Ingredients: 1 lemon supreme cake mix 1 large lime Jello® 1 cup orange juice 5 eggs 1 cup oil Icing: 8oz. It’s completely homemade, and perfect for any occasion! Key Limes are often used in very sweet desserts; their tartness balances out the sweetness of sugar in wonderfully unique way. Looking for an easy gift idea? Every eating event in the south has this pie on the menu. LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE RECIPE Are you infatuated with ice cream? In a separate large mixing bowl combine the butter and shortening on medium speed until nice and creamy. 3 cups cake flour, plus more for dusting . Mix orange and oil together. Make Key Lime Cup Cake 7-Up Cake Or Pound Cake Recipe 3 sticks of butter, room temperature 3 cups sugar 5 eggs, room temperature 2 tablespoons lemon extract 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour 3/4 cup 7-Up Powdered sugar, for dusting Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Please advise me on this ingredient. This is not a key lime bundt cake with lime jello. I’m always impressed with how simple you make cooking and your recipes are delicious!! Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease and flour lightly. The finishing glaze will coat your lips and take your tastebuds straight to heaven! Treat Yourself! if you’d like the cake to have some “color”, add a few drops of green food coloring. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Your pound cake will also do quite well tightly wrapped (using plastic wrap and foil), refrigerated or frozen. Here are some of my favorite Spring inspired recipes to brighten up the last of your Winter days! This Key Lime Cake is easy to make and tastes yummy. In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, water, lime juice, lime zest, jello, vegetable oil and eggs. 5 eggs Compared to a regular lime, key limes are smaller, more acidic, have a stronger citrus aroma and a thinner rind. My mother in-law makes the best smothered Turkey wings ever. Or you can serve the glaze separately by leaving the cake at room temperature unglazed. I mean, what would Grandbaby Cakes be if I didn’t know my way around cake or two? I’ve spent the better part of my life whisking bowls of batter and glazing freshly baked bundts. Simple ingredients, one bowl and a baking time long enough to take a nap, all come together to make the easiest homemade dessert ever. How to Make Key Lime Cake. Below are some of unsuspecting all- stars of this cake: Cream cheese is the difference between a dry pound cake and a moist one. I’ve found you on you tube first, i’ll follow you 4ever. Even the smallest addition of zest intensifies the lime flavors and makes your cake smell amazing! Cream … Be careful not to over beat. Add lime juice and confectioners sugar. Now it has the same flavor as a key lime pie. Not to toot my own horn, but I am a (self-appointed) Pound Cake Queen. Pour cake batter into prepared bundt pan, and bake for 1 hour and 15 -25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. One of the best pound cakes in my cake files. I adore key lime and your recipe showed up just in time for me to make and bring it to a Super Bowl party. I think that the recipe request started pouring in since the beginning of summer 2016. How many large eggs can I use in this recipe, I don’t buy medium eggs. Your email address will not be published. It also has the perfect pound cake texture. Dense yet light. Grandbaby Cakes Cookbook Blogger Tour Cake Walk and GIVEAWAY! © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Icing: Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake on serving plate for at least an hour or until the cake is cool to the touch. Mix well until smooth. Each bite is buttery, zesty, fragrant and sweet. 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 3 ounces powdered lime gelatin 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 5 large eggs, at room temperature. Put a pot of water on to boil (about six to seven cups of water). I did not deviate from the recipe, but I could barely taste the key lime. Here's the best recipe for each food (ie. Copyright ©2020, I Heart Recipes . Completely homemade and perfect for any occasion! https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/key-lime-cake-4.html Follow these step-by-step instructions to do it properly. Divide cake into three cake pans. When the cake is at room temperature, ice the cake. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well … ), THE BEST Chicken Fried Steak Recipe! Bummer, right? Big Mama would hum while I glazed then we chatted while eating a slice. This Key Lime Cake Recipe is a perfect balance of sweet and tart just like a key lime pie! She sat right up in her highchair and was stuffing her face with little cubes of it. Keep the glaze in the refrigerator to serve on the side. I didn’t see in the instructions for adding the half & half. Thank you for another great recipe. Do you lust over lobster? I’ve been getting so many request for a … Gradually add the confectioners' sugar until incorporated. Subscribe today and receive a FREE Dessert E-Book and weekly recipes! Citrus zest is full of fragrant and flavorful oil.