The whole small batch thing suits me perfectly. Your email address will not be published. Wow you were right Lynn, we are thinking alike today! Here's a blast from the past, a genuine grown-up Easter Egg! In this day and age, we just don’t have the luxury of setting aside an afternoon or day to process a bushel of anything. I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of small batch canning, it's a great way to use up a few leftover goodies before they go bad. You are a busy girl with all the canning you are doing. This recipe is already written for half pint jars. Good. I'm Katherine and I live in Brooklyn. If you want to can it in even smaller ones, you certainly could. I love making tiny batches of jam (I often wish I could write a second volume of Preserving by the Pint, because I so enjoy developing small, quick preserving recipes). I also had just a few peaches and apricots, but alas, while I saved the peaches by slicing them with sugar to have over pancakes or ice cream, the apricots bit the dust. Thanks so much for this recipe!! Last year I was a canning Newbee! Here's a super simple 20 minute fall craft that you don't even need a sewing machine to make. Twice. Oh boy, I love homemade jam! The air plant workshop was significant because: The workshop was a success and I even talked to three different people, and then we got to take home an air plant of our choice and a holder. !XXOO Diane. I can make two half pint jars and get cleaned up in about an hour and depending on how much jam your family eats, you might be able to just store it in the fridge and save the processing time! I've seen them at Walmart and supermarkets. Last night I took an air plant workshop at The Sill in the Lower East Side. Remove from heat, put into serialized jars, add lids and process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Any unsealed jars should be refrigerated and used promptly. Simmer until thick (12-18 minutes, depending on the height of the heat and the width of your pan). I love to make homemade jam's. I would love to add another of your books to my book shelf! When the time is up, remove the jars and set them on a folded kitchen towel to cool. I have been loving my new small batch process, thanks to your blog. You can either process it, or funnel it into a jar, pop it in the fridge, and eat it until it is gone. Sealed jars can be stored at room temperature for up to a year. You make it so simple! Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to medium. Prepare a boiling water bath canner and three half pint jars. And the tablecloth is charming! Great idea! Going to try that out with this next batch. I’ve just now made one change, though. 479. Stir it constantly with a rubber spatula so that it doesn't stick to the sides. Once opened, refrigerate. Waste not want not right? That looks like a great recipe..love nectarines! Thanks for sharing. BTW, I linked to you on my blueberry cobbler post since we made the day lili ice cream to go with it. I think I could deal with "small batch" canning. Looks scrumptious! Lynn -- how clever of you to can in small batches -- using up all your bits and pieces -- this is exactly what I need these days -- not the tons and tons I used to can when all the kids were at home ;)Blessings!Gail, Hi lovely lady.Lynn. I may have to start again! You grab a jar and head west, I'll grab some biscuits and head east, and I'll meet you somewhere in the middle of PA for a pig out. I far prefer sun ripened, … 1 1/3 C chopped fruit (approx 3 nectarines or peaches). Thanks for this tip. After 10-15 minutes, the jam will thicken. I'm constantly searching farmer's markets for certain varieties that I don't have and my window sill is covered with tiny pots and cute baby plants. Can I Loe Temp Pastuize a cucumberjelly using this method? Baked Bean Casserole-A Trisha Yearwood Recipe, Free Barbie Clothes Patterns-Pants, Skirt and T-Shirt, Easy 5 Minute Chef's Hat and Apron for Barbie, Hooded Cape/Poncho for Barbie -Free Pattern, Tutorial, No Sew Option, Strapless Barbie Dress with or without Apron/Peplum-For Any Occasion -DIY, Bread and Butter Jalapeno Pickles-Refrigerator Pickles, Sweet and Sour Beef Stew -Instant Pot Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker, Maryann Roy -Neo-Retro Furnishings & Set Design in 1:6 scale, Barbie Doll, friends and family history and news. And since this was just for me, I didn't bother peeling them. Thanks for the recipe. It's currently sitting on my window sill and I hope it feels the love from the others! I prefer low/no sugar pectin and then just adding some sugar to it. I’d love to capture that in a jar. Thanks a Latte' for linking up to the Canning Week Blog Party! They arrived in a cute little box and colorful tiny pots. And this week, i found a recipe of the scaled down Ball recipe for dill spears, making three pints that are just barely filled. Add water and lemon juice. You can easily store this in the fridge and save the processing time. Saved by Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours. Easy. They are from embyquinn . Bring the mixture to a boil and add in star anise, cinnamon sticks, and ground nutmeg. (And believe me, forty to forty-five years ago, as the eldest sibling of six, my Mom and I did just that.). My old water bath canner was really too big for my electric range, so I bought a big stock pot and silicone trivet after seeing it on your blog.