Add the crushed graham crackers to the pan of melted butter. This post was first published on February 9, 2018 and was updated November 16, 2019 with new pictures and more recipe details. I am always looking for a recipe challenge. She loves Jesus, writing, baking with her kids, learning about herbs, homeopathy, and flower essences, and her animals, including her 45 backyard chickens. They will keep at room temperature for 4-5 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week. Once the graham cracker crust is made, you can add the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut in any order you'd like! Chopped walnuts – you don’t have to use walnuts, feel free to substitute your favorite nut. There was a chocolate one and a prune I think one.
This magic cookie bar recipe is one of the easiest Christmas cookies you can make. Learn how your comment data is processed. Both pecans and … I bet you will  have a hard time resisting these little bars of deliciousness. I made it over the weekend and it turned out great! Messy, gooey, vicious-looking but scrumptious, these bars are closely related to chocolate chip M&M cookies, only much easier to make in sheet-pan form. Looks so yummy! My magic cookie bars came out super soft and smooshy. I’m a huge coconut and nut fan, so having coconut and nuts in this recipe is a big deal! These 7 layer bars have been a favorite dessert of mine since I was 5 years old. Then sprinkle the coconut and nuts on. Using a spoon, mix the graham cracker crumbs into the butter. A graham cracker crumb crust is topped with layers of chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, and chopped nuts. Seven layer bars are a delightfully sweet, chewy bar dessert. Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the “Pro Tips” to create the best 7-layer bars.

The butter ratio of mine looks off (they’re just out of the oven so they haven’t cooled yet), but I had puddles of butter bubbling up—ended up sopping it up with a paper towel. Did you mean 1/2 stick or 1/2 cup (I read it to mean 1/2 cup so I used a whole stick). It was not looking good and I was on the verge of a breakdown. Before layering the magic cookie bars into your pan, put … 9 Comments. Great job with these 7 Layer Bars. Can’t wait to try these out on the family! We make memories many ways -the linger of a touch, a taste, a kiss, a flavor. Now I think I will try to make them and leave out the nuts. These seven layer magic bars actually came about because I needed an quick and easy “thank-you” treat to give to one of our new neighbors last week. Sprinkle the butterscotch & chocolate chips over next. After a good bit of time searching and asking neighbors if they had seen her, it had gotten dark. Bake. Perfect for a holiday treat. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I have always loved these but cannot eat them anymore because of the nuts. Sign up below to become a part of the Salt & Baker community! A traditional 7 layer bar also includes nuts like pecans or walnuts. Did you finish the recipe? A buttery graham cracker crust is topped layers of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, chopped nuts, and then finished off with a blanket of sweetened condensed milk. If I’m very quiet, I can bring back the smell and feeling, if only for a moment, and smile. I even include a gluten-free magic cookie bars recipe below (it’s SUPER easy). Hi, I’m Cynthia McCloud Woodman. I’ve walked that line already, folks. I was so thankful to them for finding her!

I skipped adding the nuts to these due to an allergy, but the crunchy nut layer adds so much to a magic cookie bar. What the world needs now is…Seven Layer Bars. For the final layer, pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the entire top. We like these bars best chilled, but you can keep them at room temperature if you prefer. Seven Layer Bars are mouth-wateringly delicious with chewy chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, graham, and more. Someone told me to try adding chopped pretzels in place of the nuts. And don’t miss out on more delicious recipes! Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. These 7 layer bars are so easy to make. One of the great things about this Christmas dessert recipe is it’s easy to make your own magic cookie bar variations. Let the bars cool completely before lifting them out with the parchment paper and slicing them into squares. Yes, we've ensured that this variation does, in fact, have seven layers. I used to love these! Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party.

Place the butter in a 9" x 13" inch pan. Please do not use my images without prior permission. **. Enjoy! Cool completely and cut into bars. Mine looks nothing like your pic so I got on here to check the comments. Thanks-Linda. I use peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch chips and leave coconut out. This is the first recipe for 7 Layer Bars that I have heard the nuts are optional. So tasty! Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil, spray lightly with cooking spray, and set aside. Once the bars are set, eat and enjoy! My daughter loves these and I am sure they will turn out delicious! We looked for her all over the house, in the backyard, inside of closets, even under all the beds, even though she’s too much of a chunky monkey to fit under any of them! It should just cover the bottom. Glad you love the recipe! Your email address will not be published. Keywords: Christmas cookies, Christmas dessert, magic cookie bars, gluten-free Christmas cookies. Magic Bars include something for everyone and that’s part of their appeal.

. Simple holistic wellness, easy recipes, homemade products, kids activities, support for autism moms.

By Ashlyn Edwards — September 7, 2016, Updated December 13, 2019 125 Comments. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "livingwellmom-20"; These are my favorite but I’ve never figured out how to make them (for fear I’d eat them all!).
There aren’t actually seven layers, but rather, 7 ingredients are used to make them. For more information view our. If you have a nut allergy, forgo this step. Yep, these are bars what is going to bridge the country’s divide. I let mine cool at room temp for a bit, then pop it into the fridge to speed up the setting process. Repeat. You might also know these bars by their many other names that include: Paula Deen Seven Layer Bars, Guilt-Free Seven Layers Bars (NOT! A slight oversight with the photos. 7 Layer Bars have always been a classic, go-to treat in our home. If you want the coconut to be toasted, place it on right before drizzling the condensed milk.

Why was 1 cup not enough, Linda? Required fields are marked *. Thanks for helping me remember to make a batch.