Hey everybody, and welcome back to another hot and steamy installment of Will It Sous Vide?, the weekly column where you tell me what to cook with my Anova Precision Cooker. © 2013 - 2020 Anova Applied Electronics, Inc. Pre-heat the oven to 400F (do this when you set the Anova to 170F to ensure proper timing of bacon and eggs finishing together). Like the two batches before this mega batch, these eggs were transcendent. Fill and preheat your sous vide container or stock pot with water (according to SV1 specifications) to 165°F (74°C) using your VacMaster SV1. Reserve separately in sunflower oil. Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 167ºF (75ºC). Cut the heads of garlic in half and roast in the oven for 30 minutes with olive oil and salt. Step 2 In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cream. If you simply must add more dairy though, pick something salty and hard, and grate it just over the eggs just before serving, maybe with a sprinkle of fresh chives.). Finally, the big boy started to form tasty little curds, but I wasn’t sure the “squishing around with my fingers” method was properly agitating the eggs and cooking them evenly, so I opened the bag up and stirred them a bit with a silicone spatula before returning them to the bath. Then I bagged them up and threw them into a constant temperature water bath set to 75℃, pulling them out and squishing them around every five minutes or so to “scramble” them effectively. Carey is an avid #anovafoodnerd and creator of sousveats.com, a site dedicated to all things sous vide, from sharing ideas, to recipes and results. After a few attempts at scrambled eggs sous vide, my partner, Melanie, and I feel we have found our perfectly cooked eggs. This came out delicious! I didn’t have time for toast though, as I still had more egg bags to squish around. If this recipe is inappropriate or has problems, please flag it for review. discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Sous Vide food community. These sous vide scrambled eggs were inspired by an article by The Food Lab from 2009. They will be hot, so use a kitchen towel instead of your hands. Sous vide for 15 to 16 minutes, pulling the bag out every 5 minutes or so and mix it up with your hands. Pre-heat the sous vide water bath to 75° C / 167° F. Optional add-ins: fresh thyme, chopped bacon or whatever you like to add to your scrambled eggs. Return the bags to the water bath and continue to cook. Place in oven for an additional 5-7 minutes depending on desired crispiness of bacon. Blend, strain and reserve for serving.