Shows Renewed, Billie Eilish, Jennifer Lopez and More Performing at the 2020 American Music Awards, Kelsea Ballerini Claps Back at Pregnancy Speculation After 2020 CMA Awards, Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Virus updates: Record 153K new cases Thursday, Nigeria to build new museum for looted art, Yes, Ryan Reynolds Also Thinks He Looks Just Like Kate Beckinsale. Entertainment Tonight/TV Guide Network. In a press release on the acquisition, Reynolds admitted that "learning a new industry" was genuinely joyful and creatively fulfilling for him. “A little over two years ago, I became an owner of Aviation Gin because I love the taste of Aviation more than any other spirit," Reynolds said in a statement. For quite a long time, it seems. Connect with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app. "Thanks for your email. https://news.yahoo.com/ryan-reynolds-george-clooney-gin-140043356.html From "The Last Dance" to LeBron James, The Pop Podcast of 2020 E! The George Clooney reference is most likely in relation to Casamigos, which was co-founded by the 59-year-old in 2013. Either way, cheers to the star's bank account! ", "I want to thank Diageo for their incredible team and passion," he added. Lauren Conrad and James Charles Reveal Where They Really Stand After Beauty Feud, Real Housewives' Melissa Gorga Shares a Coy Update on Teresa Giudice's New Boyfriend, Nick Viall Reveals Why The Last Dance Is His Favorite People's Choice Awards Nominated Show, The Cast of MTV’s The Challenge: Double Agents Is Here: Meet the 30 Players Competing in Season 36, Grey's Anatomy Is Embracing Long-Distance Romance in Season 17, Watch Bachelorette Tayshia Adams Play Coy Over Which Lakers Star Slid Into Her DMs, Mario Lopez Teases Saved By the Bell "Easter Eggs" in Reboot, Lamar Odom and Sabrina Parr Reunite One Week After Breakup to Celebrate Anniversary, Matthew Perry Just Revealed When the Friends Reunion Will Finally Take Place, Nikki Bella Weighs in on Artem Chigvintsev & Carrie Ann Inaba's DWTS Drama, The Bradshaw Bunch, Botched & More E! Get Toofab breaking news sent right to your browser! He then admitted that the earnings might have made him speak rashly to loved ones, including Lively. My lawyers just explained how long it takes to achieve an 'earn out'... so... turns out I'm not as George Clooney as I thought," he continued, most likely referring to Diageo's $1 billion acquisition of Casamigos, Clooney's co-founded tequila brand, from 2017. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Must-See Celebrity Instagram Posts of the Week. After selling his gin company Aviation Gin for a small fortunte, Ryan Reynolds has now offered up a hilarious apology to Dwayne Johnson and others. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. As Bloomberg reported, Diageo Plc acquired Aviation American Gin and other liquors sold by Davos Brands LLC. Reynolds became a co-owner of Aviation Gin in 2018, and quickly took a more personal interest in it than many other celebrities take in their product endorsements. Ryan Reynolds is expressing regret for hosting his wedding to Blake Lively at Boone Hall, a former plantation in South Carolina, in 2012 "My lawyers just explained how long it takes to achieve an 'earn out'... so... turns out I'm not as George Clooney as I thought.". Thanks in advance!" August 19, 2020. - August 18, 2020 02:43 pm EDT. On August 17, European beverage company, Diageo, reached an agreement to acquire Aviation American Gin, which the actor co-owns, in a deal worth $610M. Email TooFab editors at tips@toofab.com. https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/08/ryan-reynolds-aviation-gin-sale-diageo Read more: Reynolds launches initiative to boost diversity. Diageo announced on Monday it had acquired Aviation American Gin and other liquors sold by Davos Brands, including Astral Tequila, Sombra Mezcal and TYKU Sake, for an estimated $610 million. "In related news, I just learned what an 'earn out' is... And I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone I told to go f— themselves in the last 24 hours. Thanks in advance!" Even more hilarious, his signature read, "Owner?" How closely do The Crown stars resemble their royal family counterparts? Ryan Reynolds issued a public, joking apology to his wife, Blake Lively following the sale of his company Aviation American Gin. Ryan will reportedly retain a stake in Davos Brands LLC,  which is the