Facebook | Twitter | Youtube   Pinterest | Instagram  Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. That should be ok. Just use a neutral oil so that the flavor doesn’t come through. « Small-batch Chocolate Cookies With Oreos and Andes. Servings (Hover or Click to Change Yield): measured using the spoon and sweep method and divided. I have to tell you that these are some of the best and easiest vanilla cupcakes I have ever made. Be sure to use properly softened butter where called for. One likes chocolate chips, one likes butterscotch, one wants a raspberry jam swirl, and one wants sprinkles. While milk and butter rests, sift together flour, baking powder and fine sea salt. (Just me? Cupcakes are small, only 2-3 bites. Yuuuuuuus, it’s the return of the small … Whatever route you decide to go with your cupcakes, you won’t be disappointed. YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: SMALL BATCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Top with sprinkles, if desired. To be honest, as much as I love baking cakes, it can be tedious and time-consuming. Your email address will not be published. Small Batch Cupcake Recipe – An easy and delicious recipe for 5 vanilla cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream frosting. No problem! Small-batch Vanilla Cupcakes Preheat your oven to 375°F and line your cupcake pan with 6 liners. Beat on medium speed for several minutes, until light and fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If you’ve tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it was! We had fun baking and decorating them without ending up with a huge project on our hands, and they are delicious! Sometimes you just need a cupcake. For those times when you need a little sweet pick me up, look no further. I always use muffin cases for my cupcakes and this recipe will make six large cupcakes. Peek-a-Boo Pound Cake with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting. Add dry ingredients and blend until you no longer see streaks of butter, about 50-ish strokes. Sometimes you just need a cupcake. No box mixes here. Your email address will not be published. This is life, friends. It doesn’t get much better. Luci’s Morsels | fashion. Butter that is too cold could result in your cupcakes sinking and melty butter can result in flatter, possibly oily cupcakes. And since we don’t really need a reason to make these, I whip these up more often than I’d like to admit. PRO TIP: Set your cupcakes on a rimmed baking sheet or plate so extra sprinkles are contained. A Canadian treat that everyone should try, these EASY Canadian Butter Tarts consist of a flaky crust filled with a buttery, caramel-like, gooey center! Learn how your comment data is processed. Thank you so much for making it a small batch recipe, as we don’t need a full dozen when we make cupcakes. They're perfect for birthdays, welcome-to-the … Line a muffin tin with 5 cupcake liners, or spray 5 cups with non-stick spray. If you want to republish a recipe, please re-write it in your own words, or link back to my post for the recipe. Especially with kids! Set aside. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes so the butter further softens. CLICK: 7 Days to Being a Better Home Cook! Required fields are marked *. Black Bean Brownies are delicious, rich gluten free brownies. Line muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners. All ingredients in house, makes 5, just enough, uses few dishes, no burned edges, no sticking, aaaand tastes great. Batch #2 (left) used 3/4 cup whole milk and sifted cake flour. Serve vanilla ice cream or caramel sauce. And sometimes, you just don’t need a whole cake. Since they’re flourless brownies and the black beans are full of fiber, this is actually a healthy brownie recipe! Sign up HERE! Divide the batter evenly between 5 muffin cups (each cup will be between 2/3 and 3/4 full). Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes are unbelievably easy to make and the perfect portion for when you want a sweet treat but don’t need the full dozen. Add vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of milk. Well done. Vanilla Cupcakes: Recipe Disasters Here are two cupcake prototypes from my recipe testing. ). Set aside. If you are customizing, I like to top each cupcake with the same ingredient that is in it to make them easily recognizable. I like to call it cupcake customization. Guinness and Irish Chedddar Macaroni & Cheese, Espresso Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies, Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Homemade Strawberry Syrup, Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows & Streusel, The cupcakes taste amazing – they’re loaded with vanilla, No extra cupcakes sitting around to tempt you. When cool, frost and decorate as desired. Why? You can brag about making them from scratch. Stir well, mixture will be lumpy. Another quick and easy small batch recipe – small batch vanilla cupcakes! Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. Cool completely before frosting. In a medium bowl combine butter and sugar and using a handheld electric mixer, cream … Small-batch cupcakes Vanilla Cupcakes are just enough. