Romans 15:11 And again, "PRAISE THE LORD ALL YOU GENTILES, AND LET ALL THE PEOPLES PRAISE HIM." … Juli Camarin April 23, 2010 Romans 15 Tweet "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13) Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Explanation and Commentary of Romans 15:13. The purpose of our hope is that we may abound! Moreover, God is the object of it; not wealth and riches, nor works of righteousness, but Jehovah, Father, Son, and Spirit, particularly Christ, is called the believer's hope; that is, the object of it, in whom the Gentiles hope and trust. 1 Timothy 1:1 (NASB) 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope, All other ground is sinking sand. In believing - The effect of believing is to produce this joy and peace. As God fills you with his peace, you will understand that you are at peace with Him. Meditations in St. Paul's Letter to the Romans HOPE IN CHRIST "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." NIV and The Message Side-by-Side Bible, Two Bible Versions Together for Study and Comparison, Bonded Leather, Black, Large Print, The Message, Large Print, Brown Trio Leather-Look, The Message Bible, Compact Soft leather-look, tan, The Message Canvas Bible: Coloring and Journaling the Story of God, Leather-Look, Gold Leaf, Contemporary Comparative Side-by-Side Bible (NIV, NKJV, NLT, THE Message). This message is about hope and how we can keep it in the midst of our most troubling times. May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope! – A Sermon on Romans 15:13 August 20, 2006 Adrian Warnock. Romans 11:36 (NASB) 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. God's Amazing Story of Redemption & Atonement, Unleashing the Power of Kingdom Perspective, Topical Articles About Whatever's on My Heart, Questions from Readers, Answers from Juli, A Growing List of Short Chapter Summaries, A Verse by Verse Walk Through Hebrews. An amazing truth is that this all happens on a supernatural level by the power of the Holy Spirit living inside you as a believer. It is not only a future in heaven, but it is knowing God the Father and God the Son in such a way that living water (hope) overflows into your life and bubbles up, spills over and cannot be contained. All rights reserved. (Romans 15:13) When the Bible talks about ‘hope’, it is not talking about wishful thinking; it is talking about trusting God. So reach out and welcome one another to God’s glory. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. The Vulgate Latin reads, "that ye may abound in hope, and in the power of the Holy Ghost"; but there is no copulative in the Greek text. The audio of this message is now available to download from my church’s website or by subscribing to our podcast. Joy is the source of happiness; it is more than a feeling. Meaning; there has never been anyone more full of joy than Jesus. The Ethiopic version reads, "the God of our promises", which are what hope has respect unto, and builds upon: fill you with all joy and peace in believing. Peace is harmony in our relationships, but beyond that it can also be understood as a treaty or agreement to cease hostilities. 15 1-2 Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. of Oh! This comes from knowing God because he is the author of hope so the more we walk with him the more this hope will overflow in our lives and others around us will take notice. John 15:5 (NASB) 5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. © 2020 Christianity.com. John 17:13 (NASB) 13 "But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves. That ye may abound in hope - That ye may be excited to take more enlarged views of the salvation which God has provided for you, and have all your expectations fulfilled by the power of the Holy Ghost, enabling you to hope and believe; and then sealing the fulfillment of the promises upon your hearts. (NASB: Lockman) Greek: O de theos tes elpidos plerosai (3SAAO) humas pases charas kai eirenes en to pisteuein (PAN), eis to perisseuein (PAN) humas en te elpidi en dunamei pneumatos hagiou Amplified: May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the … Jesus did it; now you do it! Romans 15: 13 ---- PAUL has been pressing on us how we should live as believers in Jesus. Read verse in The Message Bible The Source and Object of Our Hope – God! To Him be the glory forever. Tall enough for everyone everywhere to see and take hope! If they were filled with this, there would be no strife and contention. All rights reserved. Strength is for service, not status. Jesus did it; now you do it! 1 Corinthians 2:4 My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 1 Thessalonians 1:5 Eternal life is something you possess right now if you are born again ( John 3:36, I John 5:13 ). Without hope men perish no matter what their physical condition. 7-13 So reach out and welcome one another to God’s glory. Jesus, staying true to God’s purposes, reached out in a special way to the Jewish insiders so that the old ancestral promises would come true for them. May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope! The recent deaths of Heath Ledger and Brad Refro only serve to validate this truth. Now the God of hope, etc. This means how you feel cannot dictate whether or not you experience this hope. Likewise, it is God that encourages to the exercise of it by the proclamations of his grace, and mercy, and plenteous redemption; by the discoveries of his love, and views of interest in him; and by bringing to mind the past experiences of his goodness: he preserves and maintains this grace useful and lively, firm and steadfast, at least in being, which sometimes seems almost perished and gone; he increases it, and causes his people to abound in the exercise of it, and continues it even unto death. Salem Media Group. It is not something we wait for but something we currently have through faith in Christ. Whenever I am asked to give an autograph, I almost always include this verse in it. Look how much you have got going for you. People of all nations, celebrate God!All colors and races, give hearty praise! All Rights Reserved. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. American Standard VersionARRAY(0x558a73399218), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x558a73c2ab78), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x558a73c2a770), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x558a73399a70), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x558a73c2a878), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x558a733998c0), Easy-to-Read VersionARRAY(0x558a73399500), English Standard VersionARRAY(0x558a73c2ac08), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x558a73c2ade8), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x558a73c2afc8), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x558a73c2b1a8), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x558a73c2b388), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x558a73c2b568), International Standard VersionARRAY(0x558a73c78b20), John Etheridge Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x558a73c78d00), James Murdock Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x558a73c78ee0), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x558a73c790c0), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x558a73c79510), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x558a73c796f0), Mace New Testament (1729)ARRAY(0x558a73c798d0), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x558a73c7d0d0), New International VersionARRAY(0x558a73c7d4d8), New Living TranslationARRAY(0x558a73c7d898), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x558a73c7dc58), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x558a73c7de38), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x558a73c808f0), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x558a73c80cb0), Wesley's New Testament (1755)ARRAY(0x558a73c81250), Weymouth New TestamentARRAY(0x558a73c81430), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x558a73c81610), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x558a73c854b8), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x558a73c85878). This hope that Paul is describing is supernatural, it is not based on feelings.