Let us know if you have any more trouble. I inquired a lot of spare parts dealers and websites but unable to find them. Rob’s never-ending quest to discover what’s around the next bend has taken him on Adventures in Mexico, North Africa, Europe, and throughout the American West. The link to the exhaust is broken. Our Power Commander V fuel tuner optimizes your ride anywhere you’ll roam. SRC makes nice stuff for the Himalayan. How about brake and other adjustments. We haven’t tried these with the stock bars but try it with the bar-end weights installed and it should space the guards out a little more. Only in deep sand were we wanting a little more aggressive tire. Looking for a set of turn signals with higher durability, we came across the Tuff Lites from Extreme Dual Sport. Do you know what size would be the best for the 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Instead of going back to the stock exhaust, we looked for something lighter that would reduce stress on the system. Not sure about any aftermarket options for levers. A more aggressive tread would be a welcome improvement but we wouldn’t say it’s absolutely necessary unless you are getting into a lot of mud or sand riding. We didn’t want to just bolt on a set of massive steel-braced moto guards. Performance Clutch Kit for Royal Enfield ® 650 Twins: CLICK FOR MORE INFO: 570-0003: Handlebar Adjuster Kit for Royal Enfield ® INT 650 Twins: CLICK FOR MORE INFO: 340-0219: Forged Connecting Rod Set for Royal Enfield® 650 Twins: CLICK FOR MORE INFO: IPT3.14: Pulse IPT Battery P.14 for Royal Enfield® 650 Twins: CLICK FOR MORE INFO Oil and air filter changes. Any advice? I’m having a heck of a time. It’s likely to be more cost effective to wear out the OEM units and replace them with factory parts rather than immediately upgrading to expensive billet aluminum aftermarket parts. Any bike that goes off-road needs a good set of wrap-around handguards. Looks of spring kids around for it. I tried those but it’s impossible to have them fit on the right side they hit the visor and even the console. You’ll be the master of any machine in no time. Any power boost is welcomed on the Himalayan and so far it’s holding on tight! But eventually, that constant movement weakened the silencer hanger bracket. But I would recommend to start with the seat and take some foam of than loosing ground clearance! They also dont allow the handlebars to full turn because they hit the windshield. Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city. Anyone looked at this? Published on 01.07.2019. We also opted for the ‘CR High’ bar bend for roughly the same height as stock but with less sweep for more aggressive enduro ergos. Hi Tom. It sounds about as quiet as stock, and with the dB killer removed it has a nice growl. Power Commander V for Royal Enfield Himalayan(Fuel & Ignition) has tunes, see below 27-002-001 Stock exhaust, Stock intake 27-002-002 Delkevic full exhaust, Stock or aftermarket air filter And boy was I glad to see that the handle bars I bent, turn signal I busted and mirror that I cracked were all parts suggested for replacement. They can also be adjusted down out of the way in gnarly terrain. What is your opinion about the Ohlins suspension for the Himalayan, will it lead to markedly improved handling, and, ride quality on road as well as off road. But many riders who are going to be looking at this bike (e.g. Hope to see you and your Himalayan out there on the road! A skid plate with more coverage is worth considering for long-term durability in aggressive terrain but you could probably put this upgrade off for awhile. Probably the engine guards and header guard would be the most important. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. We chose the universal kit and just cut and spliced into original wiring. Periodically, we would need to re-adjust and re-tighten the silencer to stop it from wiggling around. But the Himalayan’s lighter weight and tractable power combines for good traction. Royal Enfield Himalayan carb tuning First Impression: The throttle response is better than stock. I trusted them but then I tried by myself and was able to install those properly without much problem on the stock bars. The Acerbis Rally Profile handguards offer a more subtle, streamlined appearance while still providing function protection. Tires: Most riders will think of tires when considering off-road upgrades, but we’ve been riding the Himalayan with the stock Pirelli MT60 tires and have found them to be grippy in most scenarios. DISCLAIMER: Not legal for sale or use in California - Shop Approved Parts. The original blinkers on the Himalayan held up well for the first few rides, but then they began to break one by one. Not sure about that one. The inspectors aren’t the most flexible of folks! Under the consistent stress of rough trail riding we’ve put the bike through, we noticed the stock muffler loosening from time to time. I only came across it after taking a spill on mine and found myself needing to replace 3 of the 5 parts suggested in the article. It’s a $1000 upgrade on an inexpensive bike so might think twice about it. Royal Enfield is on a winner with its 650cc twins as American engine giant S&S Cycle has now added 750cc and 865cc big-bore kits.. entry level, smaller-statured riders) will find the lower seat height to be a bonus – especially for travelling. But for the average rider, it offers a pretty good suspension. Through his 20’s and 30’s he competed in off-road desert races, including the Baja 250, 500 and 1000. Also, do you have an opinion on how high one can go? Eventually, his proclivity for exploration led him to dual sport and adventure riding. Hopefully that will give you more room with the windshield. TIA, By GauravD in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences, By groupbhp in forum General Biking Discussion. The Hybrid Bar from Mika Metals is an aluminum fat bar that is ⅞” at the clamp area but flares out to 1-⅛” diameter. Can you please tell where did you get the jets from. