I own a Ravishing Red colour. As of now there is no official update from the brands end. A 78 mm bore and 67.8 mm stroke (times two) gives it a 648 cc displacement with a 9.5-to-1 compression ratio that is low enough to take mid-grade fuel, and should run without giving the bottom-end bearings a beating. A crank-driven timing chain operates the single over-head cam to time the 8-valve head with electronic fuel injection to manage the fuel delivery. The fuel gauge is not accurate, you have to get used with the fuel meter because I think it may show the reading correctly after riding for almost 10-15 mins and that's not good for a bike pricing like this. The factory stayed faithful to that California flavor when it laid out the lines for this newest version, and like the original, it fits the standard/UJM-style mold to a tee. The issues I raised above can be fixed by the service centre itself and it doesn't bothers you much. When he’s not writing about engines he can be found at Keepmoat Stadium, supporting his beloved League One football team Doncaster Rovers. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The power delivery is very linear because it doesn't scare the rider. Like most people, my bike also had issues with hard clutch and that tak tak sound since after the first service.I visited #TeknikMotorcycles Sarjapur, #Bangalore couple of times for this issue and they couldn"t fix it. As usual, the taillight/tagholder/turn signals are a bit clunky, but at least you don’t have to look at it while riding. Standard seat is hard for long drives.Pillion seating is not comfortable because of elevated foot pegs. Interact with car / bike owners & experts. Mill, Triumph is still light years ahead. The bike is heavy to move around in a parking spot. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Fitted With KTM Duke 390 Suspension; Does It Work? Every single day is a MoreBikes day for the smart motorcycle fan who wants to get the very latest motorcycle news first and for FREE. Plus front suspension & Rear ABS area below average. I like Himalayan but I didn't had plans to own that also. Engine delivers power in a smooth manner ( ps: its no KTM 390or even apache 300).3. The Project Interceptor also gets a DNA air filter with stage 2 plate and a Powertronic piggyback ECU with a custom map. Whoever rode my bike in my friend circle said that whether this is a RE or what?!!. All images featured on this website are copyrighted to their respective rightful owners. It has negligible vibrations.2. So, we would request you to wait for official announcement. Most important it is not a zero vibration bike. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. I find that plausible. Look wise great retro look. I hope I covered everything about the bike and it helps others planning for the bike. The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 is one of Royal Enfield’s recently re-introduced models; a classic-looking twin with an old-school UJM vibe, all wrapped in … A steel-tubular, double-cradle frame houses a 648cc air/oil-cooled parallel twin putting out 47bhp @ 7100rpm, with 52Nm of torque @ 4000rpm. It have a dual channel ABS as standard and that's it. https://news.maxabout.com/.../royal-enfield-interceptor-650-top-speed Considering the RE 650 being an air-oil cooled engine, it should warm up as well! Poor workmanship and poor service by RE. As you’d expect, this isn’t a very heavy bike at 445 pounds (oiled, but not gassed), and at only 31.6-inches tall, it’s fairly nimble and easy to lift off the sidestand. Just release a little and you can feel it & if you keep it steady it will go steady. It's a 650CC engine and it heats as usual. The charm just oozes from every pore starting with the narrow front fender that competes not at all with the front wheel, but simply does its job containing the spray while acting as a nice accent over the laced rim. The footpegs come in way while manoeuvring the bike at low speeds or in slow moving traffic. Seat is good for short rides - not so good for long rides.Overall, it is a very balanced and well made bike. The INT 650 is still a beta product . Yes, it is. Also that will affect your mileage! Then mileage around 27 KMPL & 210 Kg weight should not bother you. I have been told that after 2000 km it will be significantly come down. The stock exhaust is just lovely. However, the top speed claimed by the brand is 161 kph. wonderful bike. Excellent on highways and quite manageable in city.Cons1. Cost of this bike is not less. That's a cool colour. In the bottom end, a one-piece cast crankshaft runs with a 270-degree offset in the throws — and necessarily, the firing order — to give the engine a nice burble at idle and a bit of extra traction on soft surfaces due to the (relatively) long pause between power pulses. It’s a hot-hot release in its homeland, but will the U.S. market receive it with as much enthusiasm? Rider footpegs have an ergonomic problem. The service interval is 1 year and charges are reasonable. ( Now I can live with them).4. What is the seat height of Royal Enfield Interceptor 650? RE can do that in Twins but they won't. How many gears available in Royal Enfield Interceptor 650? Next service at 10000 or 1 year whichever happens earlier.Milleage. All Rights Reserved, Introducing the $1000 TopSpeed Student Scholarship, 41 mm front fork, 4.3 inches (110 mm) travel, Twin coil-over shocks, 3.5 inches (88 mm) travel, 4 stroke, single overhead cam, air-oil cooled, 648 cc parallel twin, 38.3 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm (52 Nm @ 4,000 rpm), Orange Crush, Ravishing Red, Silver Spectre, Chrome. both 650 twins most refined royalenfileds ever. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Overall 25 kmpl. Rear brake is adjusted & Pads changed still ok only. Royal Enfield has been promoting twins by saying that they have been working on these bikes for 10 years. Fit and Finish is good. Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 is powered by a 648cc engine, producing 52 Nm of massive torque at just 5250 rpm. Its a practical bike and its range would be till 140 kmph, ofcourse it goes beyond that easily, but it's not it's comfort area and you would lose the torquey nature of the engine there. Also, it would be good if the suspension could be firmed up on this model (both bikes feature soft suspension to match the needs of the Indian market where both will sell in droves) to match the more sporting aspirations. Q. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Royal Enfield Cruiser 650 price is expected to be around Rs 3.50 lakh (ex-showroom). Just a warm breeze on your legs. to end my ideas I wish 650 adv shall be build by RE as elder sibling to himalayan 400 to put a big bad adv in race. There were no 'heating' issues after the 1st service in bumper to bumper traffic. Tank feels a little thin to hold. Compared to the Himalayan (I own a BS3 model) , the interceptor is a very well designed, tested and built new bike. Ask your question from Interceptor 650 owners and experts, Your Question should contain at least 5 characters, 620+ Interceptor 650 Owners and Experts to help you, I wish to report this Answer because it is, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 User Reviews, BS6 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Real World Test, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: Road Test Review, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: First Ride Review. It features a 6-speed gearbox (a first for Royal Enfield) with slipper clutch, and an estimated top speed of 120mph (according to the clocks). Q. interceptor has narrow seat for rider which makes you crak your back after couple 100 kms, overall the motorcycle is topnotch of RE.