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test. Small batch cupcakes recipes! And do you know the best part? A simple and delicious batch of 5 vanilla cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream frosting. Join me on a culinary journey. Also try our Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes! Cake, topped with frosting and sprinkles is a necessity in my world, and it should be in yours too. Filter through hundreds of recipes to find the specific meal. Remove muffins right when they start to brown, overcooking can lead to rubbery cake. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Want to top these with Strawberry Frosting, check out this recipe (cut it in half). (Don’t laugh, it’s true.). Fair warning, it’s messy but oh so yummy. These Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes are an adapted version of my Vanilla Cupcakes. My family goes crazy for these. CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS! This recipe works best with whole milk or 2%milk since it has a higher fat content. Add the vanilla extract and the butter and whisk until combined. By melting the butter with the milk in the microwave, you skip the pot you have to watch like a hawk on the stove as well as the time it takes for butter to soften on the counter. Small batch vanilla cupcakes are great for those days when you need a quick hit of sugar but don’t want all of the hullabaloo that goes along with baking a cake. At the very least, you are using a bunch of different bowls, the stove, the oven, spatulas, and more. This small batch vanilla cupcake recipe will have you diving in to a perfect vanilla cupcake in no time. Your email address will not be published. Great recipe. Traditional Easy Apple Crisp made with an oat topping. Home » Recipes » Desserts » Cakes + Cupcakes » Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes, There are days, you know the kind, where there is a three-alarm fire kind of craving in your brain for sweets. If you want a larger cupcake, use the same standard muffin tin, but only make 4 and bake for 1-2 minutes longer. Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post! Frost the cupcakes using a butter knife. Jessica is a contributor to PopKitchen by Parade, Better Homes & Gardens, The Daily Meal Food + Travel and more! For those times that you’re craving a cupcake, you need a quick dessert, or you’re baking for just a few people – this is the recipe to have at the ready. Jessica the mom, wife and food lover behind Savory Experiments. If the frosting appears too thick, add an additional teaspoon of milk, if it appears too thin add a little more powdered sugar. I tried it out . Be careful not to fully melt it though. Maybe you want a little treat for the kiddos (or hubby) on the counter when they get home. VIDEO below! Top with sprinkles if desired, and enjoy! Tasteful theme by Restored 316. I love decorating sugar cookie cutouts, but the time it takes to make the dough, chill, roll, bake, cool, frost and then finally get to decorating is just too much! Copyright © 2020 Savory Experiments, All Rights Reserved. They are soft, moist, and flavorful. Preheat oven to 350°F. Love these little vanilla bombs! While this recipe is great for those days when our brain is pestering us for something sweet, but it works in other scenarios as well. A pinch of sprinkles here, a smattering of chips there, and if you go for the swirl, create a little divot in the frosting and fill it with jam. Small Batch Cupcake Recipe – An easy and delicious recipe for 5 vanilla cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream frosting. Half a dozen cupcakes seemed like the perfect magic number so I built things around that. If you plan on spreading your frosting with a knife rather than piping, cut the buttercream recipe in half. Add the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until combined (being careful not to overmix). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Hmm… I’m not quite sure what that has to do with vanilla cupcakes, but avocado is a natural healthy fat so it can take the place of oils and butter and also add creaminess. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. frivolity. Heat milk in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Proper flour measuring: Fluff the flour with your measuring cup to lighten it. Snap a pic and hashtag it #SavoryExperiments— We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes are unbelievably easy to make and the perfect portion for when you want a sweet treat but don’t need the full dozen. Makes 4 cupcakes in less than 30 minutes – perfect for celebrations! As the year 2020 progresses, we are baking a lot more with our kids. Three eggs aren’t easy to halve! Contributor to PopKitchen by Parade, Better Homes & Gardens, The Daily Meal Food + Travel and more! No giant cake lingering on the counter beckoning to you at 10 pm to have at it with a fork. For more information, please see my Privacy Policy. Small batch vanilla cupcakes are great for … All you have to do is drop a bit of each into each cupcake cup and give it a quick stir. , Your email address will not be published. For me, that craving typically involves cake. She is obsessed with butter, salt and bacon and spends all her time in the kitchen and behind a camera.