Steamed Rice, if desired. Turn off the heat, stir in the lime juice and season with salt to taste. Add the spinach and stir until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. ), 1 red chile, such as Fresno or serrano, halved, seeds and ribs removed, then minced, Toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, for serving (optional. https://www.dinnerwithjulie.com/2010/04/16/red-lentil-sweet-potato-curry 1 med yellow onion, chopped – Ladle into bowls, over rice if desired, and top with cilantro and coconut flakes. Will be great for hiking and work.” ~ Beckie G, SW Harbor, “Both my husband and I love the masks. 1 to 2 tsp salt. 1 large yellow onion, chopped Fresh cilantro leaves as garnish I made some Roasted Vegetable Stock before class as I needed stock for the recipes. Red Curry Lentils, Sweet Potatoes & Spinach. 1/2 tsp peppercorns add curry paste, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Roaddude.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to sites like Amazon.com and Adorama Photo. Where are face masks required? Because I’ve been cooking up a storm of chicken and beef dishes lately, my daughter suggested I change it up and do a lentil dish of some sort. 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1, 2-inch piece of ginger, chopped 3 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (sub yellow curry paste for a bit less heat) Strain into pot, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Add 1 finely chopped red onion and cook over a low heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until … Red Curry Lentils With Sweet Potatoes and Spinach By Lidey Heuck In this vegetarian main inspired by Indian dal, lentils are cooked with an aromatic blend of Thai spices — fresh ginger, turmeric, red curry paste and chile — then simmered in coconut milk until fall-apart tender. – Add the spinach and stir until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. 1 medium onion, chopped Lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are soft, about 20 minutes. – Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pot and heat to medium-low. I sautéed and browned the sweet potatoes before cooking them with the lentils. – Add the coconut milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced and the lentils are creamy and falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes. If you enjoy Parmesan cheese, save the rind and pop it into the stock. Every order helps purchase materials to make masks for donation. 1 tsp red pepper flakes Add more red pepper flakes, if desired! Sweet Potato-and-Red Lentil Curry. ~ Susan W, Livermore Falls, “The masks arrived today! So today we used mostly winter greens (spinach and chard) in our Indian and Thai inspired recipes we made this past Saturday. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add garlic, onion, ginger. This week I cooked up a nice pot of Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach. 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger This is a tasty Indian dal style dish, with red lentils cooked in a Thai arrangement of fresh ginger, red curry paste, turmeric (and red chile if you like).Ingredients for Red Curry Lentil Dish. Add the sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pot and set the heat to medium-low. Add lentils, stock and salt and bring to a boil. garlic, leek, celery root, mushrooms on a baking sheet or roasting pan. If you care, please wear!“~ Jane W, Scarborough, “Outstanding quality comfort and fit. Transfer the browned sweet potatoes to a plate and set aside. During The Big Pause of 2020, however, it is about making quality cloth & fabric face masks and face coverings for the public. 1 can full fat coconut milk Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes & Spinach Enhanced further with coconut milk, browned sweet potatoes, fresh spinach, and coconut flakes, and served over a bed of Basmati rice with some toasted Naan, this is a great winter dish that will have your kitchen smelling like heaven and your bellies feeling grateful. The quality is amazing and they are comfortable. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, around 7 minutes. 1 sliced celery root Serve over rice and top with cilantro and coconut flakes, if desired. Have recommended you already. I’m eager to try her Tomatoes, Peaches, and Corn with Burrata salad when I get down to the borderlands soon. This is inspired by Indian dal, as the lentils are cooked with an aromatic blend of Thai spices – fresh ginger, turmeric, and red curry paste, a newly introduced ingredient for the class. 1 cup red lentils, rinsed Stir so that the chickpeas sizzle and fry a bit in the spiced and oil for about 10 minutes. Your work cannot be appreciated enough.” ~ Victoria P, Chicago, “We love your masks and use them all the time! Every mask purchased enables more to be made for donations. Buena Vista & Ben Lomond Recycling Centers, Sign up for the Healthy Food delivery program. Find it very comfortable and breathable. Our next next class is Saturday March 28th. When sufficiently browned, transfer to a plate and set aside. The fit is great. They need no pre-soaking and cooking time is shorter. Arrived today and they are impressive.” ~ Bob B, Maine, “The best design I’ve seen.” ~ Richard F, California, “Thank you so much for the quality masks. 2 tsp red curry pasted Add turmeric, 1 tsp red pepper lakes and chickpeas, salt and pepper. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, chile and turmeric, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Much better design than the pleated style. I make premium, high-quality, face masks. I would buy again . 