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. THE NEW ROYAL ENFIELD (INDIAN MADE) 1955 - PRESENT: We have been involved with the Indian made Bullets since we started business in 1984 and our predecessors before us, when there was just one model known as the "Enfield Bullet". We have one common religion - Bikeism. Although, the damping adjustments on the shock would be nice. S&S also have other performance parts for the new Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650. Whether you’re leading the pack or turning heads on the highway, you’ll know your motorcycle is running at maximum performance. Even so, we put this bike through some serious rocky terrain and only put a few light dings in the header. That could be a more cost effective way to get the result you are looking for. If you’ve got the money to invest, it’s good insurance. The Las Vegas 300 Dual Sport Adventure Ride will take place on the Las Vegas Valley Loop on November 20-23,... District 37 Dual Sport has succeeded in making LA-B-to-V the most famous and longest two-day dual-sport ride in the world.... Few have come close to achieving what Helge Pedersen has achieved during his ... For most riders, the classic Alaska – Ushuaia trip usually takes anywhere b... For nearly three decades, Wolfman Luggage has been a player in the motorcycle s... 5 Essential Off-Road Upgrades for the Royal Enfield Himalayan, Dakar Rally 2019: 9 Riders With the Strongest Chance to Win, Female Rider Makes History Racing in Dakar’s Toughest Class, 10 Mods To Boost Performance & Utility of Royal Enfield’s Himalayan, Meet the Royal Rally 400: A Paris Dakar-Inspired Himalayan Build, 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Coming to America With Key Changes, https://seatconcepts.com/products/royal-enfield-himalayan-tall. If anything pushes on them stronger than the wind, two different hinge points allow them to bend out of the way. I don’t have bar-end weight and have the stock handlebar. This has been the most informative and thorough review of the Himalayan I’ve seen yet! From Ignition Modules for adjusting timing to Quickshifters and more, our Power Commander V is the first step for a full bike overhaul. Seriously, how did you get the stock mount past the brake reservoir? It was too easy to click the link, add the items you suggested to my cart, pay for them and get them shipped! We wanted strong 1-⅛” bars but didn’t want the additional expense (or modified appearance) of an adaptor kit for the larger bar diameter. Easily uninstall to revert back to factory default settings when you feel like giving everyone else a chance. We ran the steel brake line through the plastic bar clamp. Display and read your data in whatever form you need to get the best tune possible. Good suggestions, but where I live in Germany there would undoubtedly be some problems adding things like blinkers and the exhaust unless they were approved for use here. Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. Not sure how much they would improve it off-road. 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan review: Intro to adventure Royal Enfield's tall-roader makes an excellent first bike for both on- and off-road adventure. Was wondering if you could recommend some brake and clutch lever as I bender mine already. As a moto journalist, he enjoys inspiring others to seek adventure across horizons both near and far. Their smaller design doesn’t look out of place on the Himalayan either. They are a full wrap-around design and are constructed of sturdy polypropylene. Apologies, I see someone already commented on this and had the same issue which was resolved. Adding wrap-around handguards can put even more stress on them, and once they bend, it’s almost impossible to get them back to their original position. After thousands of miles of hard riding, we had our first failure on the Himalayan when the welds on the bracket gave way. There is a slot it fits into and Its pretty malleable plastic so it all fits together nicely. They are a 70/30 (street/dirt) dual sport tread, which we typically wouldn’t expect to grip in difficult terrain. like minded biker friends. Good luck with the project though! Do you have any pics you could share? In that case, having the suspension tuned for your custom requirements would be well worth the investment. It’s also nice to have a little extra wind protection on the highway for your hands. Hi Carson. Need to rejet my other bikes too. Why accept that from your motorcycle? Join us. Power Commander V takes the guesswork out of pairing efficiency with performance, keeping your focus where it belongs — on the journey ahead. Our PowerCore software does far more than compare data; it also helps you tune like never before. I need to lower my Himalayan about 3 in. bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker Not sure if something changed with the controls from 2018 to 2019, or with the handlebar possibly. I bought boots with a big shoe and then elevator inserts. Hi Jennifer, Stock Jetting: We did not have problems with the width of the controls on the Mika Metals #918 bar. Does there appear to be adequate slack in the cabling? You don’t settle for ordinary performance anywhere else. After bending the bars on a few different occasions, it was time for an upgrade. How is the maintenance on these. Have you tried any mods to up the power. The Mika bars taper up from 7/8″ to the 1-1/8″ diameter quite quickly, leaving the 7/8″ area nearly an inch short of the space needed for grips, controls, and mirrors. Our C3 Tuning Software can store all of your data from your fuel tuner onto your computer and compare it side by side for even more insight into your performance. This fuel tuner holds two maps at a time for multiple drive options (via the Power Commander V map switch accessory), as well as 10 throttle position columns, so you won’t sacrifice comfort for performance. From a close knit national community of Great article! This follows the recent announcement that premium Swedish suspension manufacturer Ohlins has developed suspension grades for the twins and the Himalayan. Most parts on the Himalayan are pretty durable and can take a good amount of off-road abuse but the stock ⅞” handlebars are made of soft steel and bend fairly easily. We just updated the link to click-thru to the correct location now.