While the RTX 2070 is continuing on and is seen in new laptops this year, the RTX 2080 has been phased out in favor of the Super variant. RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royale DDR4 (3,400MHz) What’s important to remember is that that mobile RTX 2080 Super and the desktop RTX 2080 Super are not equivalent GPUs. The GeForce RTX 2060 Super launched at $399, versus $349 for the base RTX 2060 cards and the RTX 2060 Founders Edition, while the RTX 2070 Super is like the RTX 2080 Super, launching at the same price ($499) as the cheapest RTX 2070 boards. As you'll see in our testing, the RTX 2080 Super is the superior card, no doubt (given that even the non-Super 2080 still beats the Radeon VII), but with both cards at $699, the comparison is still valid. Overkill for 1440p gaming (unless you're using a high-refresh panel). Over the original 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra score recorded above, I gained only a roughly 4 percent increase in performance, while the gaming results in Far Cry 5 once on a stable overclock were so minimal they almost don't bear mentioning: from 110fps up to 112fps. There’s no word on a potential release date, but I’ll update this review with my impressions as soon as I get to test it out. Watch Dogs 2, like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, is a game that requires both CPU and GPU power. Keep an eye on your inbox! This is a benchmarking software and API that's considerably more accurate and even easier to use compared to many others. The display of third-party trademarks and trade names on this site does not necessarily indicate any affiliation or the endorsement of PCMag. From reflective Stormtrooper armour to the spot-illuminated tunnels of Metro Exodus, the examples of ray tracing certainly look impressive. Still, to be fair to Nvidia, AMD still doesn't have anything that comes close to the raw in-game performance of the RTX 2080 Super. Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, Thank goodness Nvidia didn't raise the price otherwise this would be a bad launch for team green. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Once more games are confirmed to support DLSS, I’ll update this list. I’m pretty optimistic that these upcoming features. © 2020 TechSpot, Inc. All Rights Reserved. That's an increase of 2 fps, or just 5%. We’ll always tell you what we find. It sits between the beastly RTX 2080 Ti and the more affordable RTX 2070. He brings his experience benchmarking and reviewing consumer gadgets and PC hardware such as laptops, pre-built gaming systems, monitors, storage, and networking equipment to the team. On this test, the RTX 2080 Super shows gains of around 25 percent over the 4K results from the GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition, a substantial boost that helps to average out the total frame gains across all games closer to that 15 percent mark Nvidia cites. Despite sporting last-generation architecture, the GTX 1080 Ti was only 3fps worse off than the RTX 2080 for the 4K test. The GeForce 20 series for 2020 is heavily segmented, especially at the top end of the stack. You may unsubscribe from the newsletters at any time. The latter, in particular, will come in handy for allowing connectivity to the HTC Vive Pro. With its 3,072 CUDA cores and 8GB of GDDR6 clocked at … Finally there's Rainbow Six: Siege. The Shadow of the Tomb Raider results show that the RTX 2080 has seen a sizeable performance boost compared to its Pascal counterpart, the GTX 1080. GeForce RTX 2080 Super – … This will help to make in-game environments look more convincing than ever before. Based on this figures we’d expect high single-digit gains when both GPUs are running at 90W, which does make the Super model faster than what came before, though still an incremental upgrade. will be massive game-changers for video game visuals. That said, cutting the price of a "mostly" GeForce RTX 2080 Ti by 40 percent would have been a game-changing, borderline crazy move in the high-end card space, so it's understandable that these two cards still show a pretty significant gap in both specs and performance. So what does the two-second difference mean in terms of visual quality? It is based on the desktop RTX 2080 but with reduced core speeds (-7% Boost, -9% Base). While the RTX 2070 Super has 256 more shader units (2,560 vs 2,304 @ RTX 2070), the RTX 2080 Super only has 128 more CUDA cores (3,072 vs 2,944 @ RTX 2080). Instead of giving you an average frame rate figure, it churns, The problem is, I haven’t yet been able to test ray tracing and DLSS, so this graphics card is tough to recommend right now. Still, even with the RTX 3070 and 3080 coming soon, the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super is still an excellent option – especially when it drops in price when its successor rolls out. Unlike the other Super cards we've tested, the die that powers the RTX 2080 Super is actually based on the same one that its non-Super counterpart runs on: the "Turing" TU104. From reflective Stormtrooper armour to the spot-illuminated tunnels of, Other games that will feature the revolutionary ray-tracing technology include, Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi), Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB 360mm liquid cooler, Founders Edition Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Founders Edition Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, As well as using video games to test the RTX 2080, I also ran 3DMark’s Fire Strike Ultra benchmark programme. PS5 vs Xbox Series X: which next-gen console should you buy? Storage: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus M.2 SSD (NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4)  Ultimately, a 4-6% improvement is still an improvement, and the fact that this graphics card is cheaper than the RTX 2080 was at launch definitely works in its favor. That said, all of the benchmark results for Dirt Rally from the four graphics cards were so high that to the naked eye, you’d struggle to see any difference. Synthetic benchmarks can be good predictors of real-world gaming performance. Of course, you get what you pay for, with the RTX 2080 Ti costing £350 more than the RTX 2080. In the case of the GeForce RTX 2060 and 2070 Super cards, the die sizes and compute-unit counts strongly suggest that those Super GPUs were derived from existing dies further up the RTX GPU stack, but as far as the GeForce RTX 2080 Super goes, it looks to be right on the money: a better-specced version of the original RTX 2080. The GeForce RTX 2070 Super is the most powerful gaming graphics card that's been released at $500 to date. In an impressive feat for efficiency, the RTX 2080 Super Max-Q is universally faster than the RTX 2070 Max-P, despite the 2080 Super having a 90W power limit compared to the 2070’s 115W. Our benchmark results prove that this translates into a sizeable improvement to all-round performance. If you were hoping for a more substantial gain, you’ll have to wait for Nvidia’s next-generation products.