You can store the lentils in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months. Making this now and it smells wonderful. Haha. Once the onion is translucent, add in the spice and red lentils. Not sure I will find that locally. Delicious and satisfying vegan lentil soup! I can’t wait to make it again. Our FREE 49-Page Fan Favorites e-Book has 20 recipes we think you’ll LOVE! My grown up sons loved it! So yummy. I also left the seeds of the chili pepper in, and I used freshly squeezed coconut milk. We’re so glad you both enjoyed it! This is definitely going to be a meal I make frequently and I think I might even try freezing some. We used yellow onion instead of shallots and extra peppers for spiciness. Creamy Hi Kathleen, thank you. One of my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing! Oh wow! I turned it into Insta Pot version. My tummy ,mouth & heart are happy and I’m thankful to be the only lentil eater in the family!! So delicious! This was the MOST delicious recipe, and has become one of my top soups to make! Even my 4 year-old liked it! Is there a slow cooker way of making this? This is a very delicious soup that warms you from the inside out. Turned out great! No aminos- added white soy and some coconut sugar. So good! We don’t peel carrots or potatoes, so that was a fun texture which I like. Hi Nadine, yes you can. I agree that the broth really boosts the taste. I love comfort food with a healthy twist. <3 from Berlin, Julia, we are so glad you have been enjoying our recipes! So simple yet so delicious! Just made this and WOW! Then this morning I gave some to my coworker who is a native of India because she’s always bringing me amazing food to try and she loved it! Jan, you can also see my suggestions above! Usually there is no leftover of this soup in our home because we finish it in one sitting. I used green lentils instead and it still turned out amazing! Served it with rice. Delicious and deeply satisfying. not sure if the lentils would purée smoothly or not. You will want to quadruple this. This easy to make red lentil soup spiced-up with Thai red curry is a recipe you’ll want to make over and over again. Today I made it in my instant pot to save time. I used Mae Ploy brand red curry paste, 2 tbsp and it was still eye-watering spicy (and perfect). Add vegetable broth and coconut milk and increase heat to medium high. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! Sooo tasty! Thanks! I too feel like soup is a year round meal – yum! This was a great recipe! We had the exact same regrets and are definitely making this again tomorrow night! Make this recipe in the stovetop or Instant Pot. SO glad you all enjoyed it! Definitely will make again. Wow! Love it! And if you wouldn’t mind adding a rating next time that would be amazing. And I’m a newly converted vegan. I made a double batch and will freeze the leftovers, and serve with basmati rice. My omnivorous husband made this and it turned out wonderful. What is a serving size would you say? Perfect! However, I did not need to thin it out in later steps. Worked like magic in an instapot. I ended up adding a tetra (32 oz.) It has everything I’ve wanted. I cook a lot of your recipes…I mean A LOT. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring often until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes. So so so so good. I forgot I actually ADDED lots more coconut aminos at the end. Any suggestions on a replacement for the coconut aminos? You could make this with any lentils that you have, but the masoor dal give it a very smooth (and extra soothing) texture. This is definitely one I will make again. I’ve been cooking with red lentils for years and have never found a recipe quite this amazing for them. Bring to simmer and cook for twenty minutes until the lentils are tender. Although, I don’t why – everything I’ve tried from Minimalist Baker has been a winner! This curry lentil soup is one of our favorite dishes to makes. This time I made it I changed it a bit by replacing the curry powder with a couple of tablespoons of Thai Red curry paste (vegan) it was delicious! I just made it and it will be one of those recipes I will make weekly! Great recipe! I can’t eat onions or garlic-suggestions? So easy to make. It was a hit! Thanks for another wonderful recipe Dana! Add coconut aminos and curry powder and stir once more. No worries there! I love soup for any season especially the cold season. Once the lentils are tender, it’s time to dig in! Read about privacy policy and copyright Here. And that looks yummy. Nitty gritty: I used water instead of oil, forgot to buy the serrano pepper (so I subbed 1/4 tsp. Lovely! It’s a delicious go-to to winter dish. Delicious. Wish he would give this soup a try! Oh and I used store bought curry powder. This soup is absolutely delicious! After sautéing, I just dropped all the ingredients in the pot and did high pressure for 2 min with quick release. Select cancel. I made this without oil. Like any other lentil soup recipe, this curried lentil soup is a one pot recipe that is very simple to make and takes only 30 minutes from start to finish: Red lentils absorb a lot of liquid. At the end added some spinach to add a bit of green! Yes, I think that could work, though we haven’t tried it ourselves. This vegan curry lentil soup doesn’t require blending since red lentils fall apart while cooking. Thanks for sharing! It was freaking amazing. A cup and a half? Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? I dial back the curry powder a bit because I’m a spice wimp. If the mixture becomes too thick, you can add more coconut milk or vegetable broth as needed. Making this today but without the pepper. Oh, that’s just some golden curry lentil soup I threw together last night, I’m going to say quite nonchalantly. Get the aminos. This is the best lentil soup I’ve ever made, which is Very Serious because my own lentil soup is, dare I say, already amazing. Yum! Quick question – what is the curry powder in this recipe? How to make Coconut Curry Red Lentil Soup: Site by Melissa Rose Design and Once Coupled. I have made this soup three times in as many weeks. Also, used a bit less carrots and swapped the serrano pepper for a regular red bell. It’s super helpful for us and other readers. Start with sauteing onion, garlic and ginger. It has a ton of flavor, big chunks, not a finely ground curry powder. Required fields are marked *. Thanks for sharing your experience, Leonie! Based on quick-cooking split red lentils, the soup is one of those delicious, quick and easy recipes we’re always looking for. I topped each bowl with salted peanuts, which added crunch to each smooth bite. Like any other lentil soup recipe, this curried lentil soup is a one pot recipe that is very simple to make and takes only 30 minutes from start to finish: Start with sauteing onion, garlic and ginger. I have made this soup many times. This recipe is as delicious as it looks. What a fantastic recipe! Flavourful, nourishing, and easy to make. I just made this. Thank you for the kind words :D. The metric version of the recipe lists the measurement for the shallots in millilitres rather than grams. Delicious! Spot On! I love this soup! Phenomenal!!! Thanks for the awesome recipe!! I am on a mission to create everyday nutritious recipes that taste absolutely DELICIOUS!!! This. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Your email address will not be published. I actually added some sweet potato to make it more of a meal soup and it was a great addition! Lucky are the weekends when it‘s possible to try a handful of your recipes. Super easy. September 30, 2019 By Shadi HasanzadeNemati 32 Comments. I followed the recipe pretty close except instead of serrano pepper I added 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper. I also added turmeric, 1 TBSP coconut sugar, and tofu. It was so simple- it was ingredients I had on hand and it was quick. I was worried about the hot pepper but was surprised how tame it really is after cooking. Thanks for sharing, Cami! Yay! And I was “skeptical” as I am a huge fan and maker of the Curried Coconut Lentils. A real crowd-pleaser at my Thanksgiving dinner! Stir well so all the ingredients are combined. Doubled the curry powder then served it on rice with green beans on the side. We have just devoured this one pot! THANKS! this recipe hit my inbox at just the right moment. We are glad you enjoyed it, Natalie! It’s time to start doubling my batch! It’s about that time of year for soup and lots of it. Thanks for the inspiration! Don’t skip some fresh cilantro on top. She ate her whole bowl! Prior to the arrival of carrot lentil curry soup, I felt pretty satisfied with our family of lentil soup recipes. Love having soup stashed in the freezer, and bonus if it’s a super tasty healthy one like this. What I love the most about this red lentil curry soup is that it’s so simple and quick to make. Lentils are very versatile and can be used in different ways. So glad you enjoyed it! Hi! of tamari, but dumped in a few tbsp. This was amazing! It’s super helpful for us and other readers. Definitely a new favorite! Absolutely delicious! This was amazing!! (or store-bought - we like Imagine brand), (if using green or brown lentils, adjust cooking time as needed). I used mung dahl because that is what I had in hand. Fa’afetai tele lava! Very filling on its own,for me . I am new to vegan cooking and followed this recipe almost exactly, except I substituted soy sauce for the coconut aminos and used Persian lime flavored olive oil. Sub’ed in sweet potatoes. I followed the directions for the most part. Prep Time 15 minutes. *insert dance girl emoji*. Glad you enjoyed this soup Maggie! Full of flavor and will double next time because we went back for seconds and had no left overs! So tasty! We ate this curry with Beyond Beef grilled sausages. This lentil soup with coconut milk is very comforting. xo. So good and easy and super healthy, this will definently be a regular in our meal planning rotation! So, I JUST made this. I absolutely love it! xo. Curry lentil soup is an easy soup recipe that you can make with just a few ingredients. Yay! The only problem would be that your veggies will probably be mushy, but you could add the carrots after you release the pressure, hit the Saute button, and let them cook. I’m so glad I tried it and it’s perfect for the cooling temperatures of the Midwest. xo. Very good. But not taahhhdaayyy! I thought the coconut cream was a delicious addition. I used the curry powder recipe imbedded in the soup recipe.