I never made a zucchini pesto. I find making these small changes always ensures a tasty pesto. Absolutely Fantastic! This zucchini pesto is amazing. Putting zucchini into pesto is a really genius idea. Blend the ingredients until smooth. WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Alternatively, top with your favorite meat or vegetarian protein such as grilled chicken or shrimp, or white beans. 2. 536 calories; protein 15.3g 31% DV; carbohydrates 47.9g 16% DV; fat 32.8g 51% DV; cholesterol 12.2mg 4% DV; sodium 334.6mg 13% DV. Such a fun weekend! As a native to almond country (ahem “ah-mund”), my mom always taught me to keep a stash of whole Diamond Nuts almonds in my freezer. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. I sure need this after all the all the wrong food lately. wow, add some cream and that's a sauce!Chef Louise, I love this idea!! Squeeze the water out of it then add it to the food processor. Creamy zucchini pesto pasta is an easy way to pack in vegetables. Congrats! This is such a great and interesting combo for pesto and zucchini! Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Savory, Main Courses, Meal Type, Meat Main Courses, Noodles or Pasta, Pork, Savory, Season, Special Diet, Summer, I can’t wait to see your herb garden next year!! Thinking of making a last-minute pan of this glute, {New!} Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Well Hello! Have a great week ahead Angie! Raw zucchini has such a mild flavor that it takes a backseat to the more assertive basil, garlic, and almonds. I bet it makes it super creamy. Roast until beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. i think my favorite way to prepare zucchini is to roast it--i love the flavors that emerge! This creamy pesto pasta recipe is a refreshingly healthy summer dish – top with crispy pancetta or your favorite protein to make it a complete meal! I love the various veg that can be used to make pesto other than the traditional basil. I love zucchini and would love it the way you have prepared it as a pesto....very creative:). You're brilliant! Plus it looks really pretty in pots! *To keep your basil extra green and from oxidizing, blanch the basil in the pasta water for 5 seconds then quickly shock it by placing in a bowl of ice water. What a wonderful sounding pesto, very nice. Preheat oven to 450. I've made pesto from basil of course and thought I was being 'experimental' to make it from arugula. In his defense, we share a chainlink fence and all he sees is the backyard weed jungle we’ve had since we bought the house three years ago, save for the one weekend a year we spend mowing it all back. Will be following you...Have a wonderful day! I am loving the twist with the zucchini. Your email address will not be published. Like screaming Spring come soon! Brush large baking sheet with 2 tsp of olive oil. Roasted and tossed with your favorite pesto, zucchini turns into an almost-instant summer side dish. Oh wow! That is a combination I really like. I also added some roasted red onions then tossed with low-fat store-bought pesto. You can easily sub almonds in for pine nuts in pesto. This recipe is months, {Recipe} Jasmine poached pears with candied almond, {New!} THis looks wonderful. Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss a thing! Zucchini pesto is one of my favorite variations on classic pesto. ALL CONTENT & IMAGES Copyright © 2020 Snixy Kitchen privacy policy | disclosure, Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie ». Serve topped with shaved parm, chopped roasted almonds, and fresh basil. I love the different squash flavors that all come together with the pesto. Cut zucchini rounds into 4 pieces and add to the frying pan. Place a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Roast for 25-30 min, until soft. This looks SO good, Angie!!! Love the idea of zucchini pesto, Angie. I also add both parmesan cheese and Romano cheese, again for the richer flavor they bring. Meanwhile, fry the pancetta in a skillet until crispy. Return the zucchini to the bowl. A brilliant to get kids to eat their veggies! This creamy zucchini pesto pasta recipe is the final dish in a year-long partnership with Diamond Nuts. Love your photos...I could eat 'em up! I cooked each type of squash separately as they have different cooking times. Disclosure: Special thanks to Diamond Nuts for providing the ingredients for this recipe and sponsoring this post! Brush the tops of the zucchini with pesto and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Never, ever would have made zucchini pesto! Add pesto, salt and pepper; toss to coat. And making pesto from roasted zukes is inspired. Yum! I've made the raw variety before with unsatisfactory results...a little too watery. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This looks and sounds amazing. Fabulous recipe, healthy, and great clicks, as always, Angie! Info. Turn the zucchini and continue roasting until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes more. It’ll be lush with mint and hopefully basil. I will definitely be trying many of them, such as this one...I love different spins on pesto - we seem to have similar tastes! Nutrition Pesto and I are besties. Creamy zucchini pesto pasta is an easy way to pack in vegetables. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Roasting the whole almonds does two things. I have to try this, I adore anything pesto and this sounds delicious :). Served warm or cold, this creamy pesto pasta is the perfect healthy summer dinner recipe! More on the addition to come, but for now, just know I’ve got big plans for gardening and lots of zucchini basil pesto next year. Like a commenter above, I could put pesto on anything. Source: EatingWell Magazine, August/September 2005. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. We’re ripping open the back of our house, converting our bedroom to a master bath & walk-through closet, and adding on two bedrooms, plus easy access to the backyard, AND A DECK. Wonderful and wow! I have some zucchini and think I will try this today. I have used roasted zucchini, which adds extra complexity to the sauce, but you sure can use the raw one instead. !Kudos:), This looks fantastic, actually everything on your blog looks fantastic!!! Wow, the zucchini pesto looks really good! Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Here's why we should all lean in harder and embrace our comfort-food cravings. Place baking sheet under the broiler and watch carefully as these can burn quickly. You never fail to make me hungry.-Gina-, what a fabulous and delicious idea, I'll try this recipe next summerthanks for sharingDelphine. If you love pesto and are interested in something different, then this zucchini pesto is the ONE for you. © Angie's Recipe 2007-2020 | Datenschutzerklärung | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | RSS Feed |. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Plus I looooove pesto anything, especially if its homemade! Wonderful:-). Can’t wait to try out the zucchini recipe! Tasted and adjust salt and pepper to desired taste. If your interested in more Keto-friendly recipes check out my Best keto friendly tomato soup! Enjoy your visit and spread the word! Add pesto, salt and pepper; toss to coat. © Meredith Corporation. Looks delicious! Another good idea for zucchini too. All Right Reserved. In the summer, the zucchini is the gift that keeps on giving. BIG NEWS: We break ground in a little over two months on a major home addition. Yours look very fresh and tasty! Utterly genius to roast the zuchinni - I bet I could eat this on almost anything - if not all by itself! Zucchini's currently aren't in season and pretty pricey, but come the season I can't wait to try. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over medium-high heat. Lightning Bug Lanterns Featuring Succulents. Preheat oven to 500°F. Spread on a large baking sheet. I wish someone would have told our others about roasting vegetables . I never would have thought of it, thanks! Serve with rye crackers. This creamy pesto pasta recipe is a refreshingly healthy summer dish - top with crispy pancetta or your favorite protein to make it a complete meal! Add orzo and vegetable bouillon; cook until orzo is tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Flip the slices and continue roasting until tender and browned, about 10 minutes more. no hassle … Season the mixture with lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Make a double batch and store any extras in the freezer for up to 6 months. Sign Up to Receive Our Free Coroanvirus Newsletter. email for media kit Dreaming and scheming my next projectSharing it all here, By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our, Zucchini (or 4 small) washed and cut into 1/2" rounds, Italian herb blend ( I made my own using garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper). It’s the perfect Fall side dish (or meal)! m sure it tastes awesome!! Roast until beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Spread the zucchini on the preheated baking sheet in a single … Brush the zucchini with half tablespoon of olive oil. what a difference it makes. Spread the zucchini on the preheated baking sheet in a single layer. All rights reserved. I always thought the stuff looked a little sketchy in a container, but on here and homemade it look delicious! This looks delicious Stephanie! Roasted and tossed with your favorite pesto, zucchini turns into an almost-instant summer side dish. DELICIOUS! First step is to roast the garlic. Very creative. Tip: When the summer day is too hot to turn on the oven to roast nuts, roast them in a toaster oven. If you love pesto and are interested in something different, then this zucchini pesto is the ONE for you. 2 pounds 2 pounds zucchini, (about 4 medium), trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Brilliant! Sounds delicious and beautiful photos too! Cut the zucchini into small pieces and place them in a blender with garlic cloves, almond, and basil. I like pesto! Drizzle veggies with olive oil and I'm always sort of iffy when it comes to pesto. Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan and cook onion until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. lovely recipe looks oh so good and very creative. Add your favorite protein to make it a complete meal. this sounds an interesting pesto..i think i got so much to learn from you ! What a great idea to use zucchini. I bet roasting them first gave them more flavor. What a great way to use zucchini! Offers may be subject to change without notice. this will definitley be on my to try list. This delicious pesto pulse pasta makes a healthy vegetarian dinner that’s super easy to make. Terrific recipe, Angie, I have to try this! What a gorgeous presentation for what I can only imagine is a fabulous dip!!! looks yummy and amazing! EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Sounds food and looks delicious. This one looks wonderful! A great idea! Place the basil leaves, garlic cloves, salt, walnuts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Arrange cut zucchini in a single layer on baking sheet.