As a patient or as a visitor to Southside Hospital, the following administrative department numbers may be useful to you: Main number. He writes a note, "please call my parents ". I got some flack from some family & friends about the hospital which were not favorable but this is why I am the person I am. About Southside Hospital Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation. An excellent doctor that really cares about his patients. Some of the common symptoms that we see in the supertrack section are cough, headaches, abdominal pains, dental pain, earaches, pink eye, sore throats, fevers, minor trauma, sprains and bruises. I waited for like 45 minutes for someone to come out and tell me that she would call child services so i could be seen. tax-deductible as allowed by law. We’re proud to be recognized as one of the best hospitals in the region according to U.S. News and World Report. I would've spoken to her sooner if I knew but she just looked like a receptionist or another nurse. I was a high risk pregnancy. This hospital employs overt racists and it obviously affects the quality of care they provide to the community. When one of your children is hurt, that's what you do.He's in their ICU area and initially everyone is wonderful. SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL is a Voluntary non-profit - Private, Medicare Certified Acute Care Hospital with 341 beds, located in BAY SHORE, NY. A doctor came out after we requested one and said he could not override the opinion of his colleague even tho the symptoms of suicide and this family members issues were extremely apparent. They will take your money and give you minimal care. We just moved to New York and have 0 connections here. This hospital has been recognized for America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award™, Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™, and more. A computer screen and video camera allows neurologists to evaluate you remotely. tax-deductible as allowed by law. For a Northwell ambulance, call (833) 259-2367. Their pre-op and post-op spaces were immaculate and we're cleaned several times while we were there and everyone was attentive and observant. I was a high risk pregnancy. Not an isolated incident by any means. My mother had to wait FIVE hours just to have her pain relieved. the only reason why this deserves even one star is because of the empathic and kind nurse that we had. Let me start with this. My ultrasound tech Dina, also amazing, answered all my questions and was so patient with me during the transvag. For your security, we’ve logged you out. Diamond claimed that wasn't true; BOY THE ONLY THING I KEPT THINKING WHEN I GOT OUT OF THERE WAS "GHETTO". Sunil Shah, MD talks about his work as a hospitalist at Southside Hospital during the pandemic. Connect to your local emergency ambulance service, fire department, police department and family with a press of the Northwell Health On Call medical alert pendant. Let me start with this. All Rights Reserved. Apply to X-ray Technician, Registered Nurse, Security Officer and more! Southside Hospital is a medical facility located in Bay Shore, NY. This hospital is spending so much money on appearances it should require staff to have a pleasant personality when handling patients. Someone told me to go to Southside Hospital instead of Good Samaritan, I don't know why, my experience here was just as scary. I would definitely  recommend  this hospital! Little did I know the doctor was sitting behind the desk chatting for over an hour! As far as I'm concerned their total incompetence killed him  They're the worst. Specializing in Dry Eye, our practice is the only one of its kind offering the Lavage Dry Eye Spa, a spa-like setting providing…, "I picked Dr. P's name out of a book about 15 years ago and got very lucky. I told them to discharge me at 11:46 and was told to wait then at 12:01 a doctor comes to me asking what's wrong and I said I'm waiting to be discharged and she says you can just leave you don't need to be discharged. This individual went in on a Thursday and was released on a Friday even tho while leaving he was hysterically crying asking where he was and if life was real. The food was delicious!I really don't understand why  anyone would complain about service  there. © Feb 2011. He was assigned a GREAT nurse named Dorin Matei. They don't. I came in with tremendous pain due to an ear infection. Then they ran blood work without my consent. On to being in the room with my daughter. © The food was delicious! For more than a century, Southside Hospital has been providing quality care to the people in our community. Our exceptional staff can now better accommodate the more than 70,000 patients currently treated by Southside’s emergency and trauma teams each year. After a total of 9 weeks in 2 hospitals and a Rehab center, I finally returned home and I am so relieved that I am alive and well. For a Northwell ambulance, call We're here to serve a diverse population with innovative and effective programs that promote health in fundamental ways—from programs that fight childhood obesity and substance abuse, to community health fairs, screenings and injury prevention for seniors. But especially for a lot of the workers there who were kind, friendly & professional. Receiving expert treatment for strokes can mean the difference between life and death. Experience our transformation in January 2021. My brother is currently there, with a prior heart condition, has extreme chest pain and tightness literally crying in pain.... 2 HOURS LATER and a doctor has NOT yet been in to see him or read the results of the EKG. They were courteous and helpful. And another TWO hours for her to receive pain meds. Southside Hospital is a medical facility located in Bay Shore, NY. Patients who gave a rating of 9 or 106% lower than the national average, Would definitely recommend6% lower than the national average, Percent of patients who said that doctors always listened to them and explained things well, Percent of patients who said that nurses always listened to them and explained things well, Percent of patients who said that staff always explained medicines before giving them to patients, Percent of patients who said they were given information about recovering at home, Percent of patients who said they understood their care needs when they left the hospital, Percent of patients who said they always received help quickly from hospital staff, Percent of patients who said the area around their rooms was always kept quiet at night, Percent of patients who said their room and bathroom were always kept clean.