Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? I usually use it for mixing together meals like macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and sauce, frying rice, mixing lo mein and stir fried veggies. The 4 qt. I've since just been using my stainless steel fry pan for stir frying and I cook everything in batches, before dumping into a mixing bowl. Then another giant one for making food for a lot of people or a giant batch of sauce or lobsters or something? All Rights Reserved. It's been on my list for a while, but I am out of work atm so no spending. 12" cast iron pan. It seems 12" would be the way to go since you cook for one or for more. I suppose I could try in the dutch oven, but I already have the wok so... maybe I'll reevaluate if I run out of space or when I move. Post anything related to cooking here, within reason. Obviously the 9 qt. I also don't have any woks anymore. I've personally never used one (currently, I just have a big wok and was always too lazy to find anything else to use, but I hate it... it's big and annoying) but seems perfect for, well, sauteing stuff like onions/mushrooms and other veggies or utilize the greater surface area for searing meats. What would you utilize 8" for? I don't just want to know what size you like... but when and why you use it. When you need the performance of a skillet, but require even more surface area, a griddle is your best bet. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. pot holds more food to cook. For any recipe that requires a large volume of liquid and ingredients, or if you’re cooking for a large group, the stockpot should be your go-to vessel. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The nonstick pots here are durable, reliable, and attractive. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. There is a seemingly endless variety of pots and pans to cook with. Moreover, it can also be used in place of a frying pan. Lid. I have an all-clad saucier (probably 2 quart?) Pots: I own a 5 qt. Farberware: Quality Since 1900, Welcome to Discover Our Designed Products. /r/Cooking is a place for the cooks of reddit and those who want to learn how to cook. saucier for the most foods. saucepan and a 4 qt. "essential pan". 12" Steel Frying Pan. and 9 qt. eggs, anything with cheese, etc). Define saucepan. I had a stir fry pan and then a wok and I didn't like them for home cooking. Our pick: Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round Dutch Oven, $355, amazon.com. The same goes for that 3qt pan you suggested first. The anodized aluminum pot has a small spout for pouring out liquids while the tempered glass lid ... jalz jalz Stainless Steel Saucepan With Glass Lid,Classic Cookware, Sauce Pan,1.5 Quart for Boiling Milk, Sauce, Gravies, Pasta,Noodles, Cuisinart 619-14 Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1-Quart Saucepan with Cover, AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Lid, Strainer Lid, Two Side Spouts for Easy Pour with Ergonomic Handle, Multipurpose Sauce Pan with Lid, Sauce Pot (Tri-Ply Capsule Bottom, 2.5 Quart), GreenPan SearSmart Hard Anodized Ceramic Nonstick Black Saucepan with Lid, 2QT, Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 3-Quart Saucepan with Lid,Black, Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 2-Quart Saucepan with Lid,Black, AmazonCommercial 6 Qt.