By using our website you consent to our Cookie Policy. a short video tutorial if you want to give it a shot yourself. Ideal for EDC can be carried as a neck-knife, boot knife or belt knife, comes with a cool sheath, Perfect as a back-up hunting knife, full tang blade design is rock solid, textured G10 handle for perfect grip, Lightweight (1.4 oz), custom-designed by Jason Brous for impeccable biomechanics, razor-sharp blade, Lots of carrying options, fits perfect in hand especially if you have small hands, My next pick is another great folding knife for everyday carry, the SOG TWI8-CP Twitch II, respectively. Engineered with precision and built to perform. I have readr reviews were people say "Good for the price".

Collectibles; ... Save sog vietnam knife to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery To give you a little bit of context, SOG is a company with roots in the military since the Vietnam war, and today SOG makes some of the best tactical knives in the industry. The full tang blade is made from high-quality 5CR15MOV steel, and the knife measures 4,8 inches in total length. SOG Zoom Spear Point Satin Plain AUS-8 Aluminum Button Lock Assisted Folder ZM1011-BX, SOG Banner Black Cerakote Plain S35VN Aluminum USA Assisted Button Lock Folder BA1001-BX, SOG PowerAccess Assist Stonewashed Compound Leverage Multi-tool PA3001-CP, SOG TAC XR Blackout Plain D2 Black G10 XR Lock Flipper 12-38-01-57, SOG Ultra XR Carbon & Gold S35VN Ultralight Carbon Fiber XR Lock Folder 12-63-02-57, SOG Zoom Spear Point Satin S30V Carbon Fiber Inlaid Aluminum Button Lock Assisted Folder ZM1018-BX, SOG Trident AT Blackout Plain PVD D2 Black GRN AT-XR Lock Assisted Folder 11-12-05-57, SOG TAC XR Blackout Serrated D2 Black G10 XR Lock Flipper 12-38-03-57, SOG Pentagon XR Black Cerakote XHP OD Green G10 XR Lock Flipper 12-61-02-57, SOG SOG-TAC Drop Point Black Plain AUS-8 Aluminium Button Lock Automatic ST-06, SOG Sync II Belt Buckle Multi-tool Gray SN1011-CP, SOG Terminus XR Satin S35VN G10/Carbon Fiber XR Lock Flipper TM1025-BX, SOG STRAT OPS Black Cerakote Plain S35VN Micarta USA Button Lock Automatic SO1001-BX, SOG Instinct Satin Clip Point G10 Fixed Blade Boot Knife NB1012-CP, SOG SEAL Pup Elite Black AUS-8 Half Serrated Clip Point Fixed Blade Knife E37T-K, SOG SEAL Pup Gray AUS-8 Half Serrated Clip Point Fixed Blade Knife M37K, SOG SEAL Bowie 2.0 Black AUS-8 Clip Point Stacked Leather Fixed Blade Knife S1T-L, SOG Tech Bowie Black AUS-8 Clip Point Black Kraton Fixed Blade Knife S10B-K, SOG Pentagon Satin AUS-8 Combo Edge Dagger Tactical Fixed Blade Knife S14-N, SOG Pillar Two-Tone S35VN Black Canvas Micarta USA Fixed Blade Field Knife UF1001-BX.

IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL STATUTES, KnifeCenter, Inc requests that you read carefully You Save = The amount of money you save buying from KnifeCenter compared to the manufacturer's suggested retail price. the blade has three different types of steel in it, being extremely sharp at the edge due to the VG-10 steel, and more flexible in the body. 11" overall, 6 1/4" blade, 1/8-1/4" thickness, Includes leather sheath with sharpening stone pocket and sharpening stone, Black coating for glare reduction and corrosion resistance. The SOG Super Bowie has a l, eather washer handle and comes with a beautiful leather sheath. Commanded by a U.S. Army Special Forces colonel, MACV-SOG was a subcomponent of MACV. Solid construction, reasonably sharp and with a little sharpening, seems to hold a good edge. Shop for Products Featured On Instagram Here, Make sure the knife is marked “Payment Plan Eligible”, The balance will be paid in two subsequent scheduled payments. ; the company was founded by Spencer Frazer, who also was the chief designer back in the day. sheepsfoot design, used in rescue knives. The blade is made from. exceptions: By signing and submitting this form, you (KnifeCenter, Inc Customer/Buyer) hereby recognize and Looking for a budget survival knife? can be tricky, but here’s the “tl;dr” version: is the most common pattern in hunting blades, while, is used in bowie knives. MACV-SOG stands Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group and it was a highly classified, multi-service United States special operations unit that conducted covert unconventional warfare operations before and during the Vietnam War. Don’t worry; I got this covered: enter SOG Pillar, the knife that Buffalo Bill would’ve used if he had the opportunity. CPM-3V is an easily sharpened, very tough, and resistant professional grade steel that is guaranteed to give you years of worry-free usage. All. I hope my article will help you. Under $250.00 - apply Price filter. S.A.T. Over $300.00 - apply Price filter. the blade has three different types of steel in it.

