Cook, stirring, until the cabbage begins to wilt. So did my young toddler. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, basil, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 additional minutes. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. If you don’t have the asetfetida and fenugreek don’t fret, it will still be fine – but those spices are worth seeking out, as they provide a nice authentic Indian flavor. ½ small head of green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced or shredded (4-5 cups) Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add the sliced onion. I was cooking, it was fun, in my tum, through my b... Hi there cathy, love the guac, can i buy the littl... CATHY! 3 tablespoons high-oleic safflower oil Method Heat the oil in a wide, heavy-based pan. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Pinch asafetida (see note above) I am sure I will love it but have a feeling the littles and possibly husband may not. Has my favourite ingredients. The protein and fiber of lentils makes you feel fuller longer, so in addition to being heart-healthy, they are also a great choice if you’re watching your weight. Served with a whole grain and some greens, it makes a delicious weeknight meal. This time I wanted to include a green vegetable right in the dal for even more nutrition, so I adapted a recipe from Madhur Jaffrey that combines red lentils and cabbage. Toss the cabbage with the parsley, if desired, and serve with the fish. 3 small dried red chili peppers Stir through the lime juice and season to taste. lentils, curry powder, purple cabbage, avocado, olive oil, greens and 3 more Vegetarian Haggis Great British Chefs shallots, allspice, salt, borlotti beans, savoy cabbage, vegetable stock and 14 more This dish can be used as a soup if you add a stock cube or two and more water. red cabbage, red onion, Hellmann's Lighter than Light Mayonnaise and 1 more Slow Cooker Red Cabbage & Apples -Braised Red Cabbage The Food Blog Colleen salt, apple cider vinegar, onion, pepper, honey, apples, caraway seeds and 1 more The use of precooked lentils reduces the cooking time. reduce heat to medium and cook till potato is tender. Heat the oil in a wide, heavy-based pan. The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Good Food Deal This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. Subscribe now for full access. Add more salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Get on the lentil train, people! I like the idea of meatless protein, and found this a tasty recipe. 257 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. Absolutely easy to make, and the house smells Devine. Ladle into bowls, top with the remaining cauliflower, toasted coconut and coriander and chilli, if using.