Close to the Arkansas border and the Chain of Lakes, there are quite a few outdoor pursuits to enjoy. Change ), https://apps5.mo.gov/trails/fullMap.action, https://mostateparks.com/sites/mostateparks/files/Roaring%20River.pdf, https://mdc.mo.gov/events/details/kids-fishing-day. Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays only. Bennett Spring State Park, Maramec Spring Park, Montauk State Park, and Roaring River State Park . Part of Fire Tower Trail is a steep incline up the bluff. Roaring River Spring feeds the river from a deep gorge underneath a cliff above. The regular trout fishing season at Bennett Back in 2017 rains poured down and swept away quite a few of Missouri’s water based businesses and campers in Roaring Rivers valley had to be evacuated. The park has 7 trails and information and maps area available here:  https://apps5.mo.gov/trails/fullMap.action  and here: https://mostateparks.com/sites/mostateparks/files/Roaring%20River.pdf   Due to the difficulty level of the trail, my abysmal cardio endurance, and fear of heights, we were only able to hike for about an hour. Daylight Saving Time begins on During the catch and release season, fishing at Bennett Spring State Park, Montauk State park, and Roaring River State park is permitted only on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday during designated hours. Once a hatchery with many tanks for young trout, most now stand empty with only a few holding tanks used to get brown and rainbow trout ready for delivery into the river. MISSOURI TROUT PARK HOURS. Parks Book | Frequently Asked Questions, Park Hours  |  Calendar of Events | This little stream has a small but devoted following among many types of trout fishermen. On opening day, March 1, trout fishermen and women stand shoulder to shoulder casting lines and showing off their skills at 10 and 2 o’clock. But the river offers more than fishing. The first hour of morning fishing can be exciting. Many improvements have been made to the hatchery since original construction. Maramec Spring Park is The hatchery is used for rearing summer and winter steelhead from fingerling to smolt. There are quite a few resorts that we passed that look well-kept and that are starting to open back up after the Covid 19 shutdown. At this point, throw in your line and watch as the hungry trout speed to your lures. Having never mastered the art of fly fishing, watching people who are skilled is a favorite past time while I’m on the rivers. Murray Bishoff/Cassville Democrat Green was competing against a cousin, as his brother, always in the running, had gone to a bass fishing tournament this year. The park has 3 levels with different bait use available for each level. There are plenty of spots to tent camp, RV camp or rent a cabin on the property. Roaring River Hatchery was constructed in 1924. Roaring River is located outside Cassville in Barry County, Missouri. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Roaring River is located outside Cassville in Barry County, Missouri. Roaring River presents a great place to catch Rainbow Trout, (possibly a Brown Trout if you are lucky), relax outdoors, and simply appreciate the natural beauty of the surrounding Ozarks. All things considered the day was wonderful. ( Log Out /    |  Fishing the Missouri Trout Roaring River Information Trout Fishing, Lodging, Dining, Events and Entertainment in the Ozark Mountains, Fishing on the Roaring River in the Ozarks – Missouri, Dining near Roaring River, Cassville Missouri. Lesson learned. The Roaring River, Cassville, Missouri Ozark area offers diverse lodging and accommodations. The hatchery is a mixed-stock facility, producing both anadromous fish and resident trout. My granddaughter’s began learning a great new hobby that will hopefully engage them in the outdoors for years to come. In 1987 and 1996 new raceway ponds were constructed to replace the original raceways. Even beginners can learn to fly fish here, since the Missouri Department of Conservation trout hatchery releases trout into the fishing holes daily during fishing season. Fishing is permitted only on designated waters during posted hours in Trout Parks. Roaring River State Park is in a perpetual battle with Montauk State Park for 2nd place in the "most popular trout park" contest (Bennett Spring still wins, hands down). Trout can also be caught using spinner bait with a rod and reel; my oldest has had luck with power bait as well. I would march down the stairs into the wilds of the backyard of my apartment in San Francisco, toss my line into the cats water bowl and sit for what seemed like hours (probably 10 minutes, I was 4) waiting for something to happen. ( Log Out /  The hours are as follows: In addition to the regular season, there is a Children under 16 and seniors 65+ are exempt from fishing license rules in Missouri, but must obtain a daily trout tag. There is no wading in the fishing areas, but there is a swimming hole and swimming pool available in other parts of the park. Kids Fishing Day  | Your Photos, Fishing the Missouri Trout The water drips into the pool below, then into the Roaring River. A scenic drive off of Hwy 60 down Hwy 39 to Hwy 248 and a hard left onto Hwy 112 which takes you to the park. Hours. Well-kept cabins with a view of the hatchery and close to the store and restaurant. open seven days a week during the winter season. the second Monday of February. There is also a nature center which explores the history of the park, and will also open around May 17th. The weather was perfect on May 9, though anyone from this area can tell you the weather can change quickly and without warning in these parts. The park has 3 levels with different bait use available for each level. Copyright © 2020 Roaring River Information Trout Fishing, Lodging, Dining, Events and Entertainment in the Ozark Mountains. Spring, Maramec Spring, Montauk, and Roaring River runs from March 1 to October 31 each year. Be warned, the water is very cold and extra socks are a must for children. People love the fishing, of course, but there are plenty of amenities as well. