Lentils are ideal for cooking in the slow cooker. Serve with warm pita and some vegetables for dipping. In around 15-20 minutes, red lentils are ready! A perfect make-ahead salad that can be enjoyed all week! Many of you have been asking for more recipes featuring plant-based protein, and Lentils happen to be one of my personal favorites. An easy, healthy 30 minutes vegan dinner with a thick red lentil tomato sauce with Italian spices and pasta. Read More…, family ~ fun ~ favorite things ~ favorite places. A globally-inspired, seasonal, whole foods recipe blog to nurture body, mind and spirit. Source: Diabetic Living Magazine, Look for red lentils and quinoa at a large supermarket or a store that carries a wide selection of legumes and grains. This healthy red lentil curry recipe has a rich flavor and complexity that tastes like it takes hours to prepare. Vegan and GF. I’m pretty sure most of you are super busy with life! Hi! I discovered lentils as I started experimenting with cooking in high school. Here are some of our most popular, highly-rated, globally-inspired Lentil Recipes to put on your meal plan this week. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes, Instant Pot Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes Recipe, Roasted Turkey Breast with Bourbon Maple Glaze, Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Root Vegetables, Homemade Skinny Basil Pesto (without nuts), Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Starbucks Zebra Copycat. (Note 3) Set aside to assemble the red lentil salad. Your email address will not be published. Rich, fragrant, and packed with protein, think of this Lentil Dal – like Saag Paneer, but substituting lentils instead of the Cheese! Source: Diabetic Living Magazine. This is the best red lentils recipe I've made, I think, and it's SO easy! However, I do rinse the lentils off right before cooking them. Lentils are very inexpensive and they pack a boatload of flavor to any recipe! Keep it vegan or add a drizzle of plain yogurt for extra richness. They hold up well in soups and stews. Recipes like Roasted Root Veggies & Greens over Spiced Lentils and Quick Lentil Salmon Salad are healthy, delicious and full of veggies. This healthy lentil salad recipe is ready in no time. Slow-Cooker Squash, Millet & Lentil Dal with Herbed Yogurt, Roasted Root Veggies & Greens over Spiced Lentils, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Thanks! Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days or freeze. For more on vegan protein sources, read my article on where to find plant-based protein. Like for any pasta, you can add cheese on top of your pasta. Red Lentil Salad is delicious and easy to prepare! I think the shepherds pie recipe near the top is linked to the wrong recipe. Seared Ahi with Moroccan Lentils – Cumin & Fennel crusted Ahi is served over Moroccan Lentils with roasted baby carrots, fresh herbs and yogurt drizzle. Source: EatingWell Magazine, September/October 2016, This healthy vegetarian recipe is hearty and satisfying. Three types of chile peppers (fresh poblanos, chili powder and chipotles in adobo) add depth and complexity. Do lentils need to be soaked before being cooked? Love all the options with lentils. I’m vegan and just found out I’m pregnant (! You can use any cooked pasta or fresh pasta you like in this recipe, the shape doesn’t matter. Source: Everyday Slow Cooker, You don't need broth for this lentil soup recipe--it's rich thanks to the browned bits in the bottom of the pan that meld into the soup, packing it with flavor. ), Use red, yellow or even brown lentils to make this iconic and super-simple Middle Eastern soup. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant and golden in color. Love all the great ideas and healthy recipes, can’t wait to try some of these! Filed Under: Vegan Meals Tagged With: Gluten Free, Vegan, Your email address will not be published. It all sounds delicious and like good information but I Googled recipes not nutrition lesson. Source: EatingWell Magazine, May 2019, This twist on a traditional Shepard's Pie recipe uses lentils and is garnished with fresh mint. Pick out a couple of lentil recipes to try out this week! Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. Oh my gosh! Indian shepherd’s pie with lentils….amazing!! Copyright (C) 2020 by Ayesha Curry. Grandma's comfort foods remind of us simpler, happier times and make us feel better—even if only for a little while. However, since it is a vegan red lentil pasta recipe, you want to make sure your pasta is egg-free! Will make again! Photographs by Eva Kolenko. These 25 Healthy Lentil Recipes will not only leave you feeling satisfied but will WOW your taste buds, as well! Then, add all the sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and then simmer 15 minutes, stirring often. There is plenty of vegan-friendly cheese available at the grocery store like vegan parmesan or vegan mozzarella. Puréeing some of the lentil-vegetable mixture, and then combining it with the remaining vegetables and lentils gives the soup a texture that satisfies those who love a creamy soup and those who prefer it chunky. Here they are topped with pickled beets. I LOVE making this lentil recipe and I make this as part of my meal preps for the week. I love the mint! Read More. A simple tasty vegetarian meal! Keep reading to learn more. The recipe it goes to has no lentils in it. While most salads taste best when freshly assembled, lentil salads appreciate time for the flavors to marry so try to make it at least a few hours ahead if you can. Lentils do not need to be soaked prior to cooking. Bring lentils to an almost boil,(note 1) reduce heat to low, simmer red lentils for about 15 minutes, uncovered. This  Lentil Tabouli Salad is infused with Middle Eastern flavors and can be made ahead. This Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry can be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. I love the mint! They also cook quickly so you can have a nutritious dinner on the table easily. Bring along to any potluck! Bonus, red lentils are low-carb plant-based proteins and this red split lentil recipe makes a delicious vegan low-carb dinner over low-carb pasta. Lentils are affordable and pantry-friendly, so it’s always great to have some on hand. Add lentils into your heart-healthy diet. Thank you for posting!! To me, they are comfort food. Source: EatingWell Soups Special Issue April 2016, In this budget-friendly salmon recipe, canned salmon tops lentils, carrots and celery--ingredients you probably have on hand already. The sauce will thicken and get creamy. This recipe for Simple Braised French Lentils is nourishing and comforting and a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with so many things! Keywords: best lentil recipes, lentil recipes, vegan lentil recipes, vegetarian lentil recipes, best lentil recipes, healthy lentil recipes, red lentil recipes, Tag @feastingathome on Instagram and hashtag it #feastingathome. You don't need broth for this lentil soup recipe--it's rich thanks to the browned bits in the bottom of the pan that meld into the soup, packing it with flavor. Lentils take the place of ground meat and vegan butter adds creaminess to the mashed potatoes in this easy vegan shepherd's pie recipe. So being busy, we all need to eat and for me, I need my meals to be ready, delicious and if I can make anything ahead of time – cha-ching a win all around. Join us! Yes, red lentil pasta is a healthy plant-based meal packed with vegan protein and nutrients. © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. The fresh basil improves the whole thing x10, and I'm glad I followed the (lack of) instructions and didn't make rice.