majority shareholder of his liquor brand. My lawyers just explained how long it takes to achieve an 'earn out'... so... turns out I'm not as George Clooney as I thought. "In related news, I just learned what an 'earn out' is... And I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone I told to go f--k themselves in the last 24 hours. The 43-year-old’s tongue-in-cheek email reads: “Thanks for your email. New on Netflix this week: Movies you can watch NOW, Kai Po Che And Hichki Actor Asif Basra Dies By Suicide In Dharamshala; He Was 53 Years Old, Watch: Ayodhya glitters in wintery night with religious zeal on ‘Deepotsav’, $68 million: Melania’s huge settlement if she decides to divorce Trump, Elizabeth Hurley, 55, flaunts unbelievable figure in low-cut swimsuit, Watch: Ruckus at Bihar Congress Legislature Party meeting. "The point is, to those listed below, I'm sorry... and I'll indeed be needing your help in the coming months and years. People's Choice Awards nominee weighs in on his favorite PCAs noms! The Deadpool actor appeared to leave his humble pie on the table because he proudly celebrated his latest achievement. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. I am currently out of the office but will still be very hard at work selling Aviation Gin. © 2020 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reynolds concluded his email with a list of those he felt he owed an apology, including his wife Blake Lively, Dwayne Johnson, Betty White, TGI Friday’s and The Head of Alfredo Garcia. He went on: "The point is, to those listed below, I'm sorry... and I'll indeed be needing your help in the coming months and years. Thanks in advance," Ryan concluded his e-mail. Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. “In related news, I just learned what an 'earn out' is... And I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone I told to go f*** themselves in the last 24 hours. ", Reynolds was likely referring to Clooney's massive 2017 deal with Diageo, where they acquired his Casamigos Tequila. In true Ryan fashion, he patted himself on the back and penned a snarky "Out of Office" e-mail that was both jaw-dropping and hilarious. Diageo will initially pay $335 million for these assets, with future payments totaling up to $275 million based on their performance in the years to come. What's more? Got a story or a tip for us? The list read: "Mom, Blake, Peter, Diageo CEO, The Rock, George Clooney, Southern Glazer's, Betty White, TGI Friday's, Baxter, Calisthenics, AMC Theaters, Total Wine, The Number 8, Don Saladino, Darden, The Head of Alfredo Garcia, Soothing Lavender Eye Pillows.". Ryan Reynolds sends hilarious apology email after selling his gin company for $ 610 million. David Fincher's Mank lands on the cover of Total Film magazine’s new issue – on sale now! "What I didn't expect was the sheer creative joy learning a new industry would bring. For quite a long time, it seems," his message began. I am currently out of the office but will still be very hard at work selling Aviation Gin. All rights reserved. Reynolds' deal is huge, though it does not put $610 million directly into Reynolds' pocket. According to People, Ryan Reynolds sold Aviation Gin for an estimated $610 million to Diageo. "The point is, to those listed below, I'm sorry... and I'll indeed be needing your help in the coming months and years. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Read more: Star reveals “Reynolds Cut” of Green Lantern. What have the Royal Family said about 'The Crown'? "In related news, I just learned what an 'earn out' is... And I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone I told to go f*** themselves in the last 24 hours. 113. For quite a long time, it seems," Reynolds began in the email. George wasn't the only celebrity called out in Ryan's e-mail. The Deadpool star quipped in an out-of-office email, reported by Daily Mail, that he was “not as George Clooney as I thought” after learning about the concept of an “earn out”. Claim Your Free Hearing Test Now. The lengthy list of those the "Deadpool" star apologized to included Lively, George Clooney, AMC Theaters, Betty White, and Total Wine. For quite a long time, it seems," the joke message read. Reynolds and fellow investors in Aviation’s parent company Davos Brand LLC will still receive $335m (£256m) as part of the initial sale, though, so they won’t have to go looking for coins down the back of the sofa.