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Daily limit is 4 trout with a 15 inch length restriction on brown trout. When the park officially opens this year (2020) on May 17th you must have both a Missouri state fishing license and a daily trout tag to fish. Roaring River is a great spot for the day or the weekend. The park is well equipped for picnics, BBQ’s and also has a restaurant and store which will open after May 17th 2020. I will be checking out the other trails at some point to see if any are less heart attack inducing. Park, Montauk State Park. The regular trout fishing season at Bennett Spring, Maramec Spring, Montauk, and Roaring River runs from March 1 to October 31 each year. I was more interested in hiking this trip than fishing, so I left the spouse to see if he could catch dinner (he didn’t) and took off for the Fire Tower Trail with two of my children. At the hatchery, Roaring River is located between two very high bluffs, so if you want to hike there, it’s pretty much straight up. The main draw – catching the cunning hatchery trout – can be addictive. Located seven miles south of Cassville, in southwest Missouri, the spring-fed Roaring River winds through the beautiful Ozark mountains, providing fishermen and women the opportunity to outwit rainbow and brown trout. ( Log Out /  Several other well learned lessons were:  Don’t throw rocks when people are fishing and Don’t touch random plants (poison ivy grows close to the trails here). Home The... Roaring River presents a great place to catch Rainbow Trout, (possibly a Brown Trout if you are lucky), relax outdoors, and simply appreciate the natural beauty of the surrounding Ozarks. Yesterday I had the chance once again to be involved in passing down a passion for fishing as my family gathered at Roaring River State Park and introduced this fun hobby to the grandkids. There are seven hiking trails throughout Roaring River State Park. Jeff Greer, of Grove, Okla., a regular contender for lunker honors at Roaring River, shows off the 9.1-pound trout he caught in the first half hour of fishing on Sunday. I have always been fascinated with fishing. According to the Roaring River State Park, an average of 20 million gallons of water feed the river daily. As I grew I learned other ways of fishing for the real thing and enjoyed taking my oldest son out and letting him learn about this great hobby. During the winter season Bennett Spring, Montauk, and Roaring River are open for trout fishing from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Jun 21, 2015 - Explore Carrie Jabben's board "Roaring River State Park" on Pinterest. Once you visit, you'll want to return each year to find a new favorite fishing spot, or maybe with an arsenal of your newest home-tied flies. Or flies. A scenic drive off of Hwy 60 down Hwy 39 to Hwy 248 and a hard left onto Hwy 112 which takes you to the park. The main draw – catching the cunning hatchery trout – can be addictive. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Keep an eye on the Department of Conservation website at: https://mdc.mo.gov/events/details/kids-fishing-day. Whether you want to fish, camp, hike or swim-Roaring River State Park has all your outdoor getaway needs! Bennett Spring State Park, Maramec Spring The Roaring River emerges from an icy spring, providing the perfect habitat for Rainbow Trout hatched for release. Many are rebuilding including Roaring River State Park. Fishermen rise early and stake out a piece of riverbank to prepare for the morning siren, announcing to all that fishing is now in session. See more ideas about State parks, River, Park. With hiking trails nearby, camping, picnic grounds, and a playground in the State Park for the kids, plan to spend a long weekend to get the most out of the area. On August 15, 2020 Roaring River will host a Kids Free Fishing day which are generally staffed with experienced men and women who love to share their fishing knowledge with the next generation. As an only child with a great imagination, I would find the biggest stick I could, tie yarn to it and place a huge metal closet hook on the end. A birds eye view from the Fire Tower Trail overlooking the main hatchery pond. winter catch-and-release season beginning on the second Friday of November and ending on ( Log Out /  Current fly fishing reports and conditions for Roaring River State Park in Missouri Get the latest up to date fly fishing report for fishing in Roaring River State Park with the top producing flies and recommended equipment to get you into fish. Find out where the action is, what the water conditions are and everything you need for a successful day on the water! the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November. One of 2 vultures found in North America, this black vulture was spotted in Roaring River State Park in SW Missouri. Roaring River White Ribbon Area No bait restrictions. Parks Book. Roaring River State Park has a lot to offer, so get out there! It stretches from Roaring River State Park all the way down to Table Rock Lake, although the trout fishing often doesn't stretch down that far in reality.