She said she was ill.: We use: tell + clause when we include a pronoun such as me, him, us, etc. Satisfy All Rights Reserved. Remember the following idioms, proverbs and sayings with tell and say: He who says what he likes, shall hear what he does not like. Jolly Lodger Gloria Hallelujah    Size: Fredericka the Great See all reported speech exercises here. Unkempt ID: 325006 Language: English School subject: English language Grade/level: Elemetary Age: 10-16 Main content: Grammar Other contents: Say vs tell Add to my workbooks (0) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom 70 If you see a message asking for permission to access the microphone, please allow. Indie Flower This is a worksheet for teaching reporting verbs at pre-intermediate level. Look at the top of your web browser. say or tell. px, Please allow access to the microphone Fredoka One 22 Unkempt Remember the following phrases with direct object after tell: tell the future (= to know what the future will bring), tell the time (= know how to read a clock), tell apart (=to be able to see the difference between two things/people). Luckiest Guy Luckiest Guy Satisfy Sacramento Comic Neue Black Ops One Some of the worksheets displayed are Say and tell exercise, Say and tell, 1 use the correct form of say speak tell and talk to, The tell tale heart, In company pre intermediate resource materials 17a say, Differences between say speak and talk, Show dont tell, Sample lesson for show not tell show not tell quick. Bubblegum Sans You need to be logged in to download this file. Just Me Again Down Here 36 13 Did you tell him? Misused verbs. Chewy 16 8 If you see a message asking for permission to access the microphone, please allow. Say vs. Tell - worksheet [will be updated soon] contains thorough explanations on the use of the two words, a list of set expressions, proverbs and sayings, three exercises and an answer key. 32 Dancing Script Ribeye Marrow say. Henny Penny Welcome! Membership is free! Annie Use Your Telescope Check my answers Love Ya Like A Sister Comic Neue ID: 325135 Language: English School subject: English language Grade/level: Elementary Age: 10-16 Main content: Grammar Other contents: Say vs tell Add to my workbooks (4) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom Do you need help? She didn’t say what she intended to do. 28 Annie Use Your Telescope Lobster Two Finally, watch the video and read the lyrics. Email my answers to my teacher, Font: Schoolbell Look at the top of your web browser. Shadows Into Light Two 14 Mistakes are common when there are no exact equivalents in your native language, or when rules on usage differ. Yanone Kaffeesatz VT323 80 60 Say, tell, speak and talk are four very similar words that can be difficult to use correctly in English! Lobster Two Rancho Freckle Face Rock Salt Fontdiner Swanky 28 16 Grand Hotel Open Sans Check my answers 12 says. Mountains of Christmas Gurmukhi He told me (that) he was ill.: We use: say + clause. Jan 13 3 That ....., they walked out of … Gochi Hand We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. 10 told. Lobster Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. Neucha Aldrich Oswald Freckle Face tell. Love Ya Like A Sister Amatic SC 32 Escolar Reenie Beanie Confused verbs in English Say Vs Tell. Need more practice? Cherry Cream Soda Boogaloo She told me (that) she was ill.: We use: say + something + to somebody. Fredericka the Great Gloria Hallelujah 24 – Choose the correct answer. 60 Chewy Creepster Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'Say & Tell'. Orbitron Creepster Baloo Paaji Kranky I told David about it. Gurmukhi Let’s look at the differences between say, tell, speak and talk by explaining how each word is used separately. Copyright © 2020 Language Avenue. Russo One Say, tell, speak, talk- confusing verbs exercises. 2 I've ..... you not to do that many times before. Fredoka One Email my answers to my teacher, Font: Bangers Download Say vs. Tell worksheet. Crafty Girls 20 Special Elite Architects Daughter p. He said he had to delay the meeting until next week. Bubblegum Sans Say vs. Tell. m.Don’t tell me what to do! tells. 11 Check that you have at least 6 different expressions with SAY and TELL: * Answers below. Showing top 8 worksheets in the category - Say Vs Tell. 9 Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.contact … 36 10 Indie Flower Black Ops One Pernament Marker 50 80 Close. Special Elite Pacifico She said (that) she didn’t trust me any more. 14 Kranky Listen a second time and try to write down any expressions that you hear with SAY and TELL. 13 Ribeye Marrow Purchase photocopiable PDF Purchase photocopiable PDF Please choose the most appropriate answer for each sentence. This is a free intermediate English grammar quiz and esl worksheet. 50 Russo One Escolar Open Sans o. Paul was telling them about his jouney but nobody was listening to him. Kalam Pernament Marker 18 q. Ann and Joe aren’t talking to … Covered By Your Grace There are 3 different activities in which students are asked to complete the sentences with said or told, complete with the right form of say or tell and circle the right item. It can be used by teachers for their classrooms or as a self-study tool. Gochi Hand English language > Grammar > Say vs tell, What do you want to do? Cherry Cream Soda Yanone Kaffeesatz Aldrich @LanguageAvenue. Exercise 2: Look at the sentences below, which of the two options is correct? No sign-up required. 6349. say or tell?? Ubuntu Tell, say: We use: tell + somebody. Boogaloo VT323 Pacifico Neucha Architects Daughter Pinyon Script Live worksheets > English > Coming Soon Say can be followed by a direct object that can be expressed by: b) an object clause with or without conjunction that: Both say and tell can be followed by an indirect object, but after say indirect object is used with preposition to, and after tell indirect object is always used without preposition. Jolly Lodger 20 1 I dare ..... you're right. Patrick Hand We can’t hear you here at the back. She said hello to me. Kalam Reenie Beanie Fontdiner Swanky 40 Are you sure you want to say so much about us? Arial 24 By clicking "Accept & Close", you agree to our use of cookies. 70 22 Arial I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. Task No. It can be used by teachers for their classrooms or as a self-study tool. Can you Shadows Into Light Two n. Please speak up! Schoolbell told. 12 Say and tell have the same meaning: to utter, to pronounce in words, to communicate, to inform. Ubuntu Lobster    Size: 11 Patrick Hand Henny Penny 18 9 Coming Soon Covered By Your Grace Now take some quizzes to check you knowledge of say and tell: Study more rules on the differences between say and tell: Say vs. Tell - worksheet [will be updated soon] contains thorough explanations on the use of the two words, a list of set expressions, proverbs and sayings, three exercises and an answer key. Pinyon Script Welcome to Perfect English Grammar!. 8 Exo 2 px, Please allow access to the microphone Just Me Again Down Here Crafty Girls Bangers saying. However, they are used in different grammatical constructions. Mountains of Christmas 40 1. a) He told that he loves chocolate. Baloo Paaji Oswald Amatic SC Rock Salt English language > Grammar > Say vs tell 2, What do you want to do? Grand Hotel Close. Rancho Live worksheets > English > said. Sacramento Dancing Script Orbitron Exo 2