I'm guessing it's airborne, not something on the herbs. Any explanations? Just shake/stir it. Would it be better to tightly cork the bottle (it has one of those dispenser spouts now, like a liquor bottle)? Remove the pot from the heat. 13 years ago. How to make rosemary infused olive oil: 1. I cut a sprig, washed it and dried it off, and inserted into the oil bottle. Leda Meredith is a food writer and certified botanist who has written five books on foraging and preserving food. © 2010-2020 Wow Media Products, Inc doing business as PureWow. Don’t worry, you don’t have to go all Ina and splurge on an expensive bottle of olive oil right away. Within a few days, the flavor had permeated the oil well and it was delicious. Feel free to adjust according to your preferences. 8 years ago, I don't worry when something says "don't do it unless you are a professional". What I would suggest is to pressure cook your infusion and make sure the temperature is above 100 C  for 30 mins. I cut a sprig, washed it and dried it off, and inserted into the oil bottle. > would you follow home canning procedures (boiled/sterilized bottles, quickly sealed) with instructions to refrigerate after opening The oil dispenser is your oyster. May affect the taste. . Rosemary-Infused-Olive-Oil This is a simple recipe that you can make with rosemary or herb of your choice. Before making homemade rosemary oil, you should wash the rosemary, let it dry completely and place all of it in a container, without taking anything away. But if you take chances long enough, you're bound to get bit. If you prefer to strain the olive oil, however, simply pour the oil through a strainer into a clean jar or bottle. Sterilization, as technoplastique and lemonie describe (I'd guess that the dilute bleach would be easiest and should be very effective), should help, but may not be necessary if you can keep the spices out of the air. - Anything & EverythingAnything & Everything, DIY Holiday Gifts From The Heart | Energy We Bring, Thanksgiving 101: Table Decor, Place Settings, & Party Favors | Oh, Julia Ann, Handmade Gifts for the Holidays (2013 Roundup) - Pepper Design Blog, Handmade Gifts: Lavender & Lemon Sea Salt - Pepper Design Blog, Our Double Stroller: Mountain Buggy +One Review, Wardrobe Style Board: A Work-From-Home Uniform, Pistachio, Caramel & Sea Salt Chocolate Bars. In view of the risk of Botulism & other bowel infections & the efforts required to keep mould out of the bottles of oil ( and Vinegars ) it would be sensible to flavour the oil ( or vinegar ) during the process of cooking. Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. Within a few days, the flavor had permeated the oil well and it was delicious. Hmm, the thought of heating the oil springs to mind. . by Kristin Donnelly | The best way to cook a stress-free dinner is to think ahead, which is why we've created this comprehensive... by Amanda Balagur | Thanksgiving for one (or two) can be just as festive as any big to-do.