Surprised that General Porpoise took the top spot? But on the inside, it’s a well-designed little space perfect for escaping when you want to make some headway on your to-do list. Also, the proximity to Bait Shop is ideal when happy hour is necessary post-hustle. Related Searches. I obviously couldn’t visit them all, but after cross-checking recommendations from The Stranger, Eater, Thrillist, and Sprudge, I had a handful of must-visit coffee shops around downtown and central Seattle. Here’s where to grab a cup of coffee and some good food while you’re at it. It is, after all, one of the city’s specialty coffee pioneers. We had: Beast Blend (by Slate Coffee Roasters). Fremont Coffee Company is perfect for when you really want to work from home, but you need to actually leave the house in order to get anything done. If you’re thinking of visiting the Starbucks Reserve Roastery, go have a look and then drink your coffee here at Victrola! 13 great Downtown restaurants for your next lunch meeting. I stopped in today and am happy to report I had an amazing experience. If it’s nice out, sit near the patio so you can get a good view of the Space Needle. But I also want to make sure it does well. Excellent information will arrive in your inbox soon. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}. It's funny bc mall coffee shops usually have good baristas. The service is always okay, they offer the same beverages as other locations, and a mix of pastry and breakfast items like most coffeehouses.Since it's at the Clackamas Town Center food court, I'm surprised to see they still open so early. contained half a dozen smiling Starbucks baristas chatting with each other as they brewed pour-overs. This place is tiny, but there are window-facing bar seats if you like working while people-watching, a back room full of tables for the heads-down crowd, and if you’re lucky enough to find it unoccupied, a micro-loft with string lights and a sofa. We had:  Third Coast Blend (by Madcap Coffee). We passed by it in the morning, since we were staying at an Airbnb in Capitol Hill, and that New Coffee Smell (they opened in May 2017) easily lured us in. They’ve got a rather substantial menu for food and booze, too, but all on the pricey side. Great location, awesome espresso, a nice constant buzz of other working humans, and a communal table with enough room for you, your laptop, and your massive mug of liquid life: Victrola in Capitol Hill checks all the boxes. We use cookies to personalize content and advertisements, provide social media features, We’re not going to send you to places like the Starbucks Reserve where you can get swallowed up by loud tourists knocking back coffee flights as you pay seven dollars for a carbonated mint cold brew that will give you heart palpitations and murder your productivity. Additionally, Starbucks coffee is almost hilariously expensive for how bad it is, and for how many other coffees there are to drink. eating well. There was only one barista whom James felt to be “slightly condescending”, and this was when the shop was nearly empty with no crowds to contend with. It’s small, it has a garage door, it’s smack in the middle of a random part of West Seattle, and it shares a building with a barbershop. But if you’re not a 9-to-5’er at Microsoft, Amazon, Boeing, Nordstrom, Expedia, Costco, Zillow, or (insert Fortune 500 software giant here), you’re probably a freelancer. What to order this Thanksgiving if you don’t want to cook. Haha I’ve actually left out all the tasting notes, I think that would be a bit too much You’ll definitely make it there one day! This gave James and I enough time to still actually explore attractions like Pike Place Market, eat actual food, and throw in some impromptu tastings! There are a lot of seats, baguette sandwiches, and if you can’t type one word without a latte in you, the matcha one is great. Luckily, Elm Coffee has a nice big marble bar where you can drink a latte. National Coffee Day: 11 of Seattle's favorite coffee shops for a cup of Joe Espress yo-self. The best part is that if you need a break, there’s a three-mile lakeside walk outside the door. Their espresso is from Caffe Vita (which means it’s great), and you won’t have to worry about starving yourself in order to power through the entire day - they have paninis, avocado toast, and pastries galore, plus beer and wine to either reward yourself afterwards, or boost your creativity before you get down to business. Seattle’s coffee history probably started with one sleepy guy who needed a really well-crafted latte to get his serotonin on the upswing, since from October to May, we all live in a gray wasteland of rain, fog, and tech companies. We’re always looking to make The Infatuation the best platform to find restaurants, and we appreciate your feedback! seattle's best coffee biñan • seattle's best coffee biñan photos • seattle's best coffee biñan location • seattle's best coffee biñan address • Inspired designs on t-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and more by independent artists and designers from around the world. