His mother Eve Branson first served in the women royal naval services and then worked with Entertainments National Service Association as a Ballet Dancer. Richard too is very understanding and has never let Joan’s past career as a nude model affect their relationship. Richard Branson, the founder of the Virgin Group of companies, saw Joan Templeman for the first time in the kitchen of Virgin Records studio, the Manor, where she was making a cup of tea. Joan Templeman- Branson is Sir Richard Branson’s Wife. If you would like them or authenticate them please contact me. She became Mrs. Branson when she married her long time partner, Branson on December 20, 1989 at Necker Island, the 74-acre island in the British Virgin Islands that Branson owns. Richard gifted her ‘Necker Island’ a 74-acre luxury property in Caribbean coast. children: Clare Sarah Branson, Holly Branson, Sam Branson. Your email address will not be published. She was the childhood sweetheart of musician Ronnie Leahy. Let us take a look at celeb profile of the Richard Branson and his family tree. Don't forget to check the Photo Gallery & Video. 7,697, This story has been shared 6,479 times. “I thought, ‘Well how could I persuade her to come away with me for the weekend?’…So I rang up an estate agent … I pretended I wanted to buy an island [in the Virgin Islands] and they said, ‘Well come on down. Joan Templeman and Richard Branson moved to Little Venice in London where they lived in his houseboat. Who Is The Greatest Female Warrior In History. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Templeman and Branson share a kiss in 2018, Helena Bonham Carter dons a tiara and gown for ‘The Crown’ Season 4 premiere, Harry Styles wears a Gucci gown as Vogue’s first solo male cover star, Vera Wang was ‘totally shocked’ her sports bra photo went viral, You can and should still buy Chris Evans' 'Knives Out' sweater in 2020, Walmart’s best early Black Friday deals to shop right now, Uniqlo and Jil Sander launch long-awaited +J collection, 25 best early Black Friday 2020 deals you can already shop, Ray-Ban and Oakley sunglasses up to 50% off for Amazon flash sale, ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 17 Premiere Brings Back Patrick Dempsey in Shocking Moment, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Stephen Curry, Malala Yousafzai launching celebrity book clubs, Donald Trump once lectured Richard Branson on running an airline, Richard Branson turned down $1B of Saudi funding over Jamal Khashoggi's murder, Richard Branson reveals his go-to outfit for any occasion, starry opening party for Virgin Hotels San Francisco, Ric Ocasek's son slams him as a deadbeat dad who 'was never there', Person leaps to death while viewing apartment at famed Hollywood building, Inside Phil Collins and ex-wife Orianne Cevey's heated splits, Anne Hathaway apologizes for 'The Witches' disability controversy, Paulina Porizkova had a 'total nervous breakdown' at airport, Rift between royal family and Prince Harry grows, 'Family Ties' star Meredith Baxter hated her 'enormous breasts', Al Roker takes a walk in Central Park and more star snaps, 'No way' Megyn Kelly will ever return to mainstream media, Tristan Thompson apologized to Kris Jenner after Khloé cheating scandal, Monster alligator prowls Florida golf course during Tropical Storm Eta. Despite being a daughter of a rich ship carpenter, Joan had supported her finances all throughout. Richard Branson has four siblings. Joan, unlike Richard, is a very private person. He also revealed what won over his wife, who, at the time, showed very little interest in the future billionaire. Your email address will not be published. “As the plane was taxiing down the runway I suddenly thought, ‘I’ve got to stop this plane and go back and see her,’ so I jumped up, I went to the front of the plane and said ‘I’m sorry, I’ve got to get out off the plane,’ and they did stop the plane. See the article in its original context from. Branson, who shared that he was working out at the hotel gym at 4 a.m. after the bash, told us he is in the best shape of his life. This couple did not have any children. Richard is a super-rich person who lives with his family on his private island. In her sixth month of pregnancy, she was diagnosed with appendicitis which eventually caused the death of her four days old pre-mature born girl, Clare Sarah. Re comments: What a load of old codswallop! In Richard’s words, Joan is the reason behind his success, both as a businessman and as a family man. Richard immediately fell in love with her.