse the sauce to even out the consistency. We haven’t had much snow over here on the East coast- just a few flurries each day, but I’m ready for one big storm. Top the second layer with the remaining pasta. In a bowl, mix the pasta, milk, Parmigiano, eggs, pepper, salt and 1 1/2 cups each of the Fontina and cheddar. Spray an 8-inch springform pan or a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray. I love to serve this Easy Spaghetti Pie recipe when entertaining because it’s a great dish to assemble in advance…since it’s kind of like leftovers revamped even if you’re cooking everything when you make it. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. John Fetterman Asks For $1 Million Election Fraud Reward Payable In Sheetz Gift Cards From Texas Lt. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until light golden on top, 45 to 50 minutes. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes or until almost al dente. If I want to use leftovers, do I adjust the recipe? Add 1/2 cup pasta water to loosen slightly and help the sauce coat the pasta, if needed. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes. Giada's Brown and Wild Rice Stuffing with Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts. https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/gail-simmons-epic-spaghetti-pie.html I followed this recipe to the letter, and even added a little leftover sauce, and it was dry and bland. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Second time making this pie. roughly 28 regular sized slices of pepperoni. Thanks for hosting and I will definitely be back . Thanks again for your wonderful blog!! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It’s the only thing that makes the cold weather bearable…until that snow starts to melt, turn brown and, generally, become a big nuisance. And the sons had zero problems cleaning their plates, even after their second helping . Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Flip and continue to cook until deep, dark brown, an additional 3 minutes on each side. https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/recipes/spaghetti-pie-recipe-gail-simmons Season with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch diameter nonstick spring form pan. Hi! Then you can just throw the spaghetti pies into the oven right before serving, remove from the pans and serve while your guests “ooooh and ahhhhh”. Place one-third of the spaghetti mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. I give spaghetti pie a 5+ rating It is that goooood! I so wanted to welcome a new kid into the fold. For the assembly: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. The classic combo of spaghetti and meat sauce are layered into a spring form pan with layers of shredded mozzarella, that create a mouth-watering cheese pull when slicing, and studded with chopped pepperoni. Crumble up the sausage into the same pot that you cooked the spaghetti in. A total bust!!! Add slices of mozzarella cheese followed by 1 cup of the ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Remove the foil, add the remaining cheese and return the spaghetti to the oven for another 15 minutes.