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. Download The Infatuation app. Not going to return. Absolutely loved how you reported in detail all the coffee types you had. Delivery & Pickup Options - 6 reviews of Seattle's Best Coffee "This SBC is apparently a franchised location. I love it and I want it to stay just they way it is! The baristas at Elm take their coffee brewing seriously, so much so that we were even served sparkling water to cleanse our palates before tasting the brews. We typically try to avoid superlatives, but Vivace probably makes the best espresso in the city. Besides just enjoying the coffee, we also spoke to the baristas whenever possible and soaked in the ambience since we’re tourists as well as coffee geeks. Sadly, the outlet we visited on E Pine St has since closed, though there’s another on 12th Ave that looks more spacious. Plus, if you’ve been working so hard that you’ve really let yourself go, you can always pop in next door for a haircut. My cup from Colombia was sweet and floral, while James’s Kenya Nyeri leapt out with its fruity citrus notes – almost as if General Porpoise had dunked one of its lemon curd doughnuts into the cup (and yes, the doughnuts are to die for.) "I have only been ordering online due to all of the negative reviews. Your go-to sidewalk espresso hut definitely doesn’t have that. Get a personal hot kettle, or a glass of hibiscus-mint iced tea lemonade (air conditioning in liquid form). The rude employee who was the issue is no longer there. There’s no silent rule in here or anything, but you probably won’t want to carry on a loud conversation. At this outpost my cappuccino was invigorating; the Panama Suarez had lovely berry notes with a clean finish, and the friendly baristas were happy to geek out with James since it wasn’t too busy. The calm, muted interior of the Roastery & Café on East Pike allowed us to focus on the drinks and the makers; since we were spoiled for choice with the beans available, the baristas patiently described each one so that we could decide what to order – all without dumbing down their explanations. I usually get the hot chocolate here because Seattle's Best makes it with whipped cream, mini milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate shavings on top. It’s the kind of place that puts a lot of care into their coffee - they’ll even replace your ristretto shot for free when you drop it all over the sidewalk (this has certainly not happened to us). Also important: they have coffee soft serve. La Marzocco Cafe is a huge garage space that doubles as the headquarters for KEXP radio, so the soundtrack you hear while you’re typing away is actually the live radio show in the room over. Latte flat and not made correct at all. The music isn’t too loud, the baristas are actually nice to you, and the upstairs balcony bar is the perfect spot to sit with a mug of chai and a slice of creme fraiche coffee cake and finally finish that piece on great coffee shops to get work done in Seattle. Enter their emails below and we’ll make sure they’re Frappuccino, anyone? Child-friendly low shelf displays of Starbucks-branded paraphernalia littered the entrance of this tourist attraction; further back a large roaster stood on show, surrounded by sightseers, while the coffee bar (enclosure?) We had: Gravitas III espresso + Affogato, Congo Nitro float, Colombia Geisha on Clover, [hygge_blog title=”More on the USA” posts=”4″ style=”widget-list” category=”usa” sort_by=”rand” sort_order=”DESC” ads=”0″], That’s it: a handful of Seattle’s best coffee shops and what I thought of them. The girls that are there now or very friendly and consistent. . Go to Appearance > Customize > Subscribe Pop-up to set this up. 1 other review that is not currently recommended, Find more Cafes near Seattle's Best Coffee, Find more Coffee & Tea near Seattle's Best Coffee. It’s an old rickety house with a porch, hodgepodge seating arrangements, carpets, and really good coffee. Contact the business for more information about recent service changes. Thanks to the green mermaid and the constant need for a rainy day pick-me-up, Seattle is one of the world’s top coffee cities…But I know that locals can get rather attached to their favorite coffee places. It’s inside Elliott Bay Book Company, but removed from the bookcase-perusing action so you won’t get distracted. Union Coffee keeps things simple. We don’t judge - whatever gets your word count up. The espresso options are complex and delicious, and there are a bunch of tasty pastries available, too. Zoka has a very delicious lavender mocha that will kickstart your productivity. 2 coffee hunters. Read our. We had: Kenya Nyeri, Streamline espresso blend. Maybe coffee’s not your thing. Although Stumptown isn’t a native Seattle coffee brand, I visited anyway just to have a taste. Anything else to note about them right now? Here’s where. The music isn’t too loud, the baristas are actually nice to you, and the upstairs balcony bar is the perfect spot to sit with a mug of chai and a slice of creme fraiche coffee cake and finally finish that piece on great coffee shops to get work done in Seattle. Edit.css-1mpk29p{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(43,39,60,1);}.css-1mpk29p::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1mpk29p::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1mpk29p svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. It seems this successful Portland, OR transplant gets a fair bit of hate from locals, which just proves my point about being attached to your favorite coffee place. If you do come here, try to get a seat at the bar – that’s where all the action is! If you’re not caught here during one of their movie screening/life-drawing/game night events, it’s actually a surprisingly peaceful spot to grab an iced mocha and get through your workload. Upgrade to Chrome and start finding Restaurants. Drop us a line and let us know where you’d like us to go next. The windows let a ton of light in, the artwork is nice to look at, and the baristas bring your coffee to you wherever you decide to sit. Turns out, I liked it better than some of the more popular coffee shops in Seattle: the crew was happy to pull a single shot for us even though their standard is doubles. by Christina Ausley, SeattlePI. I didn’t expect too much from the coffee since it didn’t seem to be the focus, but it tasted quite pleasant: strong blackforest notes and a lingering chocolate finish.