1 cup lentils I appreciate the adjustable ear loops, too!” ~ Emily, Miss Portland Diner, “These masks are amazing! Thank you all for continuing to come to our class. WEB DEVELOPMENT BY Heurisit.com, Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes & Spinach. * We fished out the mushrooms which we sliced and put into the Spiced Chickpea Stew with Coconut and Turmeric. Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach. Most of my cooking on the coast of Maine in winter is with an eye towards comfort food, warm and tasty, though often with an eye towards meals I can prepare later on the road in my camp kitchen, too. – Books Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. 2 t salt. Stir in the curry paste, garlic, ginger, chile (optional) and turmeric, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. 2 cups stock (we used vegetable stock, but you can use chicken stock if you like) We love Basmati for meals like this. Five star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating” ~Janet, Rockport, “Got ‘em!!! Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, chile and turmeric, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the lentils, stock, salt and browned sweet potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil over high. That said, if don’t have time to make stock and are keeping the meal vegetarian, feel free to use them. – Boots Most of my cooking on the coast of Maine in winter is with an eye towards comfort food, warm and tasty, though often with an eye towards meals I can prepare later on the road in my camp kitchen, too. Browning the sweet potatoes before cooking them with the lentils brings out their sweetness, balancing the heat from the chile and curry paste. Hope to see you there! Go check @lideylikes, lideylikes.com, or sign up at NYT Cooking for a ton of great looking food. 2 tsp turmeric This week I cooked up a nice pot of Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach. I prefer this to store bought vegetable stocks, as I find themto be quite bitter. These are as good if not better than pictured on the web. 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch slices 1 red chile such as Fresno or serrano, halved, seeds and ribs removed, then minced (optional) Using a wooden spoon, further crush some of the chickpeas to release their starchy insides. Send me your questions about the recipes and let me know if you try any them. FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50.00 Repeat Customer Discount (email for code) Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. – Stir in the lentils, stock, salt and browned sweet potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil over high. Place the carrots, celery, onions. sweet potatoes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes, 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon), 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated (about 1 Tbs. 1 can full-fat coconut milk great quality! Red lentils are sweeter and softer than other lentils, that is, they cook up to form a splendid base for the vegetables. 1 tablespoon minced garlic cloves Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. Add the cubed sweet potatoes, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 5 to 7 minutes. 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped parsley This list of ingredients can vary widely so use what you have in your fridge. This brings out their sweetness. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Add coconut milk and stock and cook until thickened, about 30 minutes. Best fit, most comfortable, most stylish of any I have worn or seen.”  ~ Elaine J, SW Harbor, “Excellent mask! Filed Under: cooking, recipes Tagged With: camp cooking, cooking, curry, one pot meals, recipes, red lentils, roaddudefood, spicy. Add the spinach and stir until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Spiced Chickpea Stew with Coconut and Turmeric, 4 garlic cloves, chopped They are comfortable all day and don’t get damp or itchy. Here’s Lidey Heuck’s Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach recipe: 3 tablespoons olive oil They can be worn without fogging glasses. Let me know if you try this, how you like it, and if you changed it up at all. 1 tsp turmeric 1 lb. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Big bravo ” ~ Ashley L, Texas, “I wear my masks for 8.5 hours at work. In a heavy pot heat olive oil. 1 bag baby spinach (5oz) Red Curry Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach. Good work!” ~Lynn B, Maine, “Really quite nice and much needed!” ~Kathy H, Maine. 1/2 pound Cremini mushrooms (or any… except the white button mushrooms) I went looking and found a great Red Curry Lentils recipe from Lidey Heuck (@lideylikes) at New York Times Cooking. Worth the wait and cost. In a Dutch oven or pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high. Cubed, chopped, minced and ready to cook! They were delicious! 2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste at the end ROADDUDE.COM is usually about one man’s travels and photography around North America. 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes And you seemed to love it! 6 cloves garlic 1/2 tsp fennel seeds It’s a great time for socializing and for learning a little something. 1/2 lime, juiced Off the heat, stir in the lime juice and season with salt to taste. 1 can (13oz) full-fat coconut milk I keep a container of Texmati in my pantry for camp cooking and will use it when I cook this on the road. 4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.