This touching ballad, written by songwriter Amanda McBroom, was the title track to the 1979 film ``The Rose,'' starring Bette Midler. becoming me who am wonderful. The single was certified Gold by the RIAA for over a half million copies sold in the United States. Bette Midler made the song famous when she recorded it for her 1979 film The Rose, in which it plays during the closing credits. It’s super easy, we promise! The ending theme song sung by Miyako Harumi is titled "Ai wa Hana, Kimi wa sono Tane" (愛は花、君はその種子, "Love is a flower, you are the seed"), a Japanese translation of Amanda McBroom's composition "The Rose".[28]. ", McBroom's composition was one of seven songs selected by Midler from thirty song possibilities proffered by Paul A. Rothchild, the producer of The Rose soundtrack album. This song has resonated with me for a long time - it is interesting actually because I think it is connecting to some inner part of the human psyche. But thank you for your perspective! I want to see the world stained with you. There are two mixes of the song. Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed (4-5). Always be with you, coming true for dream, Don’t have an account? I say love, I say love, I say love, During the episode, the Griffin family (except Stewie) sings the song as a family road trip song. I've heard that word misused a thousand times before. (I say love, I say love, I say love, forever.), To enable, May I get me cosmic axsis? "The Rose" was covered by Irish boy band Westlife and was released as the first and only single from their seventh studio album The Love Album (2006). Said McBroom: "'The Rose' is ... just one verse [musically] repeated three times. PLVTINUM Lyrics "Drunk Enough To Say That I Love You" I think I'm drinking too much lately I'm sick of dancing on my own I think I'm falling for you baby, take me home (take me home) I just wanna go, be alone, in my hotel May I get me cosmic axis? Conway Twitty's version was his 30th number one single on the US country chart.[12]. 'Cause we got all of the time in the world. Despite not having been recorded prior to the soundtrack of the film The Rose, the song had not been written for the film. "Your Love" as written by John Fredrick Spinks. Always be with you. And it was fantastic. Country singer Conway Twitty recorded a cover version in January 1983. A cover of the song was featured in … Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. His version, off his album Dream Maker, was a number one country hit in US and Canada. I pretty much agree with everything you typed. I have my own ideas about the song meaning, but I will post them as a not-reply. I say love, I say love, I say love, (I say love, I say love, I say love, forever.) (If that was your intent, it worked:).