Good knife but the sheath is a POS. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. In case you were wondering, the SOG acronym stands for. There are many factors to consider when choosing a SOG knife, ranging from blade type to size, fixed or folding, budget, and steel quality. The full tang blade is 7.5’’ long and features a beautiful black TiNi finish, with a clip-point shape.

San Mai means there are actually 3 layers, i.e. 1988 SOG introduced its first folding knife, the Tomcat, which won Blade Magazine’s Overall Knife of the Year Award. It’s worth mentioning that Spencer took inspiration for its first knife design from the legendary US Special Ops MACV-SOG knife. though, and money is no object, look for a knife made from. Finally, natural materials such as leather, bone, and wood are the best choice for classic/traditional knives. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. MSRP = The manufacturer's suggested retail price. © 1995-2020 by Howard Korn and KnifeCenter Inc. All rights reserved. When it comes to blade finish, you can choose depending on what you like and/or what you need: titanium nitride, which is a durable black finish, extremely peel/scratch resistant and ideal for tactical blades, the satin finish, the mirror polish, the bead blasting (a non-reflective finish), and finally black oxide and black paint. to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government Aluminum looks great and has good mechanical properties, while G-10 provides arguably the best grip in the “handle material” niche. a modern take on the American Bowie knife, designed for covert ops missions in the Vietnamese jungle. First, we have the, , both made in the USA and used for their improved wear and corrosion properties, as well as toughness and edge retention. As far as outdoor knives go, the SOG Super Bowie plays with the best and it will not disappoint you if you’re into bushcraft and hunting. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. So I did some rough shaping with a belt sander, then spent a couple hours with sharpening stones. That unit was known as Military Assistance Command, Vietnam - Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG). Let’s talk a little bit about SOG’s proprietary technologies. Glove Station The Combat Military Police Outdoor Sports Tactical Rubber Hard Knuckl... Chasing Fin Adjustable Bracelet 550 Military Paracord with Fish Hook Pendant (Titan... TOUGH-GRID 750lb Black Paracord/Parachute Cord - Genuine Mil Spec Type IV 750lb Par... 5.11 Tactical Military Backpack - RUSH12 - Molle Bag Rucksack Pack, 24 Liter Small,... MASALONG Unicorn Black/White Shuangsha Series Claw Knife (Unicorn(3) Blue). As far as tactical folders go, this baby plays with the best, at least in my opinion. SOG was named in honor of a covert US Special Ops unit that fought in Vietnam. The steel seems to be good and I like the design, but the factory grind is poor. This was the first of the numerous awards SOG received for innovative products and ideas. View cart for details. I wrote to the seller and was told to keep the knife and then received a new one shortly after that, really good service on their part. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. If you want to buy the best SOG knife to fit your specific purpose, you must learn a few tricks: first, the best SOG knife in the world is the one you carry, i.e., you must go for the one that suits your needs. The full tang blade is 7.5’’ long and features a beautiful black TiNi finish, with a clip-point shape. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. After careful research, I’ve compiled this article on the, So, if SOG knives are good enough for the Navy Seals, they are good enough for you, right? KnifeCenter, Inc will not sell automatic opening knives to any customer unless such sale or receipt See a knife you really want, but can’t shell out the cash all at once? Bark River Knives: MACV SOG Recondo. SOG is currently focusing on crafting folding pocket knives and fixed blades for EDC and everyday use. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Columbia or the government of an State or Territory, or any county, city or other political Category. Overall though the knife looks like a solid winner. blade type to size, fixed or folding, budget, and steel quality. The SOG Creed is built to please aficionados outdoors, and makes for an interesting mix of affordability, balance, and comfort, being large and tough enough for heavy-duty jobs, not to mention its crazy sharp blade with excellent edge retention. If the price doesn’t scare you away, the SOG Pillar is an. This is the definition of a mini full-tang belt knife, a tiny tactical knife with a sheath that can be easily concealed basically anywhere. To give you a little bit of context, SOG is a company with roots in the military since the Vietnam war, and today SOG makes. The new bevel is 1/8" wide, and now it is sharp. , as it’s basically indestructible and the weapon of choice of Seal operatives, or so I’m told. The blade is made from CPM S35VN steel, and you’ll definitely love the micarta handle and the versatile Kydex sheath. I will start the show with a SOG knife that plays in the best bang for the buck category, the improbably named Flash II tanto knife. SOG knives are carried with confidence into the most demanding situations from everyday carry to hunting and outdoor adventuring and beyond. Bark River 10-156M-GC MacV SOG Recondo CPM154 Green Hunting Fixed Blade Knife To begin with, the SOG Trident is massively cool, provided that’s a factor in your buying decision, and it’s ideal for self-defense, being designed to be the only EDC knife you’ll ever need.