That's the kind of meal prep that I can handle... Again, I've got good news! I used pear butter instead of apple butter and it turned out really good! I bet it would be great on chicken too! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Fantastic!! Your email address will not be published. I've included cooking instructions for an outdoor grill (our favorite), as well as an indoor grill pan or just a plain ole' cast iron skillet (also delicious). Unsubscribe at any time. Posted on November 11, 2020 November 11, 2020 by Scott. Pour the marinade mixture over the pork chops. Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas, Credit: That means that you can walk in the door at the end of a busy day and just throw the pork chops in a skillet (or on the grill) and have dinner served in about 10 minutes! Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Vegetables and Gravy. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. It produces perfect marinated pork chops every time, and you can use your pork marinade for baked, broiled, grilled or sauteed pork. Back to Southern Sweet Grilled Pork Chops. This pork chop marinade is a great option to turn to when you need a quick way to prepare your chops with just a few staples that you already have on hand. Lemon-Marinated Grilled Pork with Greek Salad. I also cut up and apple, skewered it and basted it with the sauce, that was really good with the pork. I also cut up and apple, skewered it and basted it with the sauce, that was really good with the pork. These, paired with grilled asparagus and a good red wine, make for an awesome meal that will have your taste buds screaming for more. Whisk together 1/2 cup peach preserves, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp. Please try again. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It's down-home, country-style cooking! This helps seal in the juices and gives delicious flavor. Recipe: Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Peach Barbecue Sauce. Congrats! Either works fine in this recipe. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. southern pork chop marinade. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. This recipe resulted in nice juicy tender and flavorful chops that were easy to prepare with ingredients I had on hand. I love pork in a marinade. Reserve remaining marinade. Make your marinades work smarter. Guests loved it! And there is nothing more American than your appetite craving comfort food and a regular-size cut of meat just won’t do. This sounds real good. I halved the sauce for just 2 chops, I think that was still a bit too much sauce. Place pork chops on a plate and pour sauce over chops. Very tender and delicious! Make sure grill is not too hot so sauce soaks in rather than burning. Yummy! kosher salt, and 1 tsp. 269 calories; protein 13.7g 27% DV; carbohydrates 36g 12% DV; fat 7.6g 12% DV; cholesterol 46.2mg 15% DV; sodium 488mg 20% DV. I baked it in the oven at 425 for 10min on each side. Pork chops are a welcome addition to any dinner menu, and this marinated version is a family favorite. In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, garlic, seasoned salt, salt, and green onions. That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! Whisk barbeque sauce, apple butter, brown sugar, black pepper, and garlic together in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until sugar dissolves, about 30 seconds. I thought it would be too sweet but it was perfect. Very easy to make...the sauce glazes to the pork chops and it's great. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, garlic, seasoned salt, salt, and green onions. Use hashtag #theseasonedmom. Stir until sauce is smooth. Looking for other easy pork chop recipes? Place 1 cup marinade and 4 pork chops or 2 tenderloins in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime, Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Peach Barbecue Sauce. Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. These delicious, Credit: I love when a marinade uses ingredients I already have! The apple juice, mustard, and brown sugar creates an ultra-savory marinade for pork chops. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Made this the first time using maple-flavored BBQ sauce, marinated overnight, turned out really good, but a little sweet for my taste. © 2017–2020 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. Seal the bag or put a lid on the container and turn to thoroughly coat the pork chops. When you're ready to enjoy them, just thaw the pork chops (still in the bag with the marinade) in the refrigerator overnight. Sweet orange marmalade is slightly less bitter than traditional orange marmalade. If you like a bit of kick, you'll love this savory and spicy marinade. The second time I used a mustard-based Carolina sauce, marinated again overnight -- Bingo! Ta-da! Yes, you can prepare the perfect pork chop in minutes -- indoors or outside on the grill -- with this Country Pride Pork Chop Marinade! black pepper in a small bowl. Required fields are marked *. Quick and easy week night dinner. Photo: William Dickey. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. Flip and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Stir until sauce is … The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. Refrigerate for flavors to soak into pork chops, 1 to 2 hours. This pork chop marinade is a blend of garlic, herbs, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and Dijon mustard. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and place in a re-sealable plastic bag with the marinade. Remove pork; discard used marinade. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Hector Sanchez, Credit: Success! I bought a pork loin and brined using Baking Nana's brine recipe and then sliced to about 1" thick and froze until ready to use. Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. If you don’t have a grill or a grill pan, you can cook the chops in a large skillet the same way. This was created after lots of thinking on how to tease the taste buds between hot and sweet. Pork chops are the pride of the Virginia countryside, and we're so excited to share an easy preparation method with you so that you can enjoy them at home as well! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Add pork chops to a resealable zip lock bag or large bowl and pour the marinade over the top of the pork chops. My kids loved the sweet aspect to the sauce and devoured the pork chops. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. While we love a lean pork tenderloin or a juicy pork shoulder for barbecue, the classic pork chop is tough to beat! Tip: I have been known to double the recipe to make an extra batch of pork chop marinade. Thank YOU, Linda! I'd like to receive the free email course. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Photo: Hector Sanchez, Credit: Delicious! Here's the good news: your meat will benefit from just 1 hour of marinating; however, if you like to prep ahead, you can let the pork chops sit in your refrigerator soaking up the flavor for up to 24 hours! Remove the pork chops from the bag and discard marinade. Originally published May 22, 2018 by Blair. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Grill as desired; baste with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes. When cooked right, the seasoning mixture will practically caramelize over the chops. This dreamy pork chop marinade doubles as a flavoring agent and a finishing glaze. Cook pork chops on grill until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Chill 2 to 4 hours. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. You can also subscribe without commenting. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I use most of the same mixture, but I add Sirracha sauce to the marinade and the juice of two limes. Squeeze … I halved the sauce for just 2 chops, I think that was still a bit too much sauce. Chill 2 to 4 hours. Let rest on the counter for 1 hour, OR refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Recipe: Saucy Pork Chops With Orange Slices. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. You saved Southern Sweet Grilled Pork Chops to your. Absolutely delicious. Now before I can send you the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email to confirm